Linux: fools some of the people some of the time - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: fools some of the people some of the time - Linux ; DFS wrote: > Who's going to buy Linux laptops and desktops? It's a Windows, Windows, > Windows, Windows world. But you keep on talking about Linux, Linux, Linux, Linux. -- Regards, [tv] ....What goes around usually picks up momentum! Owner/Proprietor, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 78 of 78

  1. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....What goes around usually picks up momentum!

    Good to the last supper

  2. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > If indeed Microsoft is in so much trouble, like they claim, and if Linux is
    > such a superior model of an operating system, why the obvious fear?

    I think it's more gloating than fear. ;-)
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Sushi: known to the rest of the world as 'Bait'

    Good to the last supper

  3. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > Instead the Linux community would discredit them, lable them trolls and
    > claim "Linux just works" "Fonts are fine", "My sound card works great", "I
    > can play two sounds at once", "My scanner/printer/fax/modem/etc installed
    > fine" and so forth.

    Hell, that happened to me when I started a couple of years back with
    Ubuntu.

    I thought I was going loopy. Nothing worked but apparently it did for
    everyone else.

    > The Linux community has nobody but themselves to blame for the many years
    > of potential market share wasted.
    > They had a lot of opportunities, WinME being one huge opportunity.
    > They blew it.

    And they are doing it again. Head in the sand arse in the air and Marti
    getting his "swap on". Wonderful.

    --
    "I do believe I have stated that he should be given the benefit of the
    doubt, as is his right. If he did this crime, as it would seem, then he

  4. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 04:38:04 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:
    >

    >> Instead the Linux community would discredit them, lable them trolls and
    >> claim "Linux just works" "Fonts are fine", "My sound card works great", "I
    >> can play two sounds at once", "My scanner/printer/fax/modem/etc installed
    >> fine" and so forth.

    > Hell, that happened to me when I started a couple of years back with
    > Ubuntu.
    >
    > I thought I was going loopy. Nothing worked but apparently it did for
    > everyone else.

    Exactly and they mostly got away with it because average users as opposed
    to Linux geeks were few and far between.
    The sheer lunacy of it was that the mainstream Linux people, IOW the ones
    doing the REAL Linux advocacy realized the problems and offered solutions
    in the form of How-To's, like the "Linux Font De-Uglification How To".
    Yet even with those floating around as well as numerous websites devoted to
    work around's for Linux problems, the loons in COLA were squawking "works
    fine for me".

    They can no longer do that because the Ubuntu forums alone would be all
    over them if they claimed a well known problem was user pilot error.

    IOW the cat has been let out of the bag.

    >> The Linux community has nobody but themselves to blame for the many years
    >> of potential market share wasted.
    >> They had a lot of opportunities, WinME being one huge opportunity.
    >> They blew it.

    > And they are doing it again. Head in the sand arse in the air and Marti
    > getting his "swap on". Wonderful.

    They will never learn.
    Good advocacy is not lying for your cause because people will sooner or
    later figure out what you are up to and you will not be taken seriously
    anymore.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    >> You have nice sigs, dude!

    > I've had some of these since the days of BBSing and offline mail readers.
    >
    > ..."Bother," said Pooh, as he torched the forest.....

    I remember Sam! He was the village idiot
    And though it seems a pity it
    was so.

    He loved to burn down houses just to watch the glow!

    And nothing could be done
    Because he was the Mayor's son.

    "My Home Town" by Tom Lehrer

    --
    Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

  6. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> it kind of is now that people like shuttleworth and *real* advocates
    >> such as myself have pressed for better install procedures and more
    >> sensible defaults.

    > You are nowhere near being in the same class as Shuttleworth, you preening
    > pea****.

    I think we should dub him "Headron", for his swollen (pus?) cranium.

    --
    Q: What's hard going in and soft and sticky coming out?
    A: Chewing gum.

  7. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > It breaks my heart

    Aw, how sweet. Crocodile tears.

    > to see the hard core in the debian
    > community purposely scuppering such advances by building in things which
    > break X if you use the nvidia-installer.

    Sounds like we need to go back to doing it my old, reliable way.

    --
    No solicitors.

  8. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    Chris Ahlstrom writes:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> it kind of is now that people like shuttleworth and *real* advocates
    >>> such as myself have pressed for better install procedures and more
    >>> sensible defaults.

    >> You are nowhere near being in the same class as Shuttleworth, you preening
    >> pea****.

    I never said I was.

    > I think we should dub him "Headron", for his swollen (pus?) cranium.

    Did you notice the word "and" up there?

    I have frequently lauded Shuttleworth for his efforts.

    It's silly "me too" poasts like your one above which marks you for such
    derision. Personally I dont care what the COLA loons call me - its them
    I fight against. Its because of them that Shuttleworth and similar
    decided to do something to stop the rot.

    Only someone as big an arsehole as "Tattoo Vampire" could reach that
    conclusion from what I said.

  9. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    Chris Ahlstrom writes:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> It breaks my heart

    > Aw, how sweet. Crocodile tears.

    Nope. I get very frustrated when the "hard core" ruin it for the
    rest. Its what has held Linux back.

    >> to see the hard core in the debian
    >> community purposely scuppering such advances by building in things which
    >> break X if you use the nvidia-installer.

    > Sounds like we need to go back to doing it my old, reliable
    > way.

    Your way was the way which they stopped supporting.

    --
    "Well stop covering your monitor in spunk over it then and piss off to
    a pro windows group. The more you tantrum here, the more obvious it is

  10. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    RonB wrote:

    > DumFSck wrote:
    >>
    >> I much prefer chocolate Zingers.

    >My mistake.

    "Zingers" are what DumFSck calls the turds that he fishes-out of the
    litter-box.

    --
    Question: Have you EVER told the truth?
    Hadron Quack's response: Always

  11. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > I think we should dub him "Headron", for his swollen (pus?) cranium.

    HeadDRONE
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

    Good to the last supper

  12. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    RonB wrote:
    > On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:17:06 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> RonB wrote:
    >>> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 09:41:16 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Nada...
    >>>
    >>> Isn't it time for you to venture out of mother's basement and
    >>> restock your Ding Dongs?

    >> I much prefer chocolate Zingers.

    > My mistake.

    LMAO!! Which Linux crapware program is WRonG using to send the same post 4
    times?

    Oh... it's Pan/0.14.2.91.

    There's your mistake, Mr. "I switched* to Linux!"

  13. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > Good advocacy is not lying for your cause

    Whereas trollage, good or bad, is just a relentless pack of lies.

  14. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Who's going to buy Linux laptops and desktops? It's a Windows, Windows,
    >> Windows, Windows world.

    > But you keep on talking about Linux, Linux, Linux, Linux.

    In a linux advocacy group. Weird, huh?

  15. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Who's going to buy Linux laptops and desktops? It's a Windows,
    >>> Windows, Windows, Windows world.

    >> But you keep on talking about Linux, Linux, Linux, Linux.

    > In a linux advocacy group. Weird, huh?

    I talk at the crapware, not about it.

  16. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    DFS wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >> Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    >>> But you keep on talking about Linux, Linux, Linux, Linux.

    >> In a linux advocacy group. Weird, huh?

    > I talk at the crapware, not about it.

    Posting links you find on ubuntuforums with your infantile "linux is
    crap" assertions here is definitely talking ABOUT linux. Your obsession
    is weird.

  17. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >>> In a linux advocacy group. Weird, huh?

    >> I talk at the crapware, not about it.

    > Posting links you find on ubuntuforums with your infantile "linux is
    > crap" assertions

    It is crap. And it's partly crap because of lazy freeloaders like you (and
    most if not all cola "advocates*") who are plenty willing to use it, but
    refuse to try and improve it.

    > here is definitely talking ABOUT linux. Your
    > obsession is weird.

    Your self-serving hypocrisy is much more weird.

  18. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    DFS wrote:
    >> Posting links you find on ubuntuforums with your infantile "linux is
    >> crap" assertions

    > It is crap. And it's partly crap because of lazy freeloaders like you (and

    Freeloader. Ha! All my software is properly licensed thank you very
    much. And linux is very much not crap. If you don't like it then pack up
    and piss off.

    > most if not all cola "advocates*") who are plenty willing to use it, but
    > refuse to try and improve it.

    Please point out a legal or moral requirement to improve it. Although
    anybody can if they choose to, it is not required. I know choice and
    freedom scares you dummies but come on try and join the dots on this one.

    >> here is definitely talking ABOUT linux. Your
    >> obsession is weird.

    > Your self-serving hypocrisy is much more weird.

    Seeing as how it doesn't exist, yeah I spose. On the other hand you
    spend a great deal of your day trolling a linux advocacy group. You are
    really sad. You need professional help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4