The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice. - Linux

This is a discussion on The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice. - Linux ; Hadron wrote: > owl writes: > >> Hadron wrote: >>> owl writes: >>> >>>>> >>>> >>>> Who the hell lugs a laptop around with them in public if it's not a >>>> fulfilling a business need? >>> >>> You sound ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 73

Thread: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

  1. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    Hadron wrote:
    > owl writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> owl writes:
    >>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Who the hell lugs a laptop around with them in public if it's not a
    >>>> fulfilling a business need?
    >>>
    >>> You sound like Phil Da Tard now.
    >>>
    >>> Every business man give or take carries a laptop. For presentations, for
    >>> email, for last minute scheduling etc etc.
    >>>

    >>
    >> Try reading for comprehension next time.

    >
    > try keeping in mind that your snipping does not hide your previous
    > comments. One of which was
    >
    > ,----
    > | >>> And these are not associated with "profit making private enterprises?"
    > | >>> Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a bar?
    > `----
    >
    > Clearly discussing anything with you is a waste of time.


    I stand by that statement, even though you have taken it out of context.
    Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a *bar*? Most normal
    people, even normal business-people types, go to bars to relax and
    socialize. The day is over. No more shop talk. Not for sales tards,
    though. They are so determined to have you "let them earn your
    business" that they will even brave the danger of having some
    OS peeping tom FREAK stalk around behind them trying to see if they
    are running Linux, supposedly because the FREAK is just lonely and
    wants to strike up a conversation, but who knows?



  2. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    After takin' a swig o' grog, owl belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> I travel all over the USA and all I see is Windows and iPhones.....
    >>>> I think I saw Linux on a laptop once....
    >>>> Don't believe it?
    >>>>
    >>>> Take a trip over to your local Hilton Hotel and sit at the bar for a bit.
    >>>> Take a look at all the laptops around and get back to us.

    >
    > How do you know what people are running on their computers? Are you
    > really such a tard that you walk up behind them and look over their
    > shoulder? You do this to every person you see using a computer in
    > public?
    >
    > "Wait! Don't kick my ass! I was just checking to see if you were
    > running Linux!"


    Kind of creepy, if you ask me. Not to mention suspicious. Maybe Moshe
    and Hadron are actually fishing for the purposes of identity theft. At
    least, that's what I would think at first.

    "Bobby! Don't talk to that creepy little man!"

    --
    ....there can be no public or private virtue unless the foundation of action is
    the practice of truth.
    -- George Jacob Holyoake

  3. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 22:13:52 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, owl belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I travel all over the USA and all I see is Windows and iPhones.....
    >>>>> I think I saw Linux on a laptop once....
    >>>>> Don't believe it?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Take a trip over to your local Hilton Hotel and sit at the bar for a bit.
    >>>>> Take a look at all the laptops around and get back to us.

    >>
    >> How do you know what people are running on their computers? Are you
    >> really such a tard that you walk up behind them and look over their
    >> shoulder? You do this to every person you see using a computer in
    >> public?
    >>
    >> "Wait! Don't kick my ass! I was just checking to see if you were
    >> running Linux!"

    >
    > Kind of creepy, if you ask me. Not to mention suspicious. Maybe Moshe
    > and Hadron are actually fishing for the purposes of identity theft. At
    > least, that's what I would think at first.


    You really need psychological help Liarmutt.....


    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  4. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    After takin' a swig o' grog, owl belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> Loads of people do. All sorts. So now we dont see Linux because only
    >> Sales droids use their laptops in public eh?

    >
    > Who the hell lugs a laptop around with them in public if it's not a
    > fulfilling a business need?
    >
    >> Sad. And poor.

