[News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT! - Linux

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

  1. [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:45:00 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080922/microsoft_buyback.html

    "On Monday, Moody's Investors service assigned an "Aaa" senior unsecured
    debt rating to Microsoft, with a stable outlook. The ratings agency said
    this reflects the company's "position as the world's largest software
    company with a strong and defensible market position throughout its diverse
    core offerings."

    Microsoft also said it received a "AAA" corporate credit rating from
    Standard & Poor's Rating Services.

    Shares rose $1.22, or 4.9 percent, to $26.38 in premarket trading."

    Yea...
    Microsoft is in a lot of trouble......NOT!
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:45:00 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080922/microsoft_buyback.html

    > "On Monday, Moody's Investors service assigned an "Aaa" senior unsecured
    > debt rating to Microsoft, with a stable outlook. The ratings agency said
    > this reflects the company's "position as the world's largest software
    > company with a strong and defensible market position throughout its
    > diverse core offerings."
    >
    > Microsoft also said it received a "AAA" corporate credit rating from
    > Standard & Poor's Rating Services.
    >
    > Shares rose $1.22, or 4.9 percent, to $26.38 in premarket trading."
    >

    > Yea...
    > Microsoft is in a lot of trouble......NOT!

    That's most probably what MS want you and the market to think: hence the
    buyback.

    But investors and the market may very well conclude instead that, since MS
    have spent their cash on buying back shares rather than using it for
    profitable future investment, their prospects going forward are not too
    great.

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:06:53 GMT, Robin T Cox wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:45:00 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080922/microsoft_buyback.html

    >> "On Monday, Moody's Investors service assigned an "Aaa" senior unsecured
    >> debt rating to Microsoft, with a stable outlook. The ratings agency said
    >> this reflects the company's "position as the world's largest software
    >> company with a strong and defensible market position throughout its
    >> diverse core offerings."
    >>
    >> Microsoft also said it received a "AAA" corporate credit rating from
    >> Standard & Poor's Rating Services.
    >>
    >> Shares rose $1.22, or 4.9 percent, to $26.38 in premarket trading."
    >>

    >> Yea...
    >> Microsoft is in a lot of trouble......NOT!

    > That's most probably what MS want you and the market to think: hence the
    > buyback.
    >
    > But investors and the market may very well conclude instead that, since MS
    > have spent their cash on buying back shares rather than using it for
    > profitable future investment, their prospects going forward are not too
    > great.

    Anything is possible, however the article Schestowitz posted has absolutely
    nothing to do with his choice of subject line.
    As usual.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:06:53 GMT, Robin T Cox wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> "On Monday, Moody's Investors service assigned an "Aaa" senior unsecured
    >>> debt rating to Microsoft, with a stable outlook. The ratings agency said
    >>> this reflects the company's "position as the world's largest software
    >>> company with a strong and defensible market position throughout its
    >>> diverse core offerings."
    >>>
    >>> Microsoft also said it received a "AAA" corporate credit rating from
    >>> Standard & Poor's Rating Services.
    >>>
    >>> Shares rose $1.22, or 4.9 percent, to $26.38 in premarket trading."
    >>>

    >>> Yea...
    >>> Microsoft is in a lot of trouble......NOT!

    >> That's most probably what MS want you and the market to think: hence the
    >> buyback.
    >>
    >> But investors and the market may very well conclude instead that, since
    >> MS have spent their cash on buying back shares rather than using it for
    >> profitable future investment, their prospects going forward are not too
    >> great.

    > Anything is possible, however the article Schestowitz posted has
    > absolutely nothing to do with his choice of subject line.
    > As usual.

    Maybe so. However, I for one in these turbulent times will never again make
    myself dependent upon a proprietary OS. I'd like to be sure that, whatever
    the financial markets may do, my OS will be there tomorrow.

    Unfortunately MS users can never be sure of that.

  6. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

    Robin T Cox wrote:

    >But investors and the market may very well conclude instead that, since MS
    >have spent their cash on buying back shares rather than using it for
    >profitable future investment, their prospects going forward are not too
    >great.

    I really don't think you can conclude that. It's purely wishful
    thinking on your part. One couild just as easily conclude the
    opposite - that they wouldn't buy shares that they thought were going
    to decrease in value.

  7. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

  8. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

    ____/ Robin T Cox on Monday 22 September 2008 17:12 : \____

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> That's most probably what MS want you and the market to think: hence the
    >>> buyback.
    >>>
    >>> But investors and the market may very well conclude instead that, since
    >>> MS have spent their cash on buying back shares rather than using it for
    >>> profitable future investment, their prospects going forward are not too
    >>> great.

    >> Anything is possible, however the article Schestowitz posted has
    >> absolutely nothing to do with his choice of subject line.
    >> As usual.
    >>

    > Maybe so. However, I for one in these turbulent times will never again make
    > myself dependent upon a proprietary OS. I'd like to be sure that, whatever
    > the financial markets may do, my OS will be there tomorrow.
    >
    > Unfortunately MS users can never be sure of that.

    Case of point (very recent):

    Microsoft Burns Down Book Search

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Citing poor demand, Microsoft will back away from scanning and indexing books
    | and academic works for Live Search
    `----

    http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/20...wn-book-search

    EFF: Microsoft betrayed MSN Music customers

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Electronic Frontier Foundation says that Microsoft has "betrayed" MSN
    | Music customers and wants the company to make things right by issuing an
    | apology, refunds, and eliminate digital rights management technology from the
    | Zune music player.
    `----

    MSN Music Debacle Highlights EULA Dangers

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | MSN Music’s EULA is a case in point. When active, MSN Music's webpage touted
    | that customers could “choose their device and know its going to work”.
    |
    | But when customers went to purchase songs, they were shown legalese that
    | stated the download service and the content provided were sold without
    | warrantee. In other words, Microsoft doesn't promise you that the service or
    | the music will work, or that you will always have access to music you bought.
    | The flashy advertising promised your music, your way, but the fine print
    | said, our way or the highway.
    `----

    http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2008/05...s-eula-dangers

    When DRM detonates your music collection

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It is all down to the digital rights management (DRM) software that Microsoft
    | has embedded in all its music downloads to combat illegal file-sharing. For
    | DRM to work it needs a central computer to keep a live record of who has
    | registered which songs to which computers. The problem is that the main
    | server is now being turned off as the company wants to sell downloads with a
    | new type of DRM. How odd that the old system was marketed as PlaysForSure.
    `----

    http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/...cle3898784.ece

    Microsoft shuts down Ensemble Studios

    http://www.techspot.com/news/31575-m...e-studios.html

    There are many more examples.

    - --
    "There is such an overvaluation of technology stocks that it is absurd. I would
    include our stock in that category. It is bad for the long-term worth of the
    economy."
    --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft's CEO

  9. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

    Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Moshe Goldfarb
    wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    > On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:45:00 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080922/microsoft_buyback.html

    > Yea...
    > Microsoft is in a lot of trouble......NOT!

    Micoshaft fraudsters out in force today lying out of their ass as usual.

    "The company's board has also authorized debt financings
    of up to $6 billion."

    BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAAAA!!!!

    Micoshaft is going into debt with full knowledge of the board!!

    Why should any government or anyone in a stable job recommend
    micoshaft products now? They could be gone in few weeks, months?

    Linux on the other hand will be here for years to come.
    And its in the interest of corporate buyers and planners
    to plan a future with Linux and without micoshaft.

  10. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >____/ chrisv on Monday 22 September 2008 17:35 : \____
    >
    >> Robin T Cox wrote:
    >>
    >>>But investors and the market may very well conclude instead that, since MS
    >>>have spent their cash on buying back shares rather than using it for
    >>>profitable future investment, their prospects going forward are not too
    >>>great.

    >> I really don't think you can conclude that. It's purely wishful
    >> thinking on your part. One couild just as easily conclude the
    >> opposite - that they wouldn't buy shares that they thought were going
    >> to decrease in value.

    >Their value is declining, say pretty much all the studies out there.

    If you're so sure of that, short-sell their stock and become wealthy.

  11. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

  12. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

    chrisv wrote:
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ chrisv on Monday 22 September 2008 17:35 : \____

    >>> I really don't think you can conclude that. It's purely wishful
    >>> thinking on your part. One couild just as easily conclude the
    >>> opposite - that they wouldn't buy shares that they thought were going
    >>> to decrease in value.

    >> Their value is declining, say pretty much all the studies out there.

    > If you're so sure of that, short-sell their stock and become wealthy.

    I understand that that isn't permitted in Britain lately---the short
    selling, I mean. Not sure about the becoming-wealthy part.

  13. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >The value of the stock doesn't say much about performance, especially when
    >there's so much room for maneuver.

    Whatever. Stock buy-backs are not evidence that "their prospects
    going forward are not too great". If you want to find evidence of
    that, look elsewhere.

  14. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

  15. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

  16. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

    Joe Potter wrote:

    >Why don't you be a man and

    *plonk*

  17. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

  18. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

    After takin' a swig o' grog, chrisv belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Joe Potter wrote:
    >
    >>Why don't you be a man and

    > *plonk*

    Another Mozarella Moron for the garbage can.

    --
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things
    difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

  19. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 07:55:56 +0100, Homer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, chrisv belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> *plonk*

    >> Another Mozarella Moron for the garbage can.

    > I've k/f'd the whole goddam server ages ago.

    Too ignorant to write an appropriate filter.
    Maybe you should ask Willy Filters for advice?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  20. Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

    The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    > On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 07:55:56 +0100, Homer wrote:
    >
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
    >>> After takin' a swig o' grog, chrisv belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> Another Mozarella Moron for the garbage can.

    >> I've k/f'd the whole goddam server ages ago.

    > Too ignorant to write an appropriate filter.

    It is appropriate.

    > Maybe you should ask Willy Filters for advice?

    No need. He obviously gets what he wants. No motzarella cretins
    --
    Microsoft: which revised Eula do you want to accept today?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast