    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  2. Re: Just Tried Spore.....

    On 2008-09-22, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > Don't waste your $$$$$$$
    >
    > Totally disjointed.....
    > Like playing 4 different games...
    > Really bad...
    > My kids hate it....

    Funny.... My kids love it. I like it as well. Oh, well - we all have our
    own oppinions The game play, is simple - but, the creative part is what I
    find facinating.

    --
    Tom Shelton

  3. Re: Just Tried Spore.....

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > Don't waste your $$$$$$$
    >
    > Totally disjointed.....
    > Like playing 4 different games...
    > Really bad...
    > My kids hate it....

    Another overhyped/overrated game then.

    I'd also recommend a try-before-you-buy on The Force Unleashed. I bought
    it thinking it would be as cool as the Jedi Outcast series. I was a tad
    disappointed by the first level and haven't as yet gone back, with the
    Ryder Cup being on this w/e. I'm in no rush though.

  4. Re: Just Tried Spore.....

    "Tom Shelton" wrote in message
    news:y8SdnQe5H56BgUrVnZ2dnUVZ_rzinZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    > On 2008-09-22, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> Don't waste your $$$$$$$
    >>
    >> Totally disjointed.....
    >> Like playing 4 different games...
    >> Really bad...
    >> My kids hate it....
    >>

    > Funny.... My kids love it. I like it as well. Oh, well - we all have
    > our
    > own oppinions The game play, is simple - but, the creative part is
    > what I
    > find facinating.

    I like the game quite a bit also. Some people like the game and some
    people don't, but a lot of people hate the game because the protection EA
    used on the game.
    I guess it comes down to how much thinking someone wants to do for a game,
    if you like mindless games you won't like Spore.

  5. Re: Just Tried Spore.....

    "QuantumLeaper" writes:

    > "Tom Shelton" wrote in message
    > news:y8SdnQe5H56BgUrVnZ2dnUVZ_rzinZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    >> On 2008-09-22, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>> Don't waste your $$$$$$$
    >>>
    >>> Totally disjointed.....
    >>> Like playing 4 different games...
    >>> Really bad...
    >>> My kids hate it....
    >>>

    >> Funny.... My kids love it. I like it as well. Oh, well - we all have
    >> our
    >> own oppinions The game play, is simple - but, the creative part is
    >> what I
    >> find facinating.
    >>

    > I like the game quite a bit also. Some people like the game and some
    > people don't, but a lot of people hate the game because the protection EA
    > used on the game.

    No. They hate the developers/publishers because of
    this. Unfortunately piracy is so rife they feel they have no choice in
    the matter. As usual the loudest complainers are those who would indeed
    have stolen the game. There are a LOT of casual pirates out there who
    lack the know how to find real cracks and apply them and simply buy a
    game/share a game amongst a large group to cut the cost.

    > I guess it comes down to how much thinking someone wants to do for a game,
    > if you like mindless games you won't like Spore.

    The demos were impressive. As a CS project that is.

    --
    - "Actually XP *is* getting press, but most of it is along the lines of
    "we're going to wait and see", in other words not very good."