Happy Linux User, Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 8.10) Uptime Jumps from 14 to26 Days! - Linux

This is a discussion on Happy Linux User, Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 8.10) Uptime Jumps from 14 to26 Days! - Linux ; On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:49:12 -0700, nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote: > On Sep 23, 1:46 pm, Chris Ahlstrom wrote: >> After takin' a swig o' grog, ness...@wigner.berkeley.edu belched out this bit o' wisdom: >> >> > The trouble with making reasonable ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 28 of 28

  1. Re: Happy Linux User, Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 8.10) Uptime Jumps from 14 to 26 Days!

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:49:12 -0700, nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:

    > On Sep 23, 1:46 pm, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, ness...@wigner.berkeley.edu belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >>
    >> > The trouble with making reasonable and balanced statements in the
    >> > presence of DFS is that he is completely off the deep end with his
    >> > frothing hatred of Linux. There is nothing reasonable or balanced
    >> > about what he says. He used to be slightly more reasonable, but he's
    >> > gotten more rabid as time goes on.

    >> Have you noticed it now takes DFS, Moshe, and Hadron working together to
    >> try to assemble one half-way decent insult these days?

    > Well I seldom read Hadron but I have noticed that so many people are
    > on his case these days calling him for what he is that he can hardly
    > get away with anything. If there are any strangers passing through
    > here (I think there are) Hadron is not going to look very good. He
    > never did.

    As someone in another groups observed: "His (Quack) notoriety has preceded
    him."

    > All the trolls would be more effective in promoting the interests of
    > their beloved monopoly if they were just polite and argued cases on
    > the merits. They're too dumb to get that, however. Must be their
    > instructions from their puppet meisters in Redmond, to be as nasty as
    > possible.
    >

    >> It must be frustrating for them -- Linux itself provides precious little
    >> trolling material now, and in fact is making some noticeable inroads,
    >> and the regulars here are inured to childish troll insults for
    >> the most part.

    > Yes, Linux and FOSS is making some notable inroads, and with the help
    > of Apple and Google Microsoft is looking more and more vulnerable
    > every day. It's been a good year so far (well, maybe not for the
    > stock market).

  2. Re: Happy Linux User, Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 8.10) Uptime Jumps from 14 to 26 Days!

    none of your buisiness writes:

    > nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
    >
    >> The trouble with making reasonable and balanced statements in the
    >> presence of DFS is that he is completely off the deep end with his
    >> frothing hatred of Linux. *There is nothing reasonable or balanced

    He doesn't hate Linux. He hates the "advocates".

    And he doesn't make anything up. The links he posts are to real,
    verifiable issues which the "advocates" deny. It's a game.

    >> about what he says. *He used to be slightly more reasonable, but he's
    >> gotten more rabid as time goes on.

    > you hit the nail right on the head with that one. in DFS's case, it shows
    > that he is mentally unstable. this, unfortunatly is the mindset of the
    > corporate culture these days.
    > it will not suprise me if DFS is a Microsoft high ranking employee.

    Is your shift key as broken as your brain?

    > i don't know if you have heard of it or seen it yet, but highly recommend
    > that you see the movie "The Corporation"
    >
    > that will explain the psycopathic behavior behind corporations (like
    > Microsoft)

    You and Phil Da Tard should get a room with Homer and Roy.

    --
    "True. Due to a lack of competition, there essentially have been no
    improvements to Microsoft's operating system and office software. It

  3. Re: Happy Linux User, Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 8.10) Uptime Jumps from 14 to 26 Days!

    nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:

    >Well I seldom read Hadron but I have noticed that so many people are
    >on his case these days calling him for what he is that he can hardly
    >get away with anything. If there are any strangers passing through
    >here (I think there are) Hadron is not going to look very good. He
    >never did.

    I don't think he cares. He's appears to be proud of being a total
    POS. His dishonesty and immorality are quite blatant.

    >All the trolls would be more effective in promoting the interests of
    >their beloved monopoly if they were just polite and argued cases on
    >the merits. They're too dumb to get that, however. Must be their
    >instructions from their puppet meisters in Redmond, to be as nasty as
    >possible.

    I think most of them are just attention-starved assholes.

  4. Re: Happy Linux User, Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 8.10) Uptime Jumps from 14to 26 Days!

    On Sep 23, 4:53 pm, none of your buisiness wrote:
    > ness...@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
    > > The trouble with making reasonable and balanced statements in the
    > > presence of DFS is that he is completely off the deep end with his
    > > frothing hatred of Linux. There is nothing reasonable or balanced
    > > about what he says. He used to be slightly more reasonable, but he's
    > > gotten more rabid as time goes on.

    > you hit the nail right on the head with that one. in DFS's case, it shows
    > that he is mentally unstable. this, unfortunatly is the mindset of the
    > corporate culture these days.
    > it will not suprise me if DFS is a Microsoft high ranking employee.
    >
    > i don't know if you have heard of it or seen it yet, but highly recommend
    > that you see the movie "The Corporation"

    Don't see many movies these days---no time---but will check it out if
    possible.

    As for mentally unstable, there's a lot of insults like that thrown
    around in this ng. In my opinion the only one who is perhaps mentally
    unstable is flatfish, although there's a difference between being
    psychotic and being just really, really creepy, and he's probably more
    in the latter camp. As for DFS, he acts just like a nerdy teenager
    that never got enough attention. There are also a lot of insults
    about who is stupid. Personally I don't think any of the trolls are
    stupid, with the exception of Ray Lopez 0.999, who makes a pretty
    effective Linux advocate with the foolish things he says. Of course
    being smart doesn't mean that the trolls are anyone you'd like to
    associate with.

  5. Re: Happy Linux User, Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 8.10) Uptime Jumps from 14 to 26 Days!

    nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:

    >In my opinion the only one who is perhaps mentally
    >unstable is flatfish, although there's a difference between being
    >psychotic and being just really, really creepy, and he's probably more
    >in the latter camp.

    He's clearly mentally-ill.

  6. Re: Happy Linux User, Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 8.10) Uptime Jumps from 14 to 26 Days!

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 14:10:33 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > none of your buisiness writes:

    >> that will explain the psycopathic behavior behind corporations (like
    >> Microsoft)

    > You and Phil Da Tard should get a room with Homer and Roy.

    There wouldn't be enough room with Roy's head in there..........

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  7. Re: Happy Linux User, Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 8.10) Uptime Jumps from 14 to 26 Days!

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 14:10:33 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> none of your buisiness writes:

    >>> that will explain the psycopathic behavior behind corporations (like
    >>> Microsoft)

    >> You and Phil Da Tard should get a room with Homer and Roy.

    > There wouldn't be enough room with Roy's head in there..........

    And half of Liarnut would be there too just behind Roy.

    --
    If you take both of those factors together then WinXP is a flop, selling
    *less* than Win 98 by a factor of two.

  8. Re: Happy Linux User, Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 8.10) Uptime Jumps from 14 to 26 Days!

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:40:13 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    >>> You and Phil Da Tard should get a room with Homer and Roy.

    >> There wouldn't be enough room with Roy's head in there..........

    > And half of Liarnut would be there too just behind Roy.

    Tickle LiarMutt's feet and Roy laughs!