Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner) - Linux

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

  1. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Ballmer sets a new (and potentially much later) retirement date
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | According to scuttlebutt from Microsoft’s annual employee meeting, which was
    > | held in Seattle on September 18, Ballmer told attendees that he is going to
    > | stay on at Microsoft until Microsoft’s search share exceeds Google’s.
    > `----
    >
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1599

    Aw ****, looks like we're stuck with him. But then again, since he took
    over MS has tanked the big one so maybe its better in the long run?

  2. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (Could Leave Sooner)

  3. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > Also (much more recent):
    >
    > “Nathan Myhrvold: The genesis of this idea was when I was at Microsoft. We had
    > a problem with patent liability. All these people were coming to sue us or
    > demand payment. And Bill (Gates) asked me to think about if there was a
    > solution. This is what I came up with.”
    >
    > http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122142717791833671.html

    Racketeering scum.

    > We live in interesting times.

    Indeed.

  4. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (Could Leave Sooner)

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> Also (much more recent):
    >>
    >> “Nathan Myhrvold: The genesis of this idea was when I was at Microsoft. We had
    >> a problem with patent liability. All these people were coming to sue us or
    >> demand payment. And Bill (Gates) asked me to think about if there was a
    >> solution. This is what I came up with.”
    >>
    >> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122142717791833671.html

    > Racketeering scum.
    >

    >> We live in interesting times.

    > Indeed.

    "All of this fear is from people who have guilty knowledge of their own
    actions. There are lots of major tech companies that grew from zero to
    gigantically successful in a very short period of time without investing
    in their own inventions. They got there by using other people's
    inventions."

  5. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>> Also (much more recent):
    >>>
    >>> “Nathan Myhrvold: The genesis of this idea was when I was at Microsoft. We had
    >>> a problem with patent liability. All these people were coming to sue us or
    >>> demand payment. And Bill (Gates) asked me to think about if there was a
    >>> solution. This is what I came up with.”
    >>>
    >>> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122142717791833671.html

    >> Racketeering scum.
    >>

    >>> We live in interesting times.

    >> Indeed.

    > "All of this fear is from people who have guilty knowledge of their own
    > actions. There are lots of major tech companies that grew from zero to
    > gigantically successful in a very short period of time without investing
    > in their own inventions. They got there by using other people's
    > inventions."

    Every invention is built on top of others that preceded it. You are
    defending a racketeering outfit that has no products of its own, no
    intention to create any just buy them up and shakedown any entity that
    might want to create a legitimate business on their own merits. Like I
    said, racketeering scum.

  6. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > Hadron wrote:

    >>> Racketeering scum.

    >>> Indeed.

    >> "All of this fear is from people who have guilty knowledge of their own
    >> actions. There are lots of major tech companies that grew from zero to
    >> gigantically successful in a very short period of time without investing
    >> in their own inventions. They got there by using other people's
    >> inventions."
    >>

    > Every invention is built on top of others that preceded it. You are
    > defending a racketeering outfit that has no products of its own, no
    > intention to create any just buy them [patents] up and shakedown any entity that
    > might want to create a legitimate business on their own merits. Like I
    > said, racketeering scum.

    Oh, and by the way you post the quote of the head racketeer like its
    proof of something. Why is that?

  7. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (Could Leave Sooner)

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:

    >>> Racketeering scum.

    >>> Indeed.

    >> "All of this fear is from people who have guilty knowledge of their own
    >> actions. There are lots of major tech companies that grew from zero to
    >> gigantically successful in a very short period of time without investing
    >> in their own inventions. They got there by using other people's
    >> inventions."
    >>

    > Every invention is built on top of others that preceded it. You are
    > defending a racketeering outfit that has no products of its own, no
    > intention to create any just buy them up and shakedown any entity that
    > might want to create a legitimate business on their own merits. Like I
    > said, racketeering scum.

    Actually I am not defending them at all.

    But you're too mad to see that.

    What I am doing is showing how big companies make fortunes out of other
    peoples work and why protection is required.

    --
    "There is no such thing as Intellectual Property"
    Mark Kent

  8. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (Could Leave Sooner)

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >>
    >> Hadron quacked:
    >>>
    >>> "All of this fear is from people who have guilty knowledge of their own
    >>> actions. There are lots of major tech companies that grew from zero to
    >>> gigantically successful in a very short period of time without investing
    >>> in their own inventions. They got there by using other people's
    >>> inventions."

