Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner) - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner) - Linux ; Hadron wrote: > "Phil Da Lick!" writes: > >> chrisv wrote: >>> Phil Da Lick! wrote: >>> >>>> Hadron snotted: >>>>> (lies and snot snipped) >>>> Again, ****nuts, implementations of software are more than >>>> adequately protected by copyright laws. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 34 of 34

  1. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> chrisv wrote:

    >>> Poor Quack, such an immoral, stupid bastard, trying to pretend that we are
    >>> the immoral ones, and failing so badly.
    >>>

    >> Its tragic that the so called "free world" has come to this. I'm not
    >> against patent per se, in some fields involving phisycial invention
    >> and genuine new production technolgies they are applicable. But in the
    >> field of pure software, all they do is restrict geuine innovation. If

    > And copying peoples work is enhancing innovation?
    >
    > You are the worst scum in the world. Freeloading arsehole. You expect
    > other people to do your work for you. You will not invest once cent in
    > development of your ideas.

    And you are a total waste of skin. Read the ****ing words again. If I
    sit down for 12 months and write software its *my* work, nobody else's.

  2. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    Hadron wrote:
    >> Xerox Parc had patented the windowing system in 1978 then windows

    > Another single "if" example.

    Pretty big "if". Here's another one for you

    Atari vcs patented -> No xbox, playstation etc
    Zelda 64's revolutionary 3d control system patented -> scores of
    videogames that use the same system would never have happened [none of
    which are "stealing" zelda 64].

  3. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (Could Leave Sooner)

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >>> Racketeering scum.

    >> Lazy copycat bum with no ideas of your own.
    >>

    > And while you're at it, please provide a list of 5 original inventions
    > your favourtie patent troll from redmond

    You don't even know what a patent troll is, but you'll blab it anyway. Like
    most cola idiot "advocates*" you can't open your mouth without telling a
    stupid lie about Microsoft.

    > has come up with in its lifetime. Bet ya dont get to 4. Then list all the
    > inventions it
    > "copycatted" from elsewhere. Bet that list is a wee bit larger than 5.

    No matter what I list you'll make some lame claim that an OSS idiot invented
    it twenty years before. Besides which, MS has too many inventions for me to
    name - they hold something like 5000 patents.

    Among their more well-known tech inventions are:
    operating systems: Windows 3x, 9x, NT/2000/2003, Vista
    database: ODBC
    office: first bundled/integrated office apps
    programming/development: Visual Basic/VBA, ActiveX/COM, C#, Visual Studio,
    PowerShell
    multimedia: Media Center, Media Player
    Gaming: DirectX
    Gaming consoles: XBox, XBox360
    web: contributions to XML and SOAP
    other: ClearType font technology

    Your problem - the OSS world's problem - is sour grapes, laziness and
    jealousy: without a commercial product to steal from, the OSS world has
    almost nothing to offer.

  4. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    DFS wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:

    >>> Lazy copycat bum with no ideas of your own.
    >>>

    >> And while you're at it, please provide a list of 5 original inventions
    >> your favourtie patent troll from redmond

    > You don't even know what a patent troll is, but you'll blab it anyway. Like
    > most cola idiot "advocates*" you can't open your mouth without telling a
    > stupid lie about Microsoft.
    >

    >> has come up with in its lifetime. Bet ya dont get to 4. Then list all the
    >> inventions it
    >> "copycatted" from elsewhere. Bet that list is a wee bit larger than 5.

    > No matter what I list you'll make some lame claim that an OSS idiot invented
    > it twenty years before. Besides which, MS has too many inventions for me to
    > name - they hold something like 5000 patents.
    >
    > Among their more well-known tech inventions are:
    > operating systems: Windows 3x, 9x, NT/2000/2003, Vista
    > database: ODBC
    > office: first bundled/integrated office apps
    > programming/development: Visual Basic/VBA, ActiveX/COM, C#, Visual Studio,
    > PowerShell
    > multimedia: Media Center, Media Player
    > Gaming: DirectX
    > Gaming consoles: XBox, XBox360
    > web: contributions to XML and SOAP
    > other: ClearType font technology
    >
    > Your problem - the OSS world's problem - is sour grapes, laziness and
    > jealousy: without a commercial product to steal from, the OSS world has
    > almost nothing to offer.

    Every single one of these is their take on an earlier version, in
    Hardon's words "stealing other people's work". I don't agree with him
    but that's not the idiotic point he's making in this thread.

  5. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >>> And while you're at it, please provide a list of 5 original inventions
    >>> your favourtie patent troll from redmond

    >> You don't even know what a patent troll is, but you'll blab it
    >> anyway. Like most cola idiot "advocates*" you can't open your mouth
    >> without telling a stupid lie about Microsoft.
    >>

    >>> has come up with in its lifetime. Bet ya dont get to 4. Then list
    >>> all the inventions it
    >>> "copycatted" from elsewhere. Bet that list is a wee bit larger than 5.

    >> No matter what I list you'll make some lame claim that an OSS idiot
    >> invented it twenty years before. Besides which, MS has too many
    >> inventions for me to name - they hold something like 5000 patents.
    >>
    >> Among their more well-known tech inventions are:
    >> operating systems: Windows 3x, 9x, NT/2000/2003, Vista
    >> database: ODBC
    >> office: first bundled/integrated office apps
    >> programming/development: Visual Basic/VBA, ActiveX/COM, C#, Visual
    >> Studio,
    >> PowerShell
    >> multimedia: Media Center, Media Player
    >> Gaming: DirectX
    >> Gaming consoles: XBox, XBox360
    >> web: contributions to XML and SOAP
    >> other: ClearType font technology
    >>
    >> Your problem - the OSS world's problem - is sour grapes, laziness and
    >> jealousy: without a commercial product to steal from, the OSS world
    >> has almost nothing to offer.

    > Every single one of these is their take on an earlier version, in
    > Hardon's words "stealing other people's work". I don't agree with him
    > but that's the idiotic point he's making in this thread.

    Grammar corrected. Man I just can't multitask

  6. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    Verily I say unto thee, that Phil Da Lick! spake thusly:
    > Hadron wrote:

    >> "All of this fear is from people who have guilty knowledge of their
    >> own actions..."

    Just the kind of FUD I'd expect from a Patent Troll.

    I suppose he has to try to justify his racketeering somehow.

    > Every invention is built on top of others that preceded it.

    Yes, this is the essence of why ideas cannot be real property.

    If I single-handedly build something tangible from my own materials,
    then there is no question that the physical fruit of my labour is
    uniquely my work, and I should have the right to claim ownership of that
    distinct object, and subsequently sell it. And the buyer should then be
    equally entitled to claim ownership, since that property has been
    completely transferred, and no two physical objects can exist in more
    than one place at one time (quantum mechanics theorem notwithstanding).

    Of course distinct objects can be owned by more than one person
    (partners), but "Intellectual Property" is not about distinct objects,
    much less "partnerships", it's about granting "permission" to utilise
    something ethereal that has been wrongfully claimed as "property".

    If I do a day's work, I am providing labour (a service) which I can
    naturally claim as my own, since it is me providing it (there is only
    one of me, and I am actually doing the work), and therefore I should be
    entitled to claim remuneration (*once*, not in perpetuity) for the
    actual work I do, at the time I do it, if so required.

    But when it comes to ideas, no one can say with absolute certainty that
    any idea is unique, nor where it originated, since it is quite possible
    that an idea may well have been considered elsewhere by someone else but
    never published. To claim "ownership" of an idea is therefore morally
    wrong, and frankly nonsense. And even if by some miracle it could be
    incontestably proved that an idea was truly original and unique (as
    opposed to simply being *publish* first) then claiming "ownership" is
    *still* morally wrong, for the same reason that it would be wrong to
    claim "ownership" of a newly discovered aquatic species, simply because
    one had observed it. Building things and providing labour is one thing,
    but claiming "ownership" of the fundamental building-blocks of existence
    is little more than theft, and utterly antithetical to academic
    principles. Justifying this theft in the name of supposed financial
    "need" to cover research costs, is just an excuse masking greed or
    incompetence. The "need" may be there, but the "right" certainly isn't.

