Open source adoption moving up the stack

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source application adoption is seeing an across the board phenomenon in
| reference to its acceptance across the industry today. It is moving up the
| stack with minor differences between categories. Open Source and web
| infrastructure layers, which are in the initial level, are moving up the
| stack. The server side in particular is where the industry is adopting at a
| higher pace.
`----

http://www.ciol.com/Developer/Open-S...19908110592/0/

Songbird Rocks!

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm not that picky when it comes to desktop audio player. Typically, I just
| use whatever audio player that comes with my Linux distro. As long as it
| plays all of my audio files (with the right plugins of course), I'm good.
| Until most recently, when I've tried those iTunes replacements that I wrote
| about a while ago, I've discovered Songbird, and it quickly became my
| favorite audio player.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/09/songbird-rocks.html

Recent:

Songbird 0.7.0, finally a functional player for linux!

,----[ Quote ]
| Songbird is built from the ground up on the Mozilla project. The media
| player's UI is programmed in the same XML User Interface Language (XUL) that
| Firefox uses for its UI. Much like Firefox, Songbird has support for
| user-created extensions, and you can improve the player functionalities
| simply by installing extensions as you usually do with the Firefox browser.
`----

http://motonacciu.blogspot.com/2008/...al-player.html

Songbird 0.6 - The Bird Got Wings

,----[ Quote ]
| Songbird is practically two things, both an audio player and a web browser.
| As an audio player, it does what it's supposed to do: it plays music,
| providing a library but not much of other options.
`----

http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/20...got-wings.html

Songbird media player: the love child of Mozilla and WinAmp

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...usic-free.html