    >> Every invention is built on top of others that preceded it. You are
    >> defending a racketeering outfit that has no products of its own, no
    >> intention to create any just buy them [patents] up and shakedown any entity that
    >> might want to create a legitimate business on their own merits. Like I
    >> said, racketeering scum.

    >Oh, and by the way you post the quote of the head racketeer like its
    >proof of something. Why is that?

    Well, I'm sure it's because that M$ is better in that regard, compared
    to most companies. (rolling eyes)

  9. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    Hadron wrote:
    > Nothing is ever "eliminated". We can only strive to protect peoples IP
    > since it costs a lot to develop in most cases.

    This statement alone proves beyond a shadow of a doubt you are a total
    and utter lunatic. And yet you still pretend to be an adovcate of a
    system based on freedom. You are an ass.

  10. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    chrisv wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >>> Hadron quacked:
    >>> Every invention is built on top of others that preceded it. You are
    >>> defending a racketeering outfit that has no products of its own, no
    >>> intention to create any just buy them [patents] up and shakedown any entity that
    >>> might want to create a legitimate business on their own merits. Like I
    >>> said, racketeering scum.

    >> Oh, and by the way you post the quote of the head racketeer like its
    >> proof of something. Why is that?

    > Well, I'm sure it's because that M$ is better in that regard, compared
    > to most companies. (rolling eyes)

    They are. As long as you are one of their customers^Hbitches.

  11. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (Could Leave Sooner)

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Nothing is ever "eliminated". We can only strive to protect peoples IP
    >> since it costs a lot to develop in most cases.

    > This statement alone proves beyond a shadow of a doubt you are a total
    > and utter lunatic. And yet you still pretend to be an adovcate of a
    > system based on freedom. You are an ass.

    Wow. You're insane.

    --
    "Nice to know I live in your head, bitch."
    -- Tattoo Vampire in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  12. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> Nothing is ever "eliminated". We can only strive to protect peoples IP
    >>> since it costs a lot to develop in most cases.

    >> This statement alone proves beyond a shadow of a doubt you are a total
    >> and utter lunatic. And yet you still pretend to be an adovcate of a
    >> system based on freedom. You are an ass.

    > Wow. You're insane.

    At least I'm in the right asylum. You're confused. And lost.

  13. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (Could Leave Sooner)

    Hadron writes:

    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> Nothing is ever "eliminated". We can only strive to protect peoples IP
    >>> since it costs a lot to develop in most cases.

    >> This statement alone proves beyond a shadow of a doubt you are a total
    >> and utter lunatic. And yet you still pretend to be an adovcate of a
    >> system based on freedom. You are an ass.

    > Wow. You're insane.

    Just to add a note here :

    I believe peoples work and IP should be protected when they so wish. If
    others wish to contribute to OSS then good for them : I do just
    that. This does not mean, however, that I feel I have a god given right
    to steal someone elses work and invention to better my own income at
    their expense. The fact that you advocate just that shows what a morally
    ****ed up and greedy leech you are - you want everything for free. And I
    suspect, you give nothing back except hot air and a huge carbon
    footprint.

    --
    "The Linux community re-invents the wheel every month or so. The only
    problem is, their version is square"

  14. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    Hadron wrote:
    > Hadron writes:

    >>> This statement alone proves beyond a shadow of a doubt you are a total
    >>> and utter lunatic. And yet you still pretend to be an adovcate of a
    >>> system based on freedom. You are an ass.

    >> Wow. You're insane.

    > Just to add a note here :
    >
    > I believe peoples work and IP should be protected when they so wish. If
    > others wish to contribute to OSS then good for them : I do just
    > that. This does not mean, however, that I feel I have a god given right
    > to steal someone elses work and invention to better my own income at
    > their expense. The fact that you advocate just that shows what a morally
    > ****ed up and greedy leech you are - you want everything for free. And I
    > suspect, you give nothing back except hot air and a huge carbon
    > footprint.

