Linux: fools some of the people some of the time - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: fools some of the people some of the time - Linux ; Phil Da Lick! wrote: > DFS wrote: >> Phil Da Lick! wrote: >>> DFS wrote: >>>> But with a flatline market share over the last decade, only a tiny >>>> few have been fooled. >>>> >>> Yet it still obviously ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78

  1. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> Yet it still obviously scares you ****less.

    >> blah blah blah... how could anyone be scared of a runny Linux turd
    >> and the foul-mouthed apes that laid it?
    >>
    >> I know what really scares you, Windows user/pretend "advocate*": the
    >> thought of actually having to use only Linux and open source
    >> crapware.

    > Unlike you I actually use linux

    For playpen tinkering and wasting time only. When you want to get work done
    or run your business, you return to the renowned Microsoft Windows XP
    operating system and the huge universe of great application software.

    > and have a genuine reason for being in
    > this newsgroup. You just come here and wail like a three year old
    > scared of monsters in the cupboard.

    I don't know where you weirdos get the insane idea that anyone is scared of
    Linux. For anything but the most basic server duties, it's a crappy,
    unstable, amateurish silly-apps platform that the great majority of people
    who try then turn around and uninstall. Look how much of the crapware is
    distributed in magazines and downloaded online, then look at the website
    hits generated by Linux users (at marketshare.hitslink.com and
    www.bbc.co.uk): 1%.

    It will never replace Windows, or get anything but the most nominal market
    share.

  2. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    DFS wrote:

    > It will never replace Windows, or get anything but the most nominal market
    > share.

    So why are you here fretting over it day after day, you hapless twit?

    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Excuse my driving ... I'm trying to reload.

    Good to the last supper

  3. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 23:13:34 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> It will never replace Windows, or get anything but the most nominal market
    >> share.

    > So why are you here fretting over it day after day, you hapless twit?

    Kind of odd, isn't it, how many words and emotional outbursts it takes for
    WinTrolls to claim that Linux is a non-threat? What are they railing
    against?

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  4. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 23:13:34 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> It will never replace Windows, or get anything but the most nominal market
    >> share.

    > So why are you here fretting over it day after day, you hapless twit?

    Kind of odd, isn't it, how many words and emotional outbursts it takes for
    WinTrolls to claim that Linux is a non-threat? What are they railing
    against?

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  5. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    RonB wrote:
    > On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 23:13:34 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> It will never replace Windows, or get anything but the most nominal
    >>> market share.

    >> So why are you here fretting over it day after day, you hapless twit?

    Who's "fretting", luser?

    > Kind of odd, isn't it, how many words and emotional outbursts it
    > takes for WinTrolls to claim that Linux is a non-threat?

    You over-imaginative, free-loading goobs might have some ridiculous
    fantasies of Linux supplanting Windows, but it's going nowhere except onto a
    few previously-Unix servers.

    > What are
    > they railing against?

    Crappy open source dirtware, and lying cola turds (like you and 7 and
    Spamowitz and Ballard and Homer, et al)

  6. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    DFS wrote:
    >> Unlike you I actually use linux

    > For playpen tinkering and wasting time only. When you want to get work done
    > or run your business, you return to the renowned Microsoft Windows XP
    > operating system and the huge universe of great application software.

    Well now that all depends on what I'm doing in my business doesn't it?
    Some parts are based on windows desktops, and some parts are linux
    based. And we have an old mac full of artwork lying around somewhere as
    well.

  7. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>

    >> Liar.
    >>
    >> See how easy that is?
    >>
    >> Maybe if you offered some proof to back up your "liars" we'd make some
    >> progress huh?

    > Thats not how it works.
    >
    > You make outrageous claims then YOU provide the backup.

    No. You refute a claim then you provide backup to support your position.
    That's how it works. Innocent until proven guilty. And a Hardon Quick
    "Pants on fire!" isn't proof.

  8. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    DFS wrote:

    > You over-imaginative, free-loading goobs might have some ridiculous
    > fantasies of Linux supplanting Windows, but it's going nowhere except onto a
    > few previously-Unix servers.

    Again, why are you here, then? Don't spout that crap that you're here to
    ruffle feathers. Of course, if that IS true, then you're a miserable son of
    a bitch with no life.

    So which is it, loser? Are you afraid of Linux, or are you a friendless
    nebbish?

    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

    Good to the last supper

  9. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    Rex Ballard writes:

    > On Sep 25, 6:13*am, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >> > It will never replace Windows, or get anything
    >> > but the most nominal market share.

    > Didn't your mommy ever tell you never to say never.
    >
    > In the sub-notebook market, the only market where Linux competes with
    > Windows directly on the retail shelves, Linux versions are outselling
    > Windows version 60% to 40%. This could become a signal to companies

    No they are not. Please post proof of this. And do not reference Richard
    Rasker's nonsense and guess work.'

  10. Re: Wintrolls: fool some of the people some of the time

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 23:13:34 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> It will never replace Windows, or get anything but the most nominal market
    >> share.

    > So why are you here fretting over it day after day, you hapless twit?

    See altered subject line. ;-)

    However the M$ zealots are seeing their world shrinking, & no matter how
    much DFS & others post their mantra that linux only has a "most nominal
    market share" the reality is different. As has been shown many times,
    "market share" cannot be measured for something that's *free*.

    --
    "If it weren't for Windows, you wouldn't
    be posting anything right now."
    Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004

  11. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 09:25:41 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>

    >>> Liar.
    >>>
    >>> See how easy that is?
    >>>
    >>> Maybe if you offered some proof to back up your "liars" we'd make some
    >>> progress huh?

    >> Thats not how it works.
    >>
    >> You make outrageous claims then YOU provide the backup.

    Funny that Quack can't substantiate his claims about what people
    *supposedly* said with M-IDs ain't it, & yet teh troll expects others to
    do what he doesn't.

    Example:
    And to think Willy is normally telling us how Linux runs on a PIII
    with 128 k of ram.

    From: Hadron
    Now Quack can show the messages (plural) where I've actually said that.
    Well he can can't he, or is the troll lying yet *again*?

    Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004

  12. Re: Wintrolls: fool some of the people some of the time

    William Poaster writes:

    > On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 23:13:34 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> It will never replace Windows, or get anything but the most nominal market
    >>> share.

    >> So why are you here fretting over it day after day, you hapless twit?

    > See altered subject line. ;-)
    >
    > However the M$ zealots are seeing their world shrinking, & no matter how
    > much DFS & others post their mantra that linux only has a "most nominal
    > market share" the reality is different. As has been shown many times,
    > "market share" cannot be measured for something that's *free*.

    Don't be silly Willy. Of course it can.

    Take a deep breath and try and follow the math.

    Lets say 100 computers visit a certain site. And that site is
    "neutral". Say a news site or similar.

    Well, if 90 run XP, 2 run Vista, 7 run Mac and 1 runs Linux then its
    fair to say that Linux has a 1% market share.

    For free? Lets turn it around. 1% of the Market that the News Site is
    targeting is linux.

    There. That was not too difficult even for you was it?

    --
    "Maybe you can buy a Saturday Night Special and blow your POS brains out."
    -- Rick in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  13. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > --
    > Regards,
    > [tv]
    >
    > ...Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

    You have nice sigs, dude!

    Reminds me of an Isaac Asimov limerick:

    There once was a woman named Mame
    Who longed to play in a tough football game
    But that can't be
    For she's a woman, you see
    Yet she's "making" the team just the same

    --
    Virtue would go far if vanity did not keep it company.
    -- La Rochefoucauld

  14. Re: Wintrolls: fool some of the people some of the time

    After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 23:13:34 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>

    >> So why are you here fretting over it day after day, you hapless twit?

    As 7 noted, DFS is a "scarecrow". A "micoshaft trolling asstroturfer
    pounding the sock".

    > See altered subject line. ;-)
    >
    > However the M$ zealots are seeing their world shrinking, & no matter how
    > much DFS & others post their mantra that linux only has a "most nominal
    > market share" the reality is different. As has been shown many times,
    > "market share" cannot be measured for something that's *free*.

    Even getting "usage" share is dicey.

    --
    There's certainly precedent for that already too. (Not claiming it's
    *good* precedent, mind you. :-)

  15. Re: Wintrolls: fool some of the people some of the time

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 23:13:34 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >>
    >>> DFS wrote:
    >>>

    >>> So why are you here fretting over it day after day, you hapless twit?

    > As 7 noted, DFS is a "scarecrow". A "micoshaft trolling asstroturfer
    > pounding the sock".
    >
    >> See altered subject line. ;-)
    >>
    >> However the M$ zealots are seeing their world shrinking, & no matter how
    >> much DFS & others post their mantra that linux only has a "most nominal
    >> market share" the reality is different. As has been shown many times,
    >> "market share" cannot be measured for something that's *free*.

