Re: Microsoft’s “I’m a PC” Millions Actually Promoting the Mac - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Microsoft’s “I’m a PC” Millions Actually Promoting the Mac - Linux ; Verily I say unto thee, that Phil Da Lick! spake thusly: > But would add one thing: the deciding factor on which products are > successful is, and should always be, the demand for it. The law of supply and ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

  1. Re: Microsoft’s “I’m a PC” Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    Verily I say unto thee, that Phil Da Lick! spake thusly:

    > But would add one thing: the deciding factor on which products are
    > successful is, and should always be, the demand for it.

    The law of supply and demand is pretty much the definition of a Free
    Market. Interfere with that natural balance by facilitating monopolies,
    where demand is inconsequential since there is no choice, and that
    market is no longer Free. That is not democracy, it's the first stage of
    corporatism. The second stage is where those monopolies dictate law.
    With all-powerful corporate lobbying groups coercing government to
    revoke our basic rights (ostensibly because of "terrorism", but in
    reality for the sake of "Intellectual Property"), we've obviously
    already reached that second stage ... some time ago. The "West" is now
    little more than a single corporate super-state. Witness travesties such
    as Phorm; the DMCA; ACTA and a slew of other violations of our rights,
    all designed solely to benefit corporations, in direct contradiction to
    the will of the people whom the government is supposed to represent.

    > "...Established companies have an interest in excluding future
    > competitors." - Bill Gates, 1991.
    >
    > Hardon Quick or Bill Gates? Who understands the software industry
    > patent landscape better? Place yer votes!

    Gates isn't describing a software business, he's describing a
    racketeering operation. He could be selling insurance for all the
    difference it makes - he's only interested in one thing, and it's not
    software.

    Ballmer is a more honest representation of Microsoft; a used-car
    salesman in a cheesy suit, performing an even cheesier vaudeville act in
    a desperate attempt to make a rusty Buick seem like a Rolls Royce.

    Not that he needs to worry about making the sale, as his gang of thugs
    has made sure he's the only dealer in town, but the charade keeps the
    customers so mesmerised that they don't question the rust, otherwise
    they might start considering the only other alternative of building
    their own cars. Even then, Ballmer has a plan "B", which is to patent
    ever aspect of a car, so no one can build their own without having to
    pay him a fee anyway. Of course he didn't /actually/ invent the car, nor
    any of it's components - he just got his goons to muscle-in on those who
    /did/, or failing that, lie and pretend it was his idea anyway.
    Naturally the law doesn't intervene, since they're on the payroll.

    It's quite a racket, isn't it?

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    | That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    | And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    | Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    | Signifying nothing." ~ Shakespeare
    `----

    23:59:39 up 37 days, 21:12, 5 users, load average: 0.42, 0.49, 0.55

  2. Re: Microsoft?s ?I?m a PC? Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Homer belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > The "West" is now
    > little more than a single corporate super-state. Witness travesties such
    > as Phorm; the DMCA; ACTA and a slew of other violations of our rights,
    > all designed solely to benefit corporations, in direct contradiction to
    > the will of the people whom the government is supposed to represent.

    Yeah, I'm looking forward to the slough of multi-billion-dollar bailouts
    that reward corporate executives for being wasteful incompetent
    schmucks.

    > Ballmer is a more honest representation of Microsoft; a used-car
    > salesman in a cheesy suit, performing an even cheesier vaudeville act in
    > a desperate attempt to make a rusty Buick seem like a Rolls Royce.
    >
    > Not that he needs to worry about making the sale, as his gang of thugs
    > has made sure he's the only dealer in town, but the charade keeps the
    > customers so mesmerised that they don't question the rust, otherwise
    > they might start considering the only other alternative of building
    > their own cars. Even then, Ballmer has a plan "B", which is to patent
    > ever aspect of a car, so no one can build their own without having to
    > pay him a fee anyway. Of course he didn't /actually/ invent the car, nor
    > any of it's components - he just got his goons to muscle-in on those who
    > /did/, or failing that, lie and pretend it was his idea anyway.
    > Naturally the law doesn't intervene, since they're on the payroll.
    >
    > It's quite a racket, isn't it?

    Deafening.

    --
    * knghtbrd does the ET thing
    anybody got a speak-n-spell?

  3. Re: Microsoft's "I'm a PC" Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    Homer wrote:

    > Gates isn't describing a software business, he's describing a
    > racketeering operation. He could be selling insurance for all the
    > difference it makes - he's only interested in one thing, and it's not
    > software.

    You're a bleedin' moron, now and forever. Gates was into software since he
    was 13 years old, and he's far and away a better software developer than
    most everyone in OSS la-la land.

  4. Re: Microsoft?s ?I?m a PC? Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Homer belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> The "West" is now
    >> little more than a single corporate super-state. Witness travesties such
    >> as Phorm; the DMCA; ACTA and a slew of other violations of our rights,
    >> all designed solely to benefit corporations, in direct contradiction to
    >> the will of the people whom the government is supposed to represent.

    > Yeah, I'm looking forward to the slough of multi-billion-dollar bailouts
    > that reward corporate executives for being wasteful incompetent
    > schmucks.

    Muchj like those greedy wankers in the city that have contributed
    directly to the downfall of HBOS and AIG recently, not giving a ****
    with their 6 figure salaries. In some ways I can understand the
    resentment towards the west in some areas of the third world. "Free
    world" my arse.

  5. Re: Microsoft’s “I’m a PC” Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    Hadron wrote:
    >> And knobheads like you in big business lobbying circles force the
    >> letter of the law to defeat the spirit of the law.

    > You better batten down the hatches. High Plains Hypocrite and St Liarnut
    > will be along soon to tell you to moderate your language!

    At least intelligent discourse is possible with them. You are clearly as
    mad as a mongoose.

  6. Re: Microsoft's "I'm a PC" Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 22:52:38 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Homer wrote:
    >
    >> Gates isn't describing a software business, he's describing a
    >> racketeering operation. He could be selling insurance for all the
    >> difference it makes - he's only interested in one thing, and it's not
    >> software.

    > You're a bleedin' moron, now and forever. Gates was into software since he
    > was 13 years old, and he's far and away a better software developer than
    > most everyone in OSS la-la land.

    And if he chose to support and develop for Linux, they would agree with
    you.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  7. Re: Microsoft's "I'm a PC" Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 22:52:38 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Homer wrote:
    >>
    >>> Gates isn't describing a software business, he's describing a
    >>> racketeering operation. He could be selling insurance for all the
    >>> difference it makes - he's only interested in one thing, and it's not
    >>> software.

    >> You're a bleedin' moron, now and forever. Gates was into software since he
    >> was 13 years old, and he's far and away a better software developer than
    >> most everyone in OSS la-la land.

    > And if he chose to support and develop for Linux, they would agree with
    > you.

    They probably would, however that's not what is being talked about. What
    is being talked about is Bill Gates and others using racketeering
    protectionist patent tactics to carve up the software industry. This has
    nothing to do with support or development.

  8. Re: Microsoft's "I'm a PC" Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > mentally-ill troll wrote:
    >>
    >> DumFSck wrote:
    >>>
    >>> You're a bleedin' moron, now and forever. Gates was into software since he
    >>> was 13 years old, and he's far and away a better software developer than
    >>> most everyone in OSS la-la land.

    Completely unsupported (and obviously flase) claim. You are lying,
    DumFSck.

    Completely unsupported claim. You are lying, flat****.

    >They probably would,

    Nonsense. There's zero reason to believe that Gate's software talents
    are so outstanding that people would be thinking that he's "he's far
    and away a better software developer" than most everyone.

    The circumstances that led to his amazing "success" as a businessman
    are not indicative of extraordinary software skills. Being "smart and
    into software at a young age" is not that unusual.

  9. Re: Microsoft's "I'm a PC" Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    chrisv wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >
    >> mentally-ill troll wrote:

    > Completely unsupported (and obviously flase) claim. You are lying,
    > DumFSck.
    >
    >>> And if he chose to support and develop for Linux, they would agree with
    >>> you.

    > Completely unsupported claim. You are lying, flat****.
    >
    >> They probably would,

    > Nonsense. There's zero reason to believe that Gate's software talents
    > are so outstanding that people would be thinking that he's "he's far
    > and away a better software developer" than most everyone.
    >
    > The circumstances that led to his amazing "success" as a businessman
    > are not indicative of extraordinary software skills. Being "smart and
    > into software at a young age" is not that unusual.

    I didn't say he'd be a *good* OSS developer! But the more the merrier,
    and of course he'd have to accept the freedom implicit in being so.
    Hypothetically of course

  10. Re: Microsoft's "I'm a PC" Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    On 2008-09-23, DFS wrote:
    > Homer wrote:
    >
    >> Gates isn't describing a software business, he's describing a
    >> racketeering operation. He could be selling insurance for all the
    >> difference it makes - he's only interested in one thing, and it's not
    >> software.

    > You're a bleedin' moron, now and forever. Gates was into software since he
    > was 13 years old, and he's far and away a better software developer than
    > most everyone in OSS la-la land.

    No, Gates has always been the "Jobs" part of the team.

    Jobs just knows better & not perpetuate stupid lies about himself. He
    doesn't try to sell himself as some modern day Edison and thus doesn't
    look like an idiot when that lie and the underlying lie are deflated.

    --
    vi isn't easy to use. |||
    / | \

  11. Re: Microsoft?s ?I?m a PC? Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:25:59 +0100, Homer wrote:
    >

    >> I agree with Roy.

    > What a revelation.

    Two actual linux advocates agreeing in a linux advocacy group. Whatever
    next eh?

  12. Re: Microsoft?s ?I?m a PC? Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:22:22 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:25:59 +0100, Homer wrote:
    >>

    >>> I agree with Roy.

    >> What a revelation.
    >>

    > Two actual linux advocates agreeing in a linux advocacy group. Whatever
    > next eh?

    This isn't a Linux advocacy group.
    It's a Microsoft hate group.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  13. Re: Microsoft?s ?I?m a PC? Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:22:22 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> What a revelation.
    >>>

    >> Two actual linux advocates agreeing in a linux advocacy group. Whatever
    >> next eh?

    > This isn't a Linux advocacy group.
    > It's a Microsoft hate group.

    No, its a linux advocacy group. Wintrolls who come here to disrupt can
    realistically expect a load of abuse, same as what linux advocates would
    expect if they did the same in a windows advocacy group. Its common
    sense, see?

  14. Re: Microsoft?s ?I?m a PC? Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Two actual linux advocates agreeing in a linux advocacy group.
    >>> Whatever next eh?

    >> This isn't a Linux advocacy group.
    >> It's a Microsoft hate group.
    >>

    > No, its a linux advocacy group. Wintrolls who come here to disrupt can
    > realistically expect a load of abuse, same as what linux advocates would
    > expect if they did the same in a windows advocacy group. Its common
    > sense, see?

    Old boy, you have got both nostrils wide open and puffing today, Licky
    puffing. :-P

  15. Re: Microsoft?s ?I?m a PC? Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    On 2008-09-23, Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:25:59 +0100, Homer wrote:
    >>

    >>> I agree with Roy.

    >> What a revelation.
    >>

    > Two actual linux advocates agreeing in a linux advocacy group. Whatever
    > next eh?

    What and no paintball match first to determine who's conflicting
    opinion should be declared "the one true way"?

    --

    iTunes is not progressive. It's a throwback. |||
    / | \

  16. Re: Microsoft's "I'm a PC" Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    Verily I say unto thee, that JEDIDIAH spake thusly:
    > On 2008-09-23, DFS wrote:
    >> Homer wrote:

    >>> Gates isn't describing a software business, he's describing a
    >>> racketeering operation. He could be selling insurance for all the
    >>> difference it makes - he's only interested in one thing, and
    >>> it's not software.

    >> You're a bleedin' moron, now and forever. Gates was into software
    >> since he was 13 years old, and he's far and away a better software
    >> developer than most everyone in OSS la-la land.

    LOL!

    You mean "better" software like:

    .. MS BASIC "Dumpster" Edition
    .. MSDOS "Stolen" Edition
    .. Win31 "Where's My Expanded Memory" Edition
    .. Win95 "b0rken USB" Edition
    .. Win98 "Crash-a-Minute" Edition
    .. WinME "Mistake" Edition
    .. WinXP "One Million Viruses" Edition
    .. Vista "FAIL" Edition
    .. Home Server "File Corrupter" Edition
    .. MS Outlook "Mangled Headers" Edition
    .. MS Word "10 Pages of Junk for Two Words in HTML" Edition
    .. OneCare AV "Deletes All Your Email but Not Viruses" Edition

    And last but not least, the absolute King of Slopware:

    .. Internet Explorer "Get pwned" Edition?

    Yeah, some real kuality Slopware there, DooFuS.

    > No, Gates has always been the "Jobs" part of the team.
    >
    > Jobs just knows better & not perpetuate stupid lies about himself. He
    > doesn't try to sell himself as some modern day Edison and thus
    > doesn't look like an idiot when that lie and the underlying lie are
    > deflated.

    I doubt if Pearly has the wherewithal to even /change/ a light bulb,
    much less /invent/ one. About the only thing he exceeds at is being
    a morally corrupt predator. Heck, he can't even run a tax-evasion...
    ahem, I mean charity ethically, let alone a software company. As for
    his predictions - Nostradamus he ain't. I'm still waiting for him to
    "eradicate spam", as he predicted he would do within 2 years ... but
    that was four years ago. He has the brains of pickled walnut and the
    morals of a drugs dealer. Talking of drugs, did he ever figure out a
    way to "make the Chinese pay" after getting them "sort of addicted"?

    Yup, that's some legacy.

    Gates: The Man Who Stole Everything, and Gave Nothing.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    | That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    | And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    | Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    | Signifying nothing." ~ Shakespeare
    `----

    22:48:06 up 38 days, 20:01, 5 users, load average: 0.59, 0.77, 0.81

  17. Re: Microsoft's "I'm a PC" Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Homer belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > You mean "better" software like:
    >
    > . Vista "FAIL" Edition

    That would be the "Epic Fail" edition.

    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../Epic_Fail.jpg

    Windows 7 will fix it, though.

    Bill Gates thinks so.

    --
    Old Japanese proverb:
    There are two kinds of fools -- those who never climb Mt. Fuji,

  18. Re: Microsoft?s ?I?m a PC? Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 00:58:41 +0100, Homer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Phil Da Lick! spake thusly:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> This isn't a Linux advocacy group.
    >>> It's a Microsoft hate group.

    > The group description clearly reads:
    >
    > "Benefits of Linux compared to other operating systems"

    Which of course explains all the Xbox stuff.
    Sony Playstation.
    Ballmar crap.
    Patents.
    iPhone.
    iPod
    etc......

    Then there is all the talk of Microsoft collapsing, financial baloney,
    patent paranoia....

    etc....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  19. Re: Microsoft?s ?I?m a PC? Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    Homer wrote:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that Phil Da Lick! spake thusly:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> This isn't a Linux advocacy group.
    >>> It's a Microsoft hate group.

    > The group description clearly reads:
    >
    > "Benefits of Linux compared to other operating systems"

    huh? Since when did you give a dang what the charter said? You spend
    nearly all your time on cola lying about Microsoft.

    > Microsoft's various (or is that nefarious?) operating systems suitably
    > qualify as "other". It's pretty hard to compare the two (either
    > technically or politically) without discussing *both*.

    What do your idiotic rants about Microsoft have to do with Windows?

    >> No, its a linux advocacy group. Wintrolls who come here to disrupt
    >> can realistically expect a load of abuse, same as what linux
    >> advocates would expect if they did the same in a windows advocacy
    >> group. Its common sense, see?

    > Flatty also seems to have missed the point that Microsoft (in their
    > typical gangster style) struck the first blow, so any "hate" towards
    > them in this group is merely reciprocation, and is fully justified.

    Lying idiot. Since the 1st day cola was online, you morons have been
    insulting Microsoft. Face it - you're underachievers backing and using an
    amateurish-hack-clone system that hasn't a chance in hell of replacing
    Windows.

  20. Re: Microsoft?s ?I?m a PC? Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > No, its a linux advocacy group.

    No, it's not. And it never has been. And it never will be.

    > Wintrolls who come here to disrupt

    How can a pit of foulmouthed Linux liars be disrupted?