    Selling an "idea" is little more than renting out a facsimile copy of
    what you cannot even guarantee is uniquely yours to sell. The fact that
    patent offices facilitate this immoral practise doesn't justify it, IMO.
    I don't care about the practical implications one iota. I'd rather that
    mankind still lived in caves and hunted wildebeest with spears, than
    behaved like gangsters running racketeering operations based on trading
    the human soul. Not that it'd ever come to that, of course, since trade
    thrived for millennia without such depraved practises, and could easily
    continue to do so.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    | That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    | And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    | Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    | Signifying nothing." ~ Shakespeare
    `----

    17:21:31 up 38 days, 14:34, 5 users, load average: 0.85, 1.14, 0.94

  7. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (Could Leave Sooner)

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >Hadron quacked:
    >>
    >> (Wintroll tantrum snipped)

    Poor Quack. Repeating your snotty lies does not help your case. You
    have lost. You are a loser. You are an asshole.

    Maybe if your tantrum included some rolling-around on the floor while
    holding your breath, it would help. 8)

    >And you are a total waste of skin. Read the ****ing words again. If I
    >sit down for 12 months and write software its *my* work, nobody else's.

  8. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    Verily I say unto thee, that Phil Da Lick! spake thusly:
    > Hadron wrote:

    >> Nothing is ever "eliminated". We can only strive to protect peoples
    >> IP since it costs a lot to develop in most cases.

    Knowledge should no more be "owned" than the air, therefore the cost to
    unethically claim "ownership" of it is irrelevant.

    When are you going to get it through your thick skull that simply
    investing in something does not actually give you a *right* to a return
    on that investment? It's a risk, like any other, and in the case of
    "Intellectual Property" the biggest risk is that you have no right to
    claim "ownership" of it in the first place.

    > This statement alone proves beyond a shadow of a doubt you are a
    > total and utter lunatic. And yet you still pretend to be an adovcate
    > of a system based on freedom. You are an ass.

    Hardon advocates anything that contradicts all that is right.

    He really is utter scum.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    | That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    | And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    | Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    | Signifying nothing." ~ Shakespeare
    `----

    17:36:29 up 38 days, 14:49, 5 users, load average: 0.60, 0.97, 1.05

  9. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    Verily I say unto thee, that Phil Da Lick! spake thusly:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >>> Racketeering scum.

    >> Lazy copycat bum with no ideas of your own.

    > prove that

    I'd rather he proved the converse, that Intellectual Monopolists' ideas
    are actually their own, and that therefore they have a "right" to claim
    ownership of them in the first place.

    I won't hold my breath.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    | That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    | And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    | Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    | Signifying nothing." ~ Shakespeare
    `----

    17:43:02 up 38 days, 14:56, 5 users, load average: 0.66, 0.74, 0.90

  10. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (Could Leave Sooner)

    Homer wrote:

    >I'd rather he proved the converse, that Intellectual Monopolists' ideas
    >are actually their own, and that therefore they have a "right" to claim
    >ownership of them in the first place.
    >
    >I won't hold my breath.

    The trolling fsckwits will just start ranting incoherently about
    "freeloaders", as if that proves the case.

    --
    '"Choice"?. You can keep it.' - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark

  11. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (Could Leave Sooner)

  12. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (Could Leave Sooner)

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >>> And while you're at it, please provide a list of 5 original
    >>> inventions your favourtie patent troll from redmond

    >> You don't even know what a patent troll is, but you'll blab it
    >> anyway. Like most cola idiot "advocates*" you can't open your mouth
    >> without telling a stupid lie about Microsoft.
    >>

    >>> has come up with in its lifetime. Bet ya dont get to 4. Then list
    >>> all the inventions it
    >>> "copycatted" from elsewhere. Bet that list is a wee bit larger than
    >>> 5.

    >> No matter what I list you'll make some lame claim that an OSS idiot
    >> invented it twenty years before. Besides which, MS has too many
    >> inventions for me to name - they hold something like 5000 patents.
    >>
    >> Among their more well-known tech inventions are:
    >> operating systems: Windows 3x, 9x, NT/2000/2003, Vista
    >> database: ODBC
    >> office: first bundled/integrated office apps
    >> programming/development: Visual Basic/VBA, ActiveX/COM, C#, Visual
    >> Studio, PowerShell
    >> multimedia: Media Center, Media Player
    >> Gaming: DirectX
    >> Gaming consoles: XBox, XBox360
    >> web: contributions to XML and SOAP
    >> other: ClearType font technology
    >>
    >> Your problem - the OSS world's problem - is sour grapes, laziness and
    >> jealousy: without a commercial product to steal from, the OSS world
    >> has almost nothing to offer.

    > Every single one of these is their take on an earlier version,

    I'll let you prove your ridiculous claim. You won't - you're a lazy
    OSS pretender - but it's still ridiculous.

  13. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    DFS wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:

    >>> You don't even know what a patent troll is, but you'll blab it
    >>> anyway. Like most cola idiot "advocates*" you can't open your mouth
    >>> without telling a stupid lie about Microsoft.

    >>> No matter what I list you'll make some lame claim that an OSS idiot
    >>> invented it twenty years before. Besides which, MS has too many
    >>> inventions for me to name - they hold something like 5000 patents.
    >>>
    >>> Among their more well-known tech inventions are:
    >>> operating systems: Windows 3x, 9x, NT/2000/2003, Vista
    >>> database: ODBC
    >>> office: first bundled/integrated office apps
    >>> programming/development: Visual Basic/VBA, ActiveX/COM, C#, Visual
    >>> Studio, PowerShell
    >>> multimedia: Media Center, Media Player
    >>> Gaming: DirectX
    >>> Gaming consoles: XBox, XBox360
    >>> web: contributions to XML and SOAP
    >>> other: ClearType font technology
    >>>
    >>> Your problem - the OSS world's problem - is sour grapes, laziness and
    >>> jealousy: without a commercial product to steal from, the OSS world
    >>> has almost nothing to offer.

    >> Every single one of these is their take on an earlier version,

    > I'll let you prove your ridiculous claim. You won't - you're a lazy
    > OSS pretender - but it's still ridiculous.

    Windows was not the first windowing system.
    As Homer notes, a lot of these were assimilated.
    In fact the only original thing there is ActiveX/COM and I'm sure
    there's a precendent for that.

    You guys need to make your minds up. Are you for a draconian patent
    system that if in place 20 years ago meant we'd now currently have none
    of these things, or are you for a free market which allowed MS to build
    up these products and sell them. Bill Gates was not joking when he made
    his comment about patents in 1991, he knows very well the effect it is
    having on the software market. But hey, as long as its not your beloved
    MS that gets strangled then who cares, right?

  14. Re: [News] Microsoft's CEO Breaks Promise About Retirement (CouldLeave Sooner)

    Homer wrote:
> [...]

    > is little more than theft, and utterly antithetical to academic
    > principles. Justifying this theft in the name of supposed financial
    > "need" to cover research costs, is just an excuse masking greed or
    > incompetence. The "need" may be there, but the "right" certainly isn't.
    >
    > Selling an "idea" is little more than renting out a facsimile copy of
    > what you cannot even guarantee is uniquely yours to sell. The fact that
    > patent offices facilitate this immoral practise doesn't justify it, IMO.
    > I don't care about the practical implications one iota. I'd rather that
    > mankind still lived in caves and hunted wildebeest with spears, than
    > behaved like gangsters running racketeering operations based on trading
    > the human soul. Not that it'd ever come to that, of course, since trade
    > thrived for millennia without such depraved practises, and could easily

    Trouble is there is always a section of society with the morals of a
    shark who don't care about the greater good. All they care about is
    themselves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2