    >
    > It was *you* who complained that my example of a Linux computer that you
    > could readily see in the wild during your many travels in Europe was not
    > valid because it was being used in a "profit-oriented private enterprise."
    > In other words, *you* moved the goalposts in that direction. I assert
    > that 90 percent or more of the laptops, and especially *desktops*, that
    > you might see in an airport or coffee shop *are* being used for business
    > purposes, regardless of the OS, and so therefore, if they are to be counted
    > as examples of "OS usage spotted in the wild," then the Linux lottery terminals
    > in Ireland should count.


    I lug my laptop around quite a bit, and it runs only Linux when I'm "out
    in the wild".

    But I've never had a skulking pervert such as Moshe or Hadron come up to
    me and ask to see my screen.

    Nor have I gone out of my way to scope out somebody else's computer.

    Since Linux usage is definitely under 10% (integrated over years of PC
    sales), you expect to see less than one out of 10 anyway. And like owl
    says, most people lugging laptops around in airports have them for
    business, not to fulfill their preference.

    --
    Writing free verse is like playing tennis with the net down.

  5. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    On Sep 22, 5:45*pm, owl wrote:
    > Hadron wrote:
    > > owl writes:

    >
    > >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > >>> On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 23:33:00 +0000 (UTC), owl wrote:

    >
    > >>>> Hadron wrote:
    > >>>>> owl writes:

    >
    > >>>>>> Hadron wrote:
    > >>>> [...]

    >
    > >>>>>>> Seeing "Linux in the wild" is when you see someone at an airport or in a
    > >>>>>>> coffee shop using it. Except for me I have never seen this. And Ido a
    > >>>>>>> lot of travelling. Having said that Macs are seen more in coffee
    > >>>>>>> shops. The ponytailed arses that use Macs tend to hang out in coffee
    > >>>>>>> shops more than most for some reason :-;

    >
    > >>>>>> Next time you're in Ireland, go buy a Euromillions lottery ticket.
    > >>>>>> You will then have seen Linux in the wild.

    >
    > >>>>> Foolishly I didnt think we needed to reiterate yet again we were talking
    > >>>>> about peoples laptops and desktops. Not profit making private
    > >>>>> enterprises who give nothing back.

    >
    > >>>> More than likely, when you see a *desktop* in an airport or coffee shop,
    > >>>> it will be associated with a "profit-making private enterprise,"
    > >>>> irrespective of its OS. *I would also venture to guess that any
    > >>>> "road warrior" who has not yet foresaken his laptop in favor of
    > >>>> a smart phone is likewise using it for business.

    >
    > >>> I travel all over the USA and all I see is Windows and iPhones.....
    > >>> I think I saw Linux on a laptop once....
    > >>> Don't believe it?

    >
    > >>> Take a trip over to your local Hilton Hotel and sit at the bar for a bit.
    > >>> Take a look at all the laptops around and get back to us.

    >
    > >> And these are not associated with "profit making private enterprises?"
    > >> Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a bar?

    >
    > > Loads of people do. All sorts. So now we dont see Linux because only
    > > Sales droids use their laptops in public eh?

    >
    > Who the hell lugs a laptop around with them in public if it's not a
    > fulfilling a business need?


    Lots of people unfortunately. Depends on where you live, I guess, but
    I see many people who are unable to unplug, and who are doing anything
    but business.

  6. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    owl writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> owl writes:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>> owl writes:
    >>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Who the hell lugs a laptop around with them in public if it's not a
    >>>>> fulfilling a business need?
    >>>>
    >>>> You sound like Phil Da Tard now.
    >>>>
    >>>> Every business man give or take carries a laptop. For presentations, for
    >>>> email, for last minute scheduling etc etc.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> Try reading for comprehension next time.

    >>
    >> try keeping in mind that your snipping does not hide your previous
    >> comments. One of which was
    >>
    >> ,----
    >> | >>> And these are not associated with "profit making private enterprises?"
    >> | >>> Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a bar?
    >> `----
    >>
    >> Clearly discussing anything with you is a waste of time.

    >
    > I stand by that statement, even though you have taken it out of context.
    > Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a *bar*?


    We were talking about place in general. And you know that.

    And FYI, all sorts of people take laptops into a bar when on business
    trips.

  7. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    Chris Ahlstrom writes:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, owl belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I travel all over the USA and all I see is Windows and iPhones.....
    >>>>> I think I saw Linux on a laptop once....
    >>>>> Don't believe it?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Take a trip over to your local Hilton Hotel and sit at the bar for a bit.
    >>>>> Take a look at all the laptops around and get back to us.

    >>
    >> How do you know what people are running on their computers? Are you
    >> really such a tard that you walk up behind them and look over their
    >> shoulder? You do this to every person you see using a computer in
    >> public?
    >>
    >> "Wait! Don't kick my ass! I was just checking to see if you were
    >> running Linux!"

    >
    > Kind of creepy, if you ask me. Not to mention suspicious. Maybe Moshe
    > and Hadron are actually fishing for the purposes of identity theft. At
    > least, that's what I would think at first.


    I dont doubt you would think that. But then you've been reprogrammed by
    your master Roy to think all sorts of things.

    So suddenly noticing what OSen people use out and about is "creepy"?

    >
    > "Bobby! Don't talk to that creepy little man!"


    You need to see a doctor.

    --
    "Of course, by the time Gnash gets its act together, we'll
    probably all have to start all over again with Silverlight
    (or Moonlight)."
    -- The Ghost In The Machine in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  8. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    owl wrote:

    >Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:


    A troll-feeding frenzy, eh?

    *plonk*


  9. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 05:12:18 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Chris Ahlstrom writes:
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, owl belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >>
    >>> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>>>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> I travel all over the USA and all I see is Windows and iPhones.....
    >>>>>> I think I saw Linux on a laptop once....
    >>>>>> Don't believe it?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Take a trip over to your local Hilton Hotel and sit at the bar for a bit.
    >>>>>> Take a look at all the laptops around and get back to us.
    >>>
    >>> How do you know what people are running on their computers? Are you
    >>> really such a tard that you walk up behind them and look over their
    >>> shoulder? You do this to every person you see using a computer in
    >>> public?
    >>>
    >>> "Wait! Don't kick my ass! I was just checking to see if you were
    >>> running Linux!"

    >>
    >> Kind of creepy, if you ask me. Not to mention suspicious. Maybe Moshe
    >> and Hadron are actually fishing for the purposes of identity theft. At
    >> least, that's what I would think at first.

    >
    > I dont doubt you would think that. But then you've been reprogrammed by
    > your master Roy to think all sorts of things.


    It's sad to see the Koolaid take effect so drastically.
    It must have been a double dose for LiarMutt.

    > So suddenly noticing what OSen people use out and about is "creepy"?


    Only if it's not Linux.
    At least in the eyes of the crazed Linux zealots.

    >>
    >> "Bobby! Don't talk to that creepy little man!"

    >
    > You need to see a doctor.


    Apparently so because his statements are getting stranger and stranger.


    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  10. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    Homer wrote:
    > Yes folks, Britain's biggest retailer is now selling Linux in a really
    > big and mainstream way.
    >
    > Page 567 PCs & Phones.
    >
    > Oh, but what's that on the opposite page, headlining this whole
    > section?
    >
    > The Acer Aspire One A110
    > Sleek and contemporary design in an ultra portable chassis.
    > Linpus Linux Lite version operating system.
    > Wireless enabled.
    > Only 199.00
    >
    > And a few pages over, we have a full two page spread of Linux
    > machines, from both Acer *and* Dell, featuring the aforementioned
    > "The Aspire One. 100% Freedom" and two Dell Inspirons (8.9in and
    > 12in) running the "Linux Ubuntu operating system."
    >
    > To put this into context, these catalogues are not in the same league
    > as Internet or high-street shopping - where "Lunex" systems are
    > hidden from all but the most arduous shoppers. To make it into these
    > bored-housewife "clubby books" a product needs to be so mainstream
    > that it's practically daytime chat-show material. To even feature in
    > these catalogues at *all* is pretty big news, but to actually be the
    > headliner for a section, well that just ... damn!
    >
    > No wonder Sweaty's screaming like a little girl.