    Again, ****nuts, implementations of software are more than adequately
    protected by copyright laws. So if I develop a package to do ABC
    whatever it is in fact my own work and no-one else's.

  15. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    DFS wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>> Also (much more recent):
    >>>
    >>> "Nathan Myhrvold: The genesis of this idea was when I was at
    >>> Microsoft. We had a problem with patent liability. All these people
    >>> were coming to sue us or demand payment. And Bill (Gates) asked me
    >>> to think about if there was a solution. This is what I came up with."
    >>>
    >>> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122142717791833671.html

    >> Racketeering scum.

    > Lazy copycat bum with no ideas of your own.

    prove that

  16. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (Could Leave Sooner)

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> Also (much more recent):
    >>
    >> "Nathan Myhrvold: The genesis of this idea was when I was at
    >> Microsoft. We had a problem with patent liability. All these people
    >> were coming to sue us or demand payment. And Bill (Gates) asked me
    >> to think about if there was a solution. This is what I came up with."
    >>
    >> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122142717791833671.html

    > Racketeering scum.

    Lazy copycat bum with no ideas of your own.

  17. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    DFS wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>> Also (much more recent):
    >>>
    >>> "Nathan Myhrvold: The genesis of this idea was when I was at
    >>> Microsoft. We had a problem with patent liability. All these people
    >>> were coming to sue us or demand payment. And Bill (Gates) asked me
    >>> to think about if there was a solution. This is what I came up with."
    >>>
    >>> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122142717791833671.html

    >> Racketeering scum.

    > Lazy copycat bum with no ideas of your own.

    And while you're at it, please provide a list of 5 original inventions
    your favourtie patent troll from redmond has come up with in its
    lifetime. Bet ya dont get to 4. Then list all the inventions it
    "copycatted" from elsewhere. Bet that list is a wee bit larger than 5.

  18. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (Could Leave Sooner)

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Hadron snotted:
    >>
    >> (lies and snot snipped)

    > Again, ****nuts, implementations of software are more than adequately
    > protected by copyright laws. So if I develop a package to do ABC
    > whatever it is in fact my own work and no-one else's.

    Poor Quack, such an immoral, stupid bastard, trying to pretend that we are
    the immoral ones, and failing so badly.

  19. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    chrisv wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron snotted:
    >>> (lies and snot snipped)

    >> Again, ****nuts, implementations of software are more than adequately
    >> protected by copyright laws. So if I develop a package to do ABC
    >> whatever it is in fact my own work and no-one else's.

    > Poor Quack, such an immoral, stupid bastard, trying to pretend that we are
    > the immoral ones, and failing so badly.

    Its tragic that the so called "free world" has come to this. I'm not
    against patent per se, in some fields involving phisycial invention and
    genuine new production technolgies they are applicable. But in the field
    of pure software, all they do is restrict geuine innovation. If Xerox
    Parc had patented the windowing system in 1978 then windows would not
    have been born until 1998 (assuming zero-day grant - you can prolly
    realistically add another 3-4 years) which means we'd currently be
    somewhere about windows 3.1 and macos 2 by now best case scenario.

  20. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (Could Leave Sooner)

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > chrisv wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hadron snotted:
    >>> Again, ****nuts, implementations of software are more than
    >>> adequately protected by copyright laws. So if I develop a package
    >>> to do ABC whatever it is in fact my own work and no-one else's.

    >> Poor Quack, such an immoral, stupid bastard, trying to pretend that we are
    >> the immoral ones, and failing so badly.
    >>

    > Its tragic that the so called "free world" has come to this. I'm not
    > against patent per se, in some fields involving phisycial invention
    > and genuine new production technolgies they are applicable. But in the
    > field of pure software, all they do is restrict geuine innovation. If

    And copying peoples work is enhancing innovation?

    You are the worst scum in the world. Freeloading arsehole. You expect
    other people to do your work for you. You will not invest once cent in
    development of your ideas.

    > Xerox Parc had patented the windowing system in 1978 then windows

    Another single "if" example.

    > would not have been born until 1998 (assuming zero-day grant - you can
    > prolly realistically add another 3-4 years) which means we'd currently
    > be somewhere about windows 3.1 and macos 2 by now best case scenario.

    --
    "Too bad they can't run your stupid ass out of here, flatfarb."