Oldham, England Brings Open Source To Schools

,----[ Quote ]
| Why is it that Europe is so far ahead of America in this kind of thinking? In
| this post, I looked into another effort from England analyzing how schools
| could use open source to go paperless, and arm kids with Linux notebooks. In
| a subsequent post, I cited another post providing an interesting analysis of
| some specific software tools that could help schools go open source.
`----

http://ostatic.com/173346-blog/oldha...rce-to-schools

Oldham Council deploy Open Source software to deliver low cost services to
schools

,----[ Quote ]
| The Unity Partnership ICT department, working on behalf of Oldham Council has
| migrated infrastructure delivering Internet connectivity to all schools in
| the borough to Open Source software to lower costs and improve operational
| performance.
`----

http://www.sourcewire.com/releases/r...=41685&hilite=

African developers release open source virtual classroom

,----[ Quote ]
| Downloadable versions of the software will be available in Debian, RPM, Java
| and Windows executable formats. The Debian version is currently available.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=3070

Recent:

Gujarat Education Board(India) goes Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| For the uninitiate, this is the turning point we have been waiting for that
| would take Linux to every computer user. Imagine millions of students who are
| aware of what Open Source Software and Linux is before they join
| universities. Who in their right mind is going to use Vi$ta after trying out
| openSUSE 11.0 in all it’s compiz glory? * *
`----

http://dev.compiz-fusion.org/~cybero...s-open-source/

Koreans to showcase open source experience in Cebu summit

,----[ Quote ]
| KIPA has been actively pushing open source use in government. One of its
| projects resulted in a local version of Linux (called Buyeo) now used in
| nearly 200 schools in South Korea.
`----

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...in-Cebu-summit
http://tinyurl.com/55k4qo