Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs - Linux ; Chris Ahlstrom wrote: > Hadron quacked: >> >> (nothing) > > Man, that's some big hard-on you have for me, Hadron. > > Looks to me like it has drained the blood from your brain. KF the POS....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56

  1. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > Hadron quacked:
    >>
    >> (nothing)

    > Man, that's some big hard-on you have for me, Hadron.
    >
    > Looks to me like it has drained the blood from your brain.

    KF the POS.

  2. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....ebba6bd96e8ca?

    From: High Plains Thumper
    Subject: Re: Hadron not Linux friendly either

    Hadron wrote:

    > -- "True. Due to a lack of competition, there essentially
    > have been no improvements to Microsoft's operating system and
    > office software. It just works." -- High Plains Thumper
    > in comp.os.linux.advocacy

    I am glad to see that you agreed enough with me to quote me.
    OpenOffice and its value added commercial variant StarOffice is
    an improvement over Microsoft Office. Linux is an improvement
    over Vista.

    (Awaiting the howling:

    http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/war...tm/howlers.htm )

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati

  3. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....013c7eec6555e?

    From: Mark Kent
    Subject: Re: help needed : /home partition

    Bob Hauck [...] espoused:
    > [...] Hadron Quark [...] wrote:
    >
    >> e.g I have /home/hadron on a special partition. I will
    >> reinstall but will need to recreate the user "hadron" - will
    >> the old permissions etc all match or is there something else
    >> I must do?

    > Someone who calls himself a "kernel hacker" ought to know the
    > answer to this question.

    The questions he's asked have been of such a fundamental nature
    that I doubt he's got any linux experience at all. Of course,
    it's possible that he's deliberately trashed a machine in order
    to prove some point - these trolls are hardly rational by most
    standards...
    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati
    (If all else fails, play dead)
    - "Red" Green

  4. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > RonB wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yet Hadron insists that Debian Stable is full of bugs and
    >>> too backward for usage:

    >> You pretty much take the opposite of what Hadron says as the
    >> truth. As my grandmother used to say -- "He'll lie even if the
    >> truth suits his purpose better."
    >>
    >> Found this somewhere...
    >>
    >> "When Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, it'll be a
    >> vacuum cleaner."

    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....ebba6bd96e8ca?
    >
    > From: High Plains Thumper
    > Subject: Re: Hadron not Linux friendly either
    >

    > Hadron wrote:
    >

    >> -- "True. Due to a lack of competition, there essentially
    >> have been no improvements to Microsoft's operating system and
    >> office software. It just works." -- High Plains Thumper
    >> in comp.os.linux.advocacy

    > I am glad to see that you agreed enough with me to quote me.
    > OpenOffice and its value added commercial variant StarOffice is
    > an improvement over Microsoft Office. Linux is an improvement
    > over Vista.
    >
    > (Awaiting the howling:
    >
    > http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/war...tm/howlers.htm )

    LOL. High Plains Hypocrite gets more useless and pathetic with every
    poast he makes.

    --
    "Maybe you can buy a Saturday Night Special and blow your POS brains out."
    -- Rick in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  5. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>> Hadron belched:

    >>> (Notice how Hadron takes his feeling, and projects it onto
    >>> the group, to indicate to the subject that everyone one else
    >>> is arrayed against the subject, and the subject is a
    >>> nothing.
    >>>
    >>> Classic minimization technique.)

    >> Ironic that Quack says "All you seem to do is whinge and
    >> whine" as *that* is what a lot of posters said about *him* in
    >> aolu.

    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....013c7eec6555e?
    >
    > From: Mark Kent
    > Subject: Re: help needed : /home partition
    >

    > Bob Hauck [...] espoused:
    >> [...] Hadron Quark [...] wrote:
    >>
    >>> e.g I have /home/hadron on a special partition. I will reinstall
    >>> but will need to recreate the user "hadron" - will
    >>> the old permissions etc all match or is there something else
    >>> I must do?

    >> Someone who calls himself a "kernel hacker" ought to know the answer
    >> to this question.

    > The questions he's asked have been of such a fundamental nature
    > that I doubt he's got any linux experience at all. Of course,
    > it's possible that he's deliberately trashed a machine in order
    > to prove some point - these trolls are hardly rational by most
    > standards...

    More unsubstantiated lies from High Plains Hypocrite - COLA's dumbest
    poaster by a long chalk. And when one considers he's up against "swapon"
    Marti and 7 this is some achievement!

    --
    "Maybe you can buy a Saturday Night Special and blow your POS brains out."
    -- Rick in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  6. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 14:39:11 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> This is the kind of sycophantic "me tooing" that makes so many serious
    >> Linux advocates and users killfile you or laugh at you. All hypothetical
    >> pie in the sky and scare mongering. You have no basis to think it will
    >> come to that and even less to think there would be a government bail
    >> out. In other words you are currying favour with Roy's gang just to be
    >> part of the posse. What ever happened to the real Linonut that was
    >> replaced by the creepy shell of the previous person and now known as
    >> Liarmutt?

    > Man, that's some big hard-on you have for me, Hadron.
    >
    > Looks to me like it has drained the blood from your brain.

    You credit the troll with having a brain? Bit generous, innit?

    --
    ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
    pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ

  7. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    Hadron wrote:

    > More unsubstantiated lies from High Plains Hypocrite - COLA's dumbest
    > poaster by a long chalk. And when one considers he's up against "swapon"
    > Marti and 7 this is some achievement!

    Marti's comments about "swap on" were correct. You didn't even bother to
    read that post, obviously, since it would have made you look like a bigger
    idiot than usual.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    Owner/Proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

    Q: What happens when four WASPs find themselves in the same room?
    A: A dinner party.

  8. Re: Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    On Sep 21, 12:53*am, chrisv wrote:
    > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    > > The funniest thing is that he thinks *anyone*, let alone the beloved
    > > subject of his ardent attentions, believes him.

    > That's the weird thing, that I think of often - these shameless liars,
    > these fscking idiots, like Quack and flat****. *I mean, why do they *
    > bother with posting (what they claim are) their fsckwitted *"opinions"?*
    > They are known liars. *Their words are meaningless.

    *plonk*

  9. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > More unsubstantiated lies from High Plains Hypocrite - COLA's dumbest
    > poaster by a long chalk. And when one considers he's up against "swapon"
    > Marti and 7 this is some achievement!

    This from the thick plank who sets the standard for obtuseness and
    skewed perceptions on COLA, our own Hadron Queeg.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Queeg

    It quickly becomes apparent that Queeg is prone to eccentric
    behavior. Queeg displays an oppressive command style and is prone to
    unprovoked angry outbursts. From the first, he begins to make
    mistakes that endanger his ship. After refusing the assistance of his
    predecessor in command, he grounds the Caine on a muddy shoal his
    first time underway. He panics in a fog and nearly collides with a
    battleship, and passes the blame to his helmsman, starting a series
    of incidents that eventually results in a scripted court-martial and
    mental breakdown of the helmsman.

    --
    Frankfort, Kentucky, makes it against the law to shoot off a policeman's tie.

  10. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    After takin' a swig o' grog, chrisv belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron quacked:
    >>>
    >>> (nothing)

    >> Man, that's some big hard-on you have for me, Hadron.
    >>
    >> Looks to me like it has drained the blood from your brain.

    > KF the POS.

    He has been for awhile. My experiment with openness has ended, an utter
    failure.

    However, Jed still parries with this putz, who makes two short planks
    look like a computer.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Queeg

    Queeg neglects to order the ship to stop turning while distracted in
    reprimanding a crew member for having his shirttail out, and so the
    Caine steams over its own towline, severing it. When called on the
    carpet by a superior after this incident, he refuses to acknowledge
    that it even happened, much less admit blame in any way (although he
    harbors a secret grudge against his helmsman for not warning
    him). His superiors are not satisfied, but allow him to retain
    command.

    --
    .... he dominates the DECADENT SUBWAY SCENE.

  11. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > (Awaiting the howling:
    >
    > http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/war...tm/howlers.htm )

    It is a shame that Mike Reed bowdlerized his own text. It used
    to refer to the flinging of excrement.

    Which is a more appropriate match for Hadrone's crap-colored glasses.

    --
    The existence of god implies a violation of causality.

  12. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    Chris Ahlstrom writes:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> More unsubstantiated lies from High Plains Hypocrite - COLA's dumbest
    >> poaster by a long chalk. And when one considers he's up against "swapon"
    >> Marti and 7 this is some achievement!

    > This from the thick plank who sets the standard for obtuseness and
    > skewed perceptions on COLA, our own Hadron Queeg.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Queeg
    >
    > It quickly becomes apparent that Queeg is prone to eccentric
    > behavior. Queeg displays an oppressive command style and is prone to
    > unprovoked angry outbursts. From the first, he begins to make
    > mistakes that endanger his ship. After refusing the assistance of his
    > predecessor in command, he grounds the Caine on a muddy shoal his
    > first time underway. He panics in a fog and nearly collides with a
    > battleship, and passes the blame to his helmsman, starting a series
    > of incidents that eventually results in a scripted court-martial and
    > mental breakdown of the helmsman.

    Wow. Just as I thought you might be showing some signs of sanity you go
    and do a "High Plains Hypocrite". Does you arse kissing know no bounds?
    Is that the best you have?

    --
    "I program Windows systems yes. But I am not a Windows user."
    Peter Koehlmann, COLA.

  13. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    Chris Ahlstrom writes:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, chrisv belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hadron quacked:

    >>> Man, that's some big hard-on you have for me, Hadron.
    >>>
    >>> Looks to me like it has drained the blood from your brain.

    >> KF the POS.

    > He has been for awhile. My experiment with openness has ended, an utter
    > failure.
    >
    > However, Jed still parries with this putz, who makes two short planks
    > look like a computer.

    You mean the Jed who knew nothing about Dual Monitors? The man who
    knows less about installing video HW and SW in Linux than you? That Jed?

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Queeg
    >
    > Queeg neglects to order the ship to stop turning while distracted in
    > reprimanding a crew member for having his shirttail out, and so the
    > Caine steams over its own towline, severing it. When called on the
    > carpet by a superior after this incident, he refuses to acknowledge
    > that it even happened, much less admit blame in any way (although he
    > harbors a secret grudge against his helmsman for not warning
    > him). His superiors are not satisfied, but allow him to retain
    > command.

    Wow. You really have hit rock bottom.

    --
    "I program Windows systems yes. But I am not a Windows user."
    Peter Koehlmann, COLA.

  14. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    Chris Ahlstrom writes:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> (Awaiting the howling:
    >>
    >> http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/war...tm/howlers.htm )

    > It is a shame that Mike Reed bowdlerized his own text. It used
    > to refer to the flinging of excrement.
    >
    > Which is a more appropriate match for Hadrone's crap-colored glasses.

    As usual like a true COLA "advocate" you go for the man not the
    message. fact : I use and love Debiab. fact : I have had issues in the
    past and will in the future with it. fact : I know more about debian
    video issues, at the very least, than you. fact: I was screamed down
    when I reported some of these issues and was called a liat. fact: COLA
    is a cesspit of wannabes and geeks whose sole aim in life is to belittle
    MS at every opportunity. Another fact : in at least two of your last few
    posts in debian newsgroup you have been wrong and I correctly posted
    corrected information wihtout belittling you or attacking you. I save
    that for the RPG which is COLA.

    Another fact : I openly defended you when private details were
    posted. Another fact: you did not do anything to defend Snit when Willy
    Poaster and his mob started started seeding Google with information
    about Snit's private affairs and his family.

    You are a hypocrite Liarmutt and you should get your own house in order
    before flinging your monkey pooh around your padded cell.

    --
    "I program Windows systems yes. But I am not a Windows user."
    Peter Koehlmann, COLA.

  15. Re: Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    On Sep 21, 8:17*am, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, chrisv belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    > > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > >> Hadron quacked:

    > >> Man, that's some big hard-on you have for me, Hadron.

    > >> Looks to me like it has drained the blood from your brain.

    > > KF the POS.

