[News] Microsoft Doesn't Use Own Products, Uses GNU/Linux - Linux

  1. [News] Microsoft Doesn't Use Own Products, Uses GNU/Linux

    Desktop Virtualization Exposed

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Did you also know that Microsoft doesn't use Exchange for their email system?
    |
    | Apparently, I'm behind since I'm told that there is terminology for this sort
    | of thing: Not eating your own dog food or "dogfooding" and I find it
    | absolutely unthinkable. Maybe I'm the one that's naive and I just don't
    | understand how technology companies work but I do know one thing: If they
    | don't use it, I'm not using it.
    |
    | Now a twofold call to action:
    |
    | First, contact your favorite vendors and ask them if they use their own
    | technology that they are selling to you. Do Apple employees use iPhones? Do
    | Microsoft employees use XP or Vista and what about Outlook and Exchange?
    `----

    Microsoft uses GNU/Linux and even its adverts are made with Macs.

    "There is such an overvaluation of technology stocks that it is absurd. I would
    include our stock in that category. It is bad for the long-term worth of the
    economy."
    --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft's CEO

    Recent:

    MS's biggest blunder, uses Linux and Apache and PHP for its infrastructure to
    promote Windows Vista

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Headers For: http://mojaveexperiment.com
    |
    | Connection: close
    | Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:53:51 GMT
    | Accept-Ranges: bytes
    | ETag: "27b85b4-bfc-62838080"
    | Server: Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
    | Last-Modified: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 03:30:58 GMT
    | Client-Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:53:51 GMT
    | Client-Peer: 72.47.200.149:80
    | Client-Response-Num: 1
    | Title: The "Mojave Experiment"
    `----

    http://openmanifesto.blogspot.com/20...ment-uses.html

  2. Re: [News] Microsoft Doesn't Use Own Products, Uses GNU/Linux

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:50:59 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Desktop Virtualization Exposed
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Did you also know that Microsoft doesn't use Exchange for their email system?

    I thought they used Lotus Notes?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: