Linux ebook does 9K pages per charge

,----[ Quote ]
| China-based Jinke Electronics is shipping an upgraded version of its
| electronic book reader that runs Linux. The Hanlin eReader V3 offers an
| 200MHz ARM9 processor, and a six-inch 800 x 600 display that uses E Ink's
| power-sipping EPD (electronic paper display) module, says Jinke.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS4...89.html?kc=rss

It seems like almost every EBook reader runs Linux (not just Kindle).

Recent:

E-paper support for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the electrophoretic display controllers for which Linux support has
| been posted (tarball) is a controller from E-Ink called Apollo. This
| controller is interfaced to the host through 8-bit data and 6-bit control
| over General Purpose IO (GPIO) interfaces. *
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/inde...pid;1968336438

Linux-based eBook reader leverages lightweight browser

,----[ Quote ]
| The NetFront browser enables users to click through to linked reference
| sites, such as Wikipedia, while they are reading. *
`----

Down with paper: A review of the Sony Reader

,----[ Quote ]
| Not only does the new Reader sport an SD card slot alongside the Pro Duo
| slot, but it plays AAC and MP3 files; ATRAC doesn't even make an appearance
| on the spec sheet. Oh, and did I mention that the Reader is Penguin-powered? *
`----

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardw...der-review.ars

Sharp intros RD-CX100 dictionary / e-book reader

,----[ Quote ]
| It may not boast quite the versatility of its souped-up
| Linux-based "electronic dictionary," but if you're just looking for
| some basic e-book reading capabilities along with your
| multi-lingual dictionary, Sharp's new RD-CX100 looks like it
| may fit the bill.
`----

http://digg.com/gadgets/Sharp_intros..._e_book_reader

HP offers peek at next-gen gadgets