    > He has been for awhile. *My experiment with openness has ended, an utter
    > failure.
    >
    > However, Jed still parries with this putz, who makes two short planks
    > look like a computer.
    >
    > * *http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Queeg
    >
    > * *Queeg neglects to order the ship to stop turning while distracted in
    > * *reprimanding a crew member for having his shirttail out, and so the
    > * *Caine steams over its own towline, severing it. When called on the
    > * *carpet by a superior after this incident, he refuses to acknowledge
    > * *that it even happened, much less admit blame in any way (although he
    > * *harbors a secret grudge against his helmsman for not warning
    > * *him). His superiors are not satisfied, but allow him to retain
    > * *command.
    >
    > --
    > ... he dominates the DECADENT SUBWAY SCENE.

    That was a great movie. I remember seeing it when I was about 13, and
    having a discussion with my mother afterwards about mental illness. I
    especially remember Bogart pulling out the ball bearings from his
    pocket as he was breaking down in court.

  16. Re: Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    Verily I say unto thee, that nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu spake thusly:

    > That was a great movie. I remember seeing it when I was about 13, and
    > having a discussion with my mother afterwards about mental illness. I
    > especially remember Bogart pulling out the ball bearings from his
    > pocket as he was breaking down in court.

    Actually I have a pair of balls that I play with too, that jingle when I
    roll them. It's very therapeutic, in an odd kind of way, especially when
    guests touch them and I have to tell them to stop playing with my balls.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baoding_Balls

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    | That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    | And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    | Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    | Signifying nothing." ~ Shakespeare
    `----

    20:04:37 up 36 days, 17:17, 5 users, load average: 0.14, 0.08, 0.09

  17. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> More unsubstantiated lies from High Plains Hypocrite -
    >> COLA's dumbest poaster by a long chalk. And when one
    >> considers he's up against "swapon" Marti and 7 this is some
    >> achievement!

    > Marti's comments about "swap on" were correct. You didn't even
    > bother to read that post, obviously, since it would have made
    > you look like a bigger idiot than usual.

    All I did was post his quote and responses thereof to:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....013c7eec6555e?

    From: Mark Kent

    Bob Hauck [...] espoused:
    > [...] Hadron Quark [...] wrote:
    >
    >> e.g I have /home/hadron on a special partition. I will
    >> reinstall but will need to recreate the user "hadron" - will
    >> the old permissions etc all match or is there something
    >> else I must do?

    > Someone who calls himself a "kernel hacker" ought to know the
    > answer to this question.

    The questions he's asked have been of such a fundamental nature
    that I doubt he's got any linux experience at all. Of course,
    it's possible that he's deliberately trashed a machine in order
    to prove some point - these trolls are hardly rational by most
    standards...
    He's got an odd definition of "thickness."

    --
    HPT

  18. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    William Poaster wrote:
    > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >
    >> The funniest thing is that he thinks *anyone*, let alone the
    >> beloved subject of his ardent attentions, believes him.
    >> Especially when many of his accusations sound like something
    >> you hear little kids say to each other: "Nobody likes you,
    >> Jeffy!!"
    >>
    >> It's pretty strange. I've not seen a troll quite like him.

    > Quack has NPD, in short *everyone* else is wrong, *he* is the
    > only one right. Classic symptoms.

    It is one thing to express an opinion. Problem is he accompanies
    it with a barb, an insulter's twist. He seems unable to simply
    participate in the discussion as a normal human being.

    --
    HPT

  19. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 20:41:24 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > He's got an odd definition of "thickness."

    OMG....

    Why even bother......

    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  20. Re: [Monopoly] Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' ad images made on Macs

    Verily I say unto thee, that High Plains Thumper spake thusly:
    > Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> More unsubstantiated lies from High Plains Hypocrite - COLA's
    >>> dumbest poaster by a long chalk. And when one considers he's up
    >>> against "swapon" Marti and 7 this is some achievement!

    >> Marti's comments about "swap on" were correct. You didn't even
    >> bother to read that post, obviously, since it would have made you
    >> look like a bigger idiot than usual.

    [...]
    > He's got an odd definition of "thickness."

    Hardon, a world-class idiot, has some nerve calling anyone else "dumb".
    He has to look up just to see the bottom of the slime-pool he lives in.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    | That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    | And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    | Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    | Signifying nothing." ~ Shakespeare
    `----

    06:03:15 up 37 days, 3:16, 4 users, load average: 4.00, 4.08, 4.20