The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice. - Linux

This is a discussion on The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice. - Linux ; After takin' a swig o' grog, owl belched out this bit o' wisdom: > Hadron wrote: >> owl writes: >> >>> Hadron wrote: >>>> owl writes: >>>> >>>>> Hadron wrote: >>>>>> owl writes: >>>>>> >>>>>>> Hadron wrote: >>>>>>>> owl writes: ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 73 of 73

  1. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    After takin' a swig o' grog, owl belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> owl writes:

    >>> "...when on business trips."

    >> What are you talking about?

    > Damn, you are dense.
    > Context quoted above and repeated here:

    Hey, a bar is a business need! How else to spend your evenings when you
    don't know a single soul in town?

    Be advised that Hadron is very picky about how you snip, by the way.
    He's very particular.

    --
    What, still alive at twenty-two,
    A clean upstanding chap like you?

  2. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    After takin' a swig o' grog, owl belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Are you schizophrenic or something? Go and see a doctor.

    > I've noticed that practically every response you give to a post,
    > regardless of poster or thread, makes reference to insanity and
    > medication. That's curious.
    >
    > Do you think your parents loved you?

    Maybe. Even when Hadron made them cry.

    --
    Q: What's the contour integral around Western Europe?
    A: Zero, because all the Poles are in Eastern Europe!

  3. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    Hadron wrote:
    > owl writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> Once, more. What are you talking about?
    >>>
    >>> It was YOU who said "only sales droids". Not me.
    >>>

    >> And it was you who said business-related computers don't count, so why
    >> do you even bring them into this?

    > You are a liar. That is NOT what I said. What I said was above. Here:
    >
    > ,----

    > `----
    >
    > Now, you were saying? I think you had better get back to potty training
    > since you're not much good at this. Leave it to the grown ups.
    >
    > Consider yourself schooled. Again.

    OMG, you are so DENSE!

    Perhaps you remember this exchange:

    Hadron wrote:
    > owl writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >> [...]
    >>>>

    >>> Foolishly I didnt think we needed to reiterate yet again we were talking
    >>> about peoples laptops and desktops. Not profit making private
    >>> enterprises who give nothing back.
    >>>

    >> More than likely, when you see a *desktop* in an airport or coffee shop,
    >> it will be associated with a "profit-making private enterprise,"
    >> irrespective of its OS. I would also venture to guess that any
    >> "road warrior" who has not yet foresaken his laptop in favor of
    >> a smart phone is likewise using it for business.
    >>

    > maybe I'm tired but I didn't understand a word of that.

    >>> Are you schizophrenic or something? Go and see a doctor.
    >>>

    >> I've noticed that practically every response you give to a post,
    >> regardless of poster or thread, makes reference to insanity and
    >> medication. That's curious.

    > One can't help it in here talking to the likes of you. Now, try to stay
    > on ONE subject at a time and maybe, just maybe you can make some kind of
    > sense.

    OMG it is YOU who keeps moving the goalposts.
    Try to stick to the subject (linux spotted in the wild), without going off
    on tangential arguments related to a humorous aside (sales tards in bars).

    >> Do you think your parents loved you?

    > There you go again. You have the attention span and memory of a gold
    > fish.

    Curious. I can't help but notice that you used the words "attention"
    and "memory" when asked whether your parents loved you. Does that
    question bring back painful MEMORIES of your struggle for the ATTENTION
    of you unloving parents?

  4. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:45:32 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, owl belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> What are you talking about?

    >> Damn, you are dense.
    >> Context quoted above and repeated here:

    > Hey, a bar is a business need! How else to spend your evenings when you
    > don't know a single soul in town?
    >
    > Be advised that Hadron is very picky about how you snip, by the way.
    > He's very particular.

    'cept when it comes to *him* snipping & pasting.

    --
    "If it weren't for Windows, you wouldn't
    be posting anything right now."
    Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004

  5. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    William Poaster writes:

    > On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:45:32 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, owl belched out
    >> this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> Damn, you are dense.
    >>> Context quoted above and repeated here:

    >> Hey, a bar is a business need! How else to spend your evenings when you
    >> don't know a single soul in town?
    >>
    >> Be advised that Hadron is very picky about how you snip, by the way.
    >> He's very particular.

    > 'cept when it comes to *him* snipping & pasting.

    Except I don't snip the pertinent bits.

    What is this with you two? A "me too" orgy?

    --
    "Who are you, ****knob?"
    -- Tattoo Vampire in alt.realestate, alt.real-estate, alt.real-estate-agents,

  6. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, owl belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Are you schizophrenic or something? Go and see a doctor.

    >> I've noticed that practically every response you give to a post,
    >> regardless of poster or thread, makes reference to insanity and
    >> medication. That's curious.
    >>
    >> Do you think your parents loved you?

    > Maybe. Even when Hadron made them cry.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WdsK...ature=related#

  7. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    Hadron wrote:

    > FFS. You were referring to KIOSK machines. Owned and operated by private
    > business.

    And which are no more than commodity PCs running linux with a touch-screen
    interface.

    > We were discussing PEOPLE travelling with laptops. Of course they may be
    > on business. But they are DESKTOP/LAPTOP used by individuals on the
    > move.

    Who the **** carries a DESKTOP around with them?
    Any desktops seen in the wild would almost certainly be business-use
    machines. The lottery terminals must be counted if any other
    business machines are counted (such as the windoze laptops used by
    sales tards in bars)

    > I can not believe I have to quote this AGAIN two posts in a row:
    >
    > ,----

    > `----
    >
    > Seriously, get a clue.

    How many times are going to self-nuke? Seriously, they weren't duds.
    You can stop now.

  8. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    Hadron wrote:
    > William Poaster writes:
    >
    >> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:45:32 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>

    >>> Hey, a bar is a business need! How else to spend your evenings when you
    >>> don't know a single soul in town?
    >>>
    >>> Be advised that Hadron is very picky about how you snip, by the way.
    >>> He's very particular.

    >> 'cept when it comes to *him* snipping & pasting.

    > Except I don't snip the pertinent bits.

    You don't seem to recognize what is pertinent, so how would you know?

    > What is this with you two? A "me too" orgy?

    Like you and Moshe?

  9. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    After takin' a swig o' grog, owl belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, owl belched out
    >> this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> I've noticed that practically every response you give to a post,
    >>> regardless of poster or thread, makes reference to insanity and
    >>> medication. That's curious.
    >>>
    >>> Do you think your parents loved you?

    >> Maybe. Even when Hadron made them cry.

    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WdsK...ature=related#

    Unwatchable.

    http://www.cartoonbank.com/product_d...sortBy=popular

    Aside: Cartoons /not/ published:

    http://www.cartoonbank.com/rejection...XF8&sitetype=1

    --
    If while you are in school, there is a shortage of qualified personnel
    in a particular field, then by the time you graduate with the necessary

  10. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    After takin' a swig o' grog, owl belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> William Poaster writes:

    >>> 'cept when it comes to *him* snipping & pasting.

    >> Except I don't snip the pertinent bits.

    > You don't seem to recognize what is pertinent, so how would you know?

    I wish he'd snip his own /impertinent/ bits.

    >> What is this with you two? A "me too" orgy?

    > Like you and Moshe?

    And DFS. Make that a "me three" orgy for Hadron.

    --
    Q: Why is Poland just like the United States?
    A: In the United States you can't buy anything for zlotys and in

  11. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 20:13:06 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > owl writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> You are a liar. That is NOT what I said. What I said was above. Here:
    >>>
    >>> ,----

    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> Now, you were saying? I think you had better get back to potty training
    >>> since you're not much good at this. Leave it to the grown ups.
    >>>
    >>> Consider yourself schooled. Again.
    >>>

    >> OMG, you are so DENSE!
    >>
    >> Perhaps you remember this exchange:
    >>
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> maybe I'm tired but I didn't understand a word of that.

    > FFS. You were referring to KIOSK machines. Owned and operated by private
    > business.
    >
    > We were discussing PEOPLE travelling with laptops. Of course they may be
    > on business. But they are DESKTOP/LAPTOP used by individuals on the
    > move.
    >
    > I can not believe I have to quote this AGAIN two posts in a row:
    >
    > ,----

    > `----
    >
    > Seriously, get a clue.

    I think we have found a stand in for Willy Poaster when he is away for
    treatment.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  12. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    [snips]

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 23:42:11 +0000, owl wrote:

    > And these are not associated with "profit making private enterprises?"
    > Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a bar?

    I would, for writing anything from casual fiction to emails to friends
    and family, to managing finances, to cranking code.

  13. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    Kelsey Bjarnason writes:

    > [snips]
    >
    > On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 23:42:11 +0000, owl wrote:
    >
    >> And these are not associated with "profit making private enterprises?"
    >> Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a bar?

    > I would, for writing anything from casual fiction to emails to friends
    > and family, to managing finances, to cranking code.

    We did this. Its not even worth discussing with Owl.He is as clueless as High
    Plains Hypocrite.

    Very few people, however, would be able to "crank code" in a public
    arena.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4