    What will be your excuse when sales of these Linux systems come up as short
    as they always have?




  11. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    "DFS" writes:

    > Homer wrote:
    >> Yes folks, Britain's biggest retailer is now selling Linux in a really
    >> big and mainstream way.
    >>
    >> Page 567 PCs & Phones.
    >>
    >> Oh, but what's that on the opposite page, headlining this whole
    >> section?
    >>
    >> The Acer Aspire One A110
    >> Sleek and contemporary design in an ultra portable chassis.
    >> Linpus Linux Lite version operating system.
    >> Wireless enabled.
    >> Only £199.00
    >>
    >> And a few pages over, we have a full two page spread of Linux
    >> machines, from both Acer *and* Dell, featuring the aforementioned
    >> "The Aspire One. 100% Freedom" and two Dell Inspirons (8.9in and
    >> 12in) running the "Linux Ubuntu operating system."
    >>
    >> To put this into context, these catalogues are not in the same league
    >> as Internet or high-street shopping - where "Lunex" systems are
    >> hidden from all but the most arduous shoppers. To make it into these
    >> bored-housewife "clubby books" a product needs to be so mainstream
    >> that it's practically daytime chat-show material. To even feature in
    >> these catalogues at *all* is pretty big news, but to actually be the
    >> headliner for a section, well that just ... damn!
    >>
    >> No wonder Sweaty's screaming like a little girl.

    >
    > What will be your excuse when sales of these Linux systems come up as short
    > as they always have?


    People like "Homer" define why the likes of me are here.

    It's not to do with the qualities or lack of of OSS. Its to do with
    correcting the reader about the raving rubbish that Homo and his alter
    Ego "Phil" spew about MS and people wanting to protect their own work.

    Frankly this group is going to the toilet far more often than when I
    accidentally came across it a while back.

    --
    "At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
    customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our
    services, allowing us to evolve the services as and when required."
    Mark Kent,Head of Technology Strategy,COLA Hypocrite

  12. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 00:22:17 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Homer wrote:
    >> Yes folks, Britain's biggest retailer is now selling Linux in a really
    >> big and mainstream way.


    snip--

    >> No wonder Sweaty's screaming like a little girl.

    >
    > What will be your excuse when sales of these Linux systems come up as short
    > as they always have?


    The same excuse they always give.
    Microsoft somehow sabotaged the entire affair.
    IOW they will find a way to blame it on Microsoft.



    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  13. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 06:39:29 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "DFS" writes:
    >
    >> Homer wrote:
    >>> Yes folks, Britain's biggest retailer is now selling Linux in a really
    >>> big and mainstream way.
    >>>
    >>> Page 567 PCs & Phones.
    >>>
    >>> Oh, but what's that on the opposite page, headlining this whole
    >>> section?
    >>>
    >>> The Acer Aspire One A110
    >>> Sleek and contemporary design in an ultra portable chassis.
    >>> Linpus Linux Lite version operating system.
    >>> Wireless enabled.
    >>> Only 199.00
    >>>
    >>> And a few pages over, we have a full two page spread of Linux
    >>> machines, from both Acer *and* Dell, featuring the aforementioned
    >>> "The Aspire One. 100% Freedom" and two Dell Inspirons (8.9in and
    >>> 12in) running the "Linux Ubuntu operating system."
    >>>
    >>> To put this into context, these catalogues are not in the same league
    >>> as Internet or high-street shopping - where "Lunex" systems are
    >>> hidden from all but the most arduous shoppers. To make it into these
    >>> bored-housewife "clubby books" a product needs to be so mainstream
    >>> that it's practically daytime chat-show material. To even feature in
    >>> these catalogues at *all* is pretty big news, but to actually be the
    >>> headliner for a section, well that just ... damn!
    >>>
    >>> No wonder Sweaty's screaming like a little girl.

    >>
    >> What will be your excuse when sales of these Linux systems come up as short
    >> as they always have?

    >
    > People like "Homer" define why the likes of me are here.
    >
    > It's not to do with the qualities or lack of of OSS. Its to do with
    > correcting the reader about the raving rubbish that Homo and his alter
    > Ego "Phil" spew about MS and people wanting to protect their own work.
    >
    > Frankly this group is going to the toilet far more often than when I
    > accidentally came across it a while back.


    The biggest problem is that the paranoid freedom fighters have invaded the
    group and in effect are making real Linux advocates look like nuts.

    Most people, by far, are not interested in a religious war like these nuts
    are fighting.
    They want to run their programs in the most efficient manner possible and
    they just don't have the time to be Joan Of Arc.

    I don't disagree with some of the more reasonable points they make wrt to
    patents however I believe people should be fairly compensated for their
    work.
    The problem is that these people are completely radical and will accept
    nothing less than all of their demands being met.
    This method of operation clearly shows that they have absolutely no
    business experience at all because the real world does not work like that.

    When you are the underdog you have to take baby steps first before you can
    take giant leaps.

    It all reminds me of a scene in the movie Schindler's List. One of the Jews
    in the ghetto escapes temporarily to meet with Schindler and the scene
    shows them talking in Schindler's car.
    The Jew is demanding this, and demanding that and Schindler has this
    puzzled look upon his face because this guy is obviously in no position to
    demand anything!
    He's a prisoner in the Warsaw Ghetto and will be on his way back there
    after the meeting.
    It's all quite interesting.

    Reminds me in an obtuse way of COLA.

    They want everything but they are in no position to get anything that isn't
    tossed to them in sympathy.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  14. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    Hadron wrote:
    > owl writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> owl writes:
    >>>
    >>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>> owl writes:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Who the hell lugs a laptop around with them in public if it's not a
    >>>>>> fulfilling a business need?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> You sound like Phil Da Tard now.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Every business man give or take carries a laptop. For presentations, for
    >>>>> email, for last minute scheduling etc etc.
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Try reading for comprehension next time.
    >>>
    >>> try keeping in mind that your snipping does not hide your previous
    >>> comments. One of which was
    >>>
    >>> ,----
    >>> | >>> And these are not associated with "profit making private enterprises?"
    >>> | >>> Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a bar?
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> Clearly discussing anything with you is a waste of time.

    >>
    >> I stand by that statement, even though you have taken it out of context.
    >> Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a *bar*?

    >
    > We were talking about place in general. And you know that.
    >
    > And FYI, all sorts of people take laptops into a bar when on business
    > trips.


    "...when on business trips."


  15. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    owl writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> owl writes:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>> owl writes:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>> owl writes:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Who the hell lugs a laptop around with them in public if it's not a
    >>>>>>> fulfilling a business need?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> You sound like Phil Da Tard now.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Every business man give or take carries a laptop. For presentations, for
    >>>>>> email, for last minute scheduling etc etc.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Try reading for comprehension next time.
    >>>>
    >>>> try keeping in mind that your snipping does not hide your previous
    >>>> comments. One of which was
    >>>>
    >>>> ,----
    >>>> | >>> And these are not associated with "profit making private enterprises?"
    >>>> | >>> Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a bar?
    >>>> `----
    >>>>
    >>>> Clearly discussing anything with you is a waste of time.
    >>>
    >>> I stand by that statement, even though you have taken it out of context.
    >>> Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a *bar*?

    >>
    >> We were talking about place in general. And you know that.
    >>
    >> And FYI, all sorts of people take laptops into a bar when on business
    >> trips.

    >
    > "...when on business trips."
    >


    What are you talking about?