    > Even getting "usage" share is dicey.

    7 does the same thing as it cross posts its insanity. 7 is no bed of
    roses in its own right and neither is TV that hopes about NG(s) trolling.

  16. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    Rex Ballard wrote:
    > On Sep 25, 6:13 am, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>> It will never replace Windows, or get anything
    >>> but the most nominal market share.

    > Didn't your mommy ever tell you never to say never.

    > In the sub-notebook market, the only market where Linux competes with
    > Windows directly on the retail shelves, Linux versions are outselling
    > Windows version 60% to 40%.

    There's absolutely no evidence of that whatsoever.

    > This could become a signal to companies
    > like Acer and Lenovo, who have fallen behind Apple in terms of market
    > share by unit volumes, and are way behind Apple in terms of revenue
    > and profits, to start putting Linux laptops and desktops on retailer
    > shelves.

    Keep hope alive!

    Who's going to buy Linux laptops and desktops? It's a Windows, Windows,
    Windows, Windows world.

    > The COLA group on the other hand is very active, more widely viewed,
    > and much more varied and interesting.

    ha! This pit is a joke, Rex. 75% of the Linux adherents are silly liars
    that barely have human thoughts.

    > And Linux is proposed as a
    > Solution to the problems and frustrations that people have with
    > Windows and Vista.

    Vista market share after 1.5 years: 18%
    Linux market share after 17 years: 1%

    So who's frustrated?

    > So rather than promote windows in a group nobody reads, he wants to
    > post to the COLA group, to get a wider audience.

    I'm not shabbily egotistical like you are; I just like to argue and flame
    and debate.

  17. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >>> Unlike you I actually use linux

    >> For playpen tinkering and wasting time only. When you want to get
    >> work done or run your business, you return to the renowned Microsoft
    >> Windows XP operating system and the huge universe of great
    >> application software.

    > Well now that all depends on what I'm doing in my business doesn't it?
    > Some parts are based on windows desktops, and some parts are linux
    > based. And we have an old mac full of artwork lying around somewhere
    > as well.

    You could run your business with only Windows.

    You can't run your business with only Linux.

    Linux == phail

  18. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 09:41:16 -0400, DFS wrote:

    Nada...

    Isn't it time for you to venture out of mother's basement and restock your
    Ding Dongs?

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  19. Re: Wintrolls: fool some of the people some of the time

    Hadron wrote:
    > William Poaster writes:

    >>> So why are you here fretting over it day after day, you hapless
    >>> twit?

    >> See altered subject line. ;-)
    >>
    >> However the M$ zealots are seeing their world shrinking, & no matter
    >> how much DFS & others post their mantra that linux only has a "most
    >> nominal market share" the reality is different. As has been shown
    >> many times, "market share" cannot be measured for something that's
    >> *free*.

    > Don't be silly Willy. Of course it can.

    cola idiots are true idiots and hypocrites.

    Linux share can't be measured... unless the numbers are good. Then they're
    quoted forever.

    > Take a deep breath and try and follow the math.
    >
    > Lets say 100 computers visit a certain site. And that site is
    > "neutral". Say a news site or similar.
    >
    > Well, if 90 run XP, 2 run Vista, 7 run Mac and 1 runs Linux then its
    > fair to say that Linux has a 1% market share.

    Basic statistical sampling methodology. Employed in every industry, and
    used as the basis for important decision making.

    It figures these under-if-employed-at-all cola bozos can't grasp such a
    simple notion.

    > For free? Lets turn it around. 1% of the Market that the News Site is
    > targeting is linux.
    >
    > There. That was not too difficult even for you was it?

    It was, actually. You're being mean to Dumb Willie.

  20. Re: Linux: fools some of the people some of the time

    DFS wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >>> For playpen tinkering and wasting time only. When you want to get
    >>> work done or run your business, you return to the renowned Microsoft
    >>> Windows XP operating system and the huge universe of great
    >>> application software.

    >> Well now that all depends on what I'm doing in my business doesn't it?
    >> Some parts are based on windows desktops, and some parts are linux
    >> based. And we have an old mac full of artwork lying around somewhere
    >> as well.

    > You could run your business with only Windows.
    >
    > You can't run your business with only Linux.

    Was there a meaningful point here?