Linux really catching on - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux really catching on - Linux ; SomeBloke espoused: > Hadron wrote: > >> Peter Köhlmann writes: >> >>> Hadron wrote: >>> >>>> Sinister Midget writes: >>>> >>>>> On 2008-09-17, bbgruff claimed: >>>>>> Sinister Midget wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>>> Then again, it might have been genuine miscalculation, not ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Linux really catching on

    SomeBloke espoused:
    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Peter Köhlmann writes:

    >>> Unfortunately, not at all.
    >>>
    >>> Explain the astounding audience how you connect a XP Home machine to a
    >>> Domain.

    >> When did you decide to bring Domain into it?
    >>
    >> My god you're one sneaky little liar.
    >>
    >> The phrase was "connect to a corporate LAN".

    > MY GOD!!! I agree with Hardon. Pass the bucket!

    Are there any corporate lans which don't have domains?

  2. Re: Linux really catching on

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > SomeBloke espoused:
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> When did you decide to bring Domain into it?
    >>>
    >>> My god you're one sneaky little liar.
    >>>
    >>> The phrase was "connect to a corporate LAN".

    >> MY GOD!!! I agree with Hardon. Pass the bucket!
    >>

    > Are there any corporate lans which don't have domains?

    Actually, I doubt that very much, at least for any setup involving many
    windows boxen. Your friendly small business next door might do without

  3. Re: Linux really catching on

    Peter Köhlmann espoused:
    > Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> SomeBloke espoused:

    >>> MY GOD!!! I agree with Hardon. Pass the bucket!
    >>>

    >> Are there any corporate lans which don't have domains?
    >>

    > Actually, I doubt that very much, at least for any setup involving many
    > windows boxen. Your friendly small business next door might do without

    I wouldn't consider a small business to be a corporate, corporates are
    very large companies, sometimes government owned/run.

    Anyway, it would appear that Mr Gruff's analysis was, in fact, correct.

  4. Re: Linux really catching on

    On 2008-10-07, Mark Kent wrote:
    > Peter Köhlmann espoused:
    >> Mark Kent wrote:
    >>
    >>> SomeBloke espoused:

    [deletia]
    >> Actually, I doubt that very much, at least for any setup involving many
    >> windows boxen. Your friendly small business next door might do without

    > I wouldn't consider a small business to be a corporate, corporates are
    > very large companies, sometimes government owned/run.
    >
    > Anyway, it would appear that Mr Gruff's analysis was, in fact, correct.

    Yup. Small businesses are pretty much setup up in a manner similar
    to home use. More industrial features are not required and the users
    in question aren't aware of them and don't have the staff that is
    aware of them.

    --
    Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
    attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates |||

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2