    --
    - "Just think, consumers are not sold on XP, and Microsoft shelled out
    some major $$$ to develop this thing. This is a great opportunity for
    alternative operating systems to intercept the ball, and run it back for a
    touchdown.": comp.os.linux.advocacy - where they put the lunacy in advocacy

  16. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    chrisv wrote:
    > owl wrote:
    >
    >>Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >
    > A troll-feeding frenzy, eh?
    >
    > *plonk*
    >


    hypocrite wintard troll.


  17. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    Hadron wrote:
    > owl writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> owl writes:
    >>>
    >>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>> owl writes:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>>> owl writes:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Who the hell lugs a laptop around with them in public if it's not a
    >>>>>>>> fulfilling a business need?
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> You sound like Phil Da Tard now.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Every business man give or take carries a laptop. For presentations, for
    >>>>>>> email, for last minute scheduling etc etc.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Try reading for comprehension next time.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> try keeping in mind that your snipping does not hide your previous
    >>>>> comments. One of which was
    >>>>>
    >>>>> ,----
    >>>>> | >>> And these are not associated with "profit making private enterprises?"
    >>>>> | >>> Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a bar?
    >>>>> `----
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Clearly discussing anything with you is a waste of time.
    >>>>
    >>>> I stand by that statement, even though you have taken it out of context.
    >>>> Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a *bar*?
    >>>
    >>> We were talking about place in general. And you know that.
    >>>
    >>> And FYI, all sorts of people take laptops into a bar when on business
    >>> trips.

    >>
    >> "...when on business trips."
    >>

    >
    > What are you talking about?
    >


    Damn, you are dense.
    Context quoted above and repeated here:

    >>>>>>>> Who the hell lugs a laptop around with them in public if it's not a
    >>>>>>>> fulfilling a business need?




  18. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    owl writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> owl writes:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>> owl writes:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>> owl writes:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>>>> owl writes:
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Who the hell lugs a laptop around with them in public if it's not a
    >>>>>>>>> fulfilling a business need?
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> You sound like Phil Da Tard now.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Every business man give or take carries a laptop. For presentations, for
    >>>>>>>> email, for last minute scheduling etc etc.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Try reading for comprehension next time.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> try keeping in mind that your snipping does not hide your previous
    >>>>>> comments. One of which was
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> ,----
    >>>>>> | >>> And these are not associated with "profit making private enterprises?"
    >>>>>> | >>> Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a bar?
    >>>>>> `----
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Clearly discussing anything with you is a waste of time.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I stand by that statement, even though you have taken it out of context.
    >>>>> Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a *bar*?
    >>>>
    >>>> We were talking about place in general. And you know that.
    >>>>
    >>>> And FYI, all sorts of people take laptops into a bar when on business
    >>>> trips.
    >>>
    >>> "...when on business trips."
    >>>

    >>
    >> What are you talking about?
    >>

    >
    > Damn, you are dense.
    > Context quoted above and repeated here:
    >
    >>>>>>>>> Who the hell lugs a laptop around with them in public if it's not a
    >>>>>>>>> fulfilling a business need?

    >
    >


    Once, more. What are you talking about?

    It was YOU who said "only sales droids". Not me.

    Are you schizophrenic or something? Go and see a doctor.

    --
    "I really think XP is going to be a flop. Between the glut of hardware out
    there (and slowing down of purchasing), and the fact that W2K is
    sufficient for so many casual users.... I just don't see it taking off."
    comp.os.linux.advocacy - where they put the lunacy in advocacy

  19. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    Hadron wrote:
    > owl writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> owl writes:
    >>>
    >>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>> owl writes:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>>> owl writes:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>>>>> owl writes:
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>> Who the hell lugs a laptop around with them in public if it's not a
    >>>>>>>>>> fulfilling a business need?
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> You sound like Phil Da Tard now.
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Every business man give or take carries a laptop. For presentations, for
    >>>>>>>>> email, for last minute scheduling etc etc.
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Try reading for comprehension next time.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> try keeping in mind that your snipping does not hide your previous
    >>>>>>> comments. One of which was
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> ,----
    >>>>>>> | >>> And these are not associated with "profit making private enterprises?"
    >>>>>>> | >>> Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a bar?
    >>>>>>> `----
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Clearly discussing anything with you is a waste of time.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> I stand by that statement, even though you have taken it out of context.
    >>>>>> Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a *bar*?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> We were talking about place in general. And you know that.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> And FYI, all sorts of people take laptops into a bar when on business
    >>>>> trips.
    >>>>
    >>>> "...when on business trips."
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> What are you talking about?
    >>>

    >>
    >> Damn, you are dense.
    >> Context quoted above and repeated here:
    >>
    >>>>>>>>>> Who the hell lugs a laptop around with them in public if it's not a
    >>>>>>>>>> fulfilling a business need?

    >>
    >>

    >
    > Once, more. What are you talking about?
    >
    > It was YOU who said "only sales droids". Not me.
    >


    And it was you who said business-related computers don't count, so why
    do you even bring them into this?


    > Are you schizophrenic or something? Go and see a doctor.
    >


    I've noticed that practically every response you give to a post,
    regardless of poster or thread, makes reference to insanity and
    medication. That's curious.

    Do you think your parents loved you?


  20. Re: The Tesco Autumn/Winter Catalogue, featuring ... Linux. Twice.

    owl writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> owl writes:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>> owl writes:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>> owl writes:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>>>> owl writes:
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>> owl writes:
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>> Who the hell lugs a laptop around with them in public if it's not a
    >>>>>>>>>>> fulfilling a business need?
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>> You sound like Phil Da Tard now.
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>> Every business man give or take carries a laptop. For presentations, for
    >>>>>>>>>> email, for last minute scheduling etc etc.
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Try reading for comprehension next time.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> try keeping in mind that your snipping does not hide your previous
    >>>>>>>> comments. One of which was
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> ,----
    >>>>>>>> | >>> And these are not associated with "profit making private enterprises?"
    >>>>>>>> | >>> Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a bar?
    >>>>>>>> `----
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Clearly discussing anything with you is a waste of time.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> I stand by that statement, even though you have taken it out of context.
    >>>>>>> Who but a sales droid would take a laptop into a *bar*?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> We were talking about place in general. And you know that.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> And FYI, all sorts of people take laptops into a bar when on business
    >>>>>> trips.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> "...when on business trips."
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> What are you talking about?
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> Damn, you are dense.
    >>> Context quoted above and repeated here:
    >>>
    >>>>>>>>>>> Who the hell lugs a laptop around with them in public if it's not a
    >>>>>>>>>>> fulfilling a business need?
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >> Once, more. What are you talking about?
    >>
    >> It was YOU who said "only sales droids". Not me.
    >>

    >
    > And it was you who said business-related computers don't count, so why
    > do you even bring them into this?


    You are a liar. That is NOT what I said. What I said was above. Here:

    ,----
    | >>>>>>>>>> You sound like Phil Da Tard now.
    | >>>>>>>>>>
    | >>>>>>>>>> Every business man give or take carries a laptop. For presentations, for
    | >>>>>>>>>> email, for last minute scheduling etc etc.
    `----

    Now, you were saying? I think you had better get back to potty training
    since you're not much good at this. Leave it to the grown ups.

    Consider yourself schooled. Again.

    >
    >
    >> Are you schizophrenic or something? Go and see a doctor.
    >>

    >
    > I've noticed that practically every response you give to a post,
    > regardless of poster or thread, makes reference to insanity and
    > medication. That's curious.


    One can't help it in here talking to the likes of you. Now, try to stay
    on ONE subject at a time and maybe, just maybe you can make some kind of
    sense.

    >
    > Do you think your parents loved you?


    There you go again. You have the attention span and memory of a gold
    fish.

    --
    "Do a screen-shot of a text. Now disable anti-aliasing. Do again screen-shot of same text. Compare both. They are exactly the same."
    Peter Koehlmann, COLA, explaining Anti Aliasing ....
    http://tinyurl.com/33672q

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast