Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs - Linux ; On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 20:46:33 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote: > William Poaster wrote: >> Chris Ahlstrom wrote: >> >>> The funniest thing is that he thinks *anyone*, let alone the beloved >>> subject of his ardent attentions, believes ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 56 of 56

  1. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 20:46:33 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>
    >>> The funniest thing is that he thinks *anyone*, let alone the beloved
    >>> subject of his ardent attentions, believes him. Especially when many of
    >>> his accusations sound like something you hear little kids say to each
    >>> other: "Nobody likes you, Jeffy!!"
    >>>
    >>> It's pretty strange. I've not seen a troll quite like him.

    >> Quack has NPD, in short *everyone* else is wrong, *he* is the only one
    >> right. Classic symptoms.

    > It is one thing to express an opinion. Problem is he accompanies it with
    > a barb, an insulter's twist. He seems unable to simply participate in the
    > discussion as a normal human being.

    Because he *can't*, for the reason stated above.
    Quack seems to think he's superior to everyone else, thus shows his
    arrogance. A classic case of NPD.

    --
    ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
    pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ

  2. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> More unsubstantiated lies from High Plains Hypocrite -
    >>> COLA's dumbest poaster by a long chalk. And when one considers he's
    >>> up against "swapon" Marti and 7 this is some
    >>> achievement!

    >> Marti's comments about "swap on" were correct. You didn't even
    >> bother to read that post, obviously, since it would have made
    >> you look like a bigger idiot than usual.

    I was referring to Marti blinding us with his genius when he told us he
    was "familiar with turning swap on and compiling kernels".

    Its such a non sequitur its not even funny.

  3. Re: Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Homer belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu spake thusly:
    >
    >> That was a great movie. I remember seeing it when I was about 13, and
    >> having a discussion with my mother afterwards about mental illness. I
    >> especially remember Bogart pulling out the ball bearings from his
    >> pocket as he was breaking down in court.

    > Actually I have a pair of balls that I play with too, that jingle when I
    > roll them. It's very therapeutic, in an odd kind of way, especially when
    > guests touch them and I have to tell them to stop playing with my balls.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baoding_Balls

    You sure those aren't Ben Wah balls?

    http://www.contentmart.com/articles/...its/Page1.html

    --
    Oh, wait, that was Randal...nevermind...
    -- Larry Wall in <199709261754.KAA23761@wall.org>

  4. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    On 2008-09-21, Hadron wrote:
    > Chris Ahlstrom writes:
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, chrisv belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> KF the POS.

    >> He has been for awhile. My experiment with openness has ended, an utter
    >> failure.
    >>
    >> However, Jed still parries with this putz, who makes two short planks
    >> look like a computer.

    > You mean the Jed who knew nothing about Dual Monitors? The man who
    > knows less about installing video HW and SW in Linux than you? That Jed?

    That little rant of yours only makes any remote sort of sense if you
    restrict it entirely to multi-monitor support.

    [deletia]

    I never claimed any interest in a cluster of small monitors.

    If I am going to indulge in parlour tricks, I would much rather
    get wii-motes working with my myth frontend that's attached to the 60"
    1080p pantel.

    --
    My macintosh runs Ubuntu. |||
    / | \

  5. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    JEDIDIAH writes:

    > On 2008-09-21, Hadron wrote:
    >> Chris Ahlstrom writes:
    >>
    >>> After takin' a swig o' grog, chrisv belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> He has been for awhile. My experiment with openness has ended, an utter
    >>> failure.
    >>>
    >>> However, Jed still parries with this putz, who makes two short planks
    >>> look like a computer.

    >> You mean the Jed who knew nothing about Dual Monitors? The man who
    >> knows less about installing video HW and SW in Linux than you? That Jed?

    > That little rant of yours only makes any remote sort of sense if you
    > restrict it entirely to multi-monitor support.

    Dont try your word games. You even said that having your mini split its
    screen into 4 panes was the same as having 4 monitors. I still chuckle
    when I think of it.

  6. Re: Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:

    > You sure those aren't Ben Wah balls?
    >
    > http://www.contentmart.com/articles/...its/Page1.html

    Isn't that today's lunchtime special at Joe's Diner?

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    | That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    | And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    | Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    | Signifying nothing." ~ Shakespeare
    `----

    16:11:34 up 37 days, 13:24, 5 users, load average: 1.34, 0.97, 0.65

  7. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    Verily I say unto thee, that JEDIDIAH spake thusly:
    > On 2008-09-21, Hadron wrote:

    >> You mean the Jed who knew nothing about Dual Monitors? The man who
    >> knows less about installing video HW and SW in Linux than you?
    >> That Jed?

    This from COLA's resident hardware "expert"?:

    ..----
    `----

    > That little rant of yours only makes any remote sort of sense if you
    > restrict it entirely to multi-monitor support.

    It would make even more sense if Hardon was in any kind of position to
    criticise others, which he clearly isn't.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    | That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    | And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    | Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    | Signifying nothing." ~ Shakespeare
    `----

    16:16:37 up 37 days, 13:29, 5 users, load average: 0.69, 0.81, 0.67

  8. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    On 2008-09-22, Hadron wrote:
    > JEDIDIAH writes:

    >>> You mean the Jed who knew nothing about Dual Monitors? The man who
    >>> knows less about installing video HW and SW in Linux than you? That Jed?

    >> That little rant of yours only makes any remote sort of sense if you
    >> restrict it entirely to multi-monitor support.

    > Dont try your word games. You even said that having your mini split its
    > screen into 4 panes was the same as having 4 monitors. I still chuckle
    > when I think of it.

    None of you jokers ever came up with a good reason to think otherwise.

    The "just google it" retort ended up being the most productive of the
    bunch.

    --
    My macintosh runs Ubuntu. |||
    / | \

  9. Re: Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Homer belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
    >
    >> You sure those aren't Ben Wah balls?
    >>
    >> http://www.contentmart.com/articles/...its/Page1.html

    > Isn't that today's lunchtime special at Joe's Diner?

    Only in the Wild West.

    --
    It's computer hardware, of course it's worth having
    -- Espy on #Debian

  10. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    JEDIDIAH writes:

    > On 2008-09-22, Hadron wrote:
    >> JEDIDIAH writes:

    >>> That little rant of yours only makes any remote sort of sense if you
    >>> restrict it entirely to multi-monitor support.

    >> Dont try your word games. You even said that having your mini split its
    >> screen into 4 panes was the same as having 4 monitors. I still chuckle
    >> when I think of it.

    > None of you jokers ever came up with a good reason to think
    > otherwise.

    Well, there's another lie from you for a start.

    We did the debugging full screen apps thing. We did the "other monitor
    as a TV" thing. Seriously, how do you sleep at might? You're too stupid
    to know how to breath without full consciousness.

    > The "just google it" retort ended up being the most productive of the
    > bunch.

    And I bet that was beyond you.

    --
    "Poor fishfarb! Pissed because s/h/it doesn't get all the attention
    s/h/it craves due to wise use of filtering."

  11. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    On 2008-09-22, Hadron wrote:
    > JEDIDIAH writes:

    >>> Dont try your word games. You even said that having your mini split its
    >>> screen into 4 panes was the same as having 4 monitors. I still chuckle
    >>> when I think of it.

    >> None of you jokers ever came up with a good reason to think
    >> otherwise.

    > Well, there's another lie from you for a start.
    >
    > We did the debugging full screen apps thing. We did the "other monitor

    No, that was someone in the peanut gallery.

    > as a TV" thing. Seriously, how do you sleep at might? You're too stupid
    > to know how to breath without full consciousness.

    The "use it as a TV" thing is somewhat interesting perhaps but it's
    just one example of many that simple falls into the category of "want
    to run a certain app fullscreen".

    I personally use my virtual desktops for both uses that the other
    guy mentioned and that must have come up after I lost my patience with
    the lot of you.

    Unless the debugging is realtime and you can't run your app in a
    window, then the extra monitor is a convenience. As far as the TV stuff
    goes, I've been doing that in Linux for about 10 years and have yet to
    feel compelled to get a separate monitor for it.

    >> The "just google it" retort ended up being the most productive of the
    >> bunch.

    > And I bet that was beyond you.

    The fact that others are self aware doesn't mean you are.

    --
    The best OS in the world is ultimately useless |||
    if it is controlled by a Tramiel, Jobs or Gates. / | \

  12. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    JEDIDIAH writes:

    > On 2008-09-22, Hadron wrote:
    >> JEDIDIAH writes:

    >>> None of you jokers ever came up with a good reason to think
    >>> otherwise.

    >> Well, there's another lie from you for a start.
    >>
    >> We did the debugging full screen apps thing. We did the "other monitor

    > No, that was someone in the peanut gallery.

    Erm (a) so what and (b) so did I.

    >> as a TV" thing. Seriously, how do you sleep at might? You're too stupid
    >> to know how to breath without full consciousness.

    > The "use it as a TV" thing is somewhat interesting perhaps but it's
    > just one example of many that simple falls into the category of "want
    > to run a certain app fullscreen".

    err, "while doing something else on another monitor". What is so
    confusing for you?

    > I personally use my virtual desktops for both uses that the other
    > guy mentioned and that must have come up after I lost my patience with
    > the lot of you.

    You use a Virtual desktop to watch TV on. Thats clever of you.

    Ye gods.

    > Unless the debugging is realtime and you can't run your app in a
    > window, then the extra monitor is a convenience. As far as the TV stuff
    > goes, I've been doing that in Linux for about 10 years and have yet to
    > feel compelled to get a separate monitor for it.

    You are wrong. Think focus. Think separate x screens.

    >>> The "just google it" retort ended up being the most productive of the
    >>> bunch.

    >> And I bet that was beyond you.
    >>

    > The fact that others are self aware doesn't mean you are.

    --
    "Well we know Quack is an inveterate liar & troll with no credibility, so
    you cannot take *anything* he says as being true."

  13. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    On 2008-09-23, Hadron wrote:
    > JEDIDIAH writes:

    [deletia]
    >>> We did the debugging full screen apps thing. We did the "other monitor

    >> No, that was someone in the peanut gallery.

    > Erm (a) so what and (b) so did I.

    Chiming in with a "me too" doesn't count.

    >>> as a TV" thing. Seriously, how do you sleep at might? You're too stupid
    >>> to know how to breath without full consciousness.

    >> The "use it as a TV" thing is somewhat interesting perhaps but it's
    >> just one example of many that simple falls into the category of "want
    >> to run a certain app fullscreen".

    > err, "while doing something else on another monitor". What is so
    > confusing for you?

    The part where you can actually pay attention.

    You see, some of us have actually done this stuff and don't
    just idly talke about it. Once you realize that, the extra monitor
    doesn't make quite so much sense anymore.

    >> I personally use my virtual desktops for both uses that the other
    >> guy mentioned and that must have come up after I lost my patience with
    >> the lot of you.

    > You use a Virtual desktop to watch TV on. Thats clever of you.
    >
    > Ye gods.

    Or a window.

    What's that product called again?

    >> Unless the debugging is realtime and you can't run your app in a
    >> window, then the extra monitor is a convenience. As far as the TV stuff
    >> goes, I've been doing that in Linux for about 10 years and have yet to
    >> feel compelled to get a separate monitor for it.

    > You are wrong. Think focus. Think separate x screens.

    Why? Done that too... multiple instances of X. Although that's not
    something that represents a continuous workspace.

    >>> And I bet that was beyond you.
    >>>

    >> The fact that others are self aware doesn't mean you are.

    --
    vi isn't easy to use. |||
    / | \

  14. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    JEDIDIAH writes:

    > On 2008-09-23, Hadron wrote:
    >> JEDIDIAH writes:

    > [deletia]
    >>>
    >>> No, that was someone in the peanut gallery.

    >> Erm (a) so what and (b) so did I.

    > Chiming in with a "me too" doesn't count.

    >>> The "use it as a TV" thing is somewhat interesting perhaps but it's
    >>> just one example of many that simple falls into the category of "want
    >>> to run a certain app fullscreen".

    >> err, "while doing something else on another monitor". What is so
    >> confusing for you?

    > The part where you can actually pay attention.

    Err ...

    > You see, some of us have actually done this stuff and don't
    > just idly talke about it. Once you realize that, the extra monitor
    > doesn't make quite so much sense anymore.

    "done this stuff"? You are absolutely clueless about it. Even the rest
    of the "advocates" have deserted you on this one.

    >>> I personally use my virtual desktops for both uses that the other
    >>> guy mentioned and that must have come up after I lost my patience with
    >>> the lot of you.

    >> You use a Virtual desktop to watch TV on. Thats clever of you.
    >>
    >> Ye gods.

    > Or a window.

    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Are you really this clueless?!?!?!?!?!?!? A window? And you are
    comparing that to watching a movie on a seperate x screen on a large lcd
    tv for example?

    As for your comment about virtual desktop - tell me again how you work
    on one virtual desktop but watch/listen/browse TV on the other at the
    same time with one montior? Jeb, you've been caught lying and bluffing
    again.

    > What's that product called again?

    Sky hooks?

    >>> Unless the debugging is realtime and you can't run your app in a
    >>> window, then the extra monitor is a convenience. As far as the TV stuff
    >>> goes, I've been doing that in Linux for about 10 years and have yet to
    >>> feel compelled to get a separate monitor for it.

    >> You are wrong. Think focus. Think separate x screens.

    > Why? Done that too... multiple instances of X. Although that's not
    > something that represents a continuous workspace.

    WTF?!?!? Err no. They are separate x screens. But they are part of a
    continuous work FLOW. Do try and understand the difference.

    >>> The fact that others are self aware doesn't mean you are.

    --
    "**** you, you lying bitch. "
    -- Rick in alt.true-crime, comp.os.linux.advocacy

  15. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 19:25:55 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > JEDIDIAH writes:

    >> [deletia]

    >>> Erm (a) so what and (b) so did I.

    >> Chiming in with a "me too" doesn't count.

    >>> err, "while doing something else on another monitor". What is so
    >>> confusing for you?

    >> The part where you can actually pay attention.

    > Err ...
    >

    >> You see, some of us have actually done this stuff and don't
    >> just idly talke about it. Once you realize that, the extra monitor
    >> doesn't make quite so much sense anymore.

    > "done this stuff"? You are absolutely clueless about it. Even the rest
    > of the "advocates" have deserted you on this one.

    >>> You use a Virtual desktop to watch TV on. Thats clever of you.
    >>>
    >>> Ye gods.

    >> Or a window.

    > LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > Are you really this clueless?!?!?!?!?!?!? A window? And you are
    > comparing that to watching a movie on a seperate x screen on a large lcd
    > tv for example?
    >
    > As for your comment about virtual desktop - tell me again how you work
    > on one virtual desktop but watch/listen/browse TV on the other at the
    > same time with one montior? Jeb, you've been caught lying and bluffing
    > again.
    >

    >> What's that product called again?

    > Sky hooks?

    >>> You are wrong. Think focus. Think separate x screens.

    >> Why? Done that too... multiple instances of X. Although that's not
    >> something that represents a continuous workspace.

    > WTF?!?!? Err no. They are separate x screens. But they are part of a
    > continuous work FLOW. Do try and understand the difference.

    Get ready for the rhymes and riddles to start.....

    Here, I'll even get him started:

    "It's the concept of virtual desktop's that is really the focus of the
    obtuse definition of improved work flow that you are describing.

    "And what does "improved" really mean?
    Can it be a measurable quantity or must it always be a nebulous concept
    associated with quantum physics and particles that can neither be seen nor
    heard"

    Or something like that...............
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  16. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    I doubt it, You actually made sense!

    --
    Bwahahahahahahahah - Anyone else think that this announcement from the MS
    marketing machine was anything other than a last ditch attempt to try and

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3