First Android phone to launch next week

,----[ Quote ]
| T-Mobile, Google, and HTC have sent out invitations for next Tuesday's
| announcement of the first phone based on the Google Android mobile Linux
| stack. Meanwhile, leaked photos of the Android-based "HTC Dream" have popped
| up, revealing an unusual design feature.

Anticipating Android: Will It Challenge iPhone?

,----[ Quote ]
| The first phone to use Google's Android platform is set to debut on Sept. 23.
| Will it generate the buzz that Apple's iPhone did when it first launched?
| Unlikely, writes Reuters' Yinka Adegoke. However, developers are looking
| forward to Android's openness, something iPhone sorely lacks.

Watch Out iPhone; The First Android Phone is Coming Oct 20th

,----[ Quote ]
| After months of speculation, TechCrunch reports that the first Android
| powered phone, the HTC Dream is set to be released in the US by T-Mobile on
| October 20th. T-Mobile did not return my calls to confirm or deny this rumor,
| but one thing is certain, the iPhone is no longer the only player on the
| block and this will increase interest in T-Mobile for the first time maybe
| ever.

Google shows Android running on a phone in Europe

,----[ Quote ]
| Google provided a glimpse of its Android operating system running on a mobile
| phone for the first time in Europe on Tuesday, in a limited viewing ahead of
| its imminent launch.

Google mobile chief says can't afford a dud

,----[ Quote ]
| T-Mobile USA is expected to introduce the first Android phone in New York on
| Sept. 23, sources familiar with the plan told Reuters this week.

T-Mobile to Offer First Phone With Google Software

Google Exec: Android To Beat iPhone

,----[ Quote ]
| Rich Miner even went after Apple's handheld darling. *"Once you have devices
| out there from Motorola, HTC, Samsung, and so on, there's a much larger
| potential market on Android than for the iPhone," he said. *"[T]here's a
| single manufacturer, it's targeted at a particular demographic, and it falls
| far short of the 1 billion mobile phones sold every year worldwide." * *

iPhone vs. Android : An Open Source Devs Perspective

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Andrea Gazzaniga, software development manager at mobile open
| source vendor Funambol the answer is not entirely clear. In a rambling
| overflow presentation at AjaxWorld's iPhone Sumitt, Gazzaniga attempted to
| outline the differences and similiaraties between iPhone and Android. *

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be? *
| to go with that.

Is Google Android the Next Windows?

,----[ Quote ]
| On the flip side, Good Android (here’s a video demo) is a cross-platform
| software environment that multiple hardware vendors and service providers are
| expected to embrace. Although Android isn’t fully baked, Google is
| aggressively promoting the operating environment to third party developers.
| The idea is to get developers on board early, so that tons of Android
| applications are ready when Android-compatible devices finally debut. * *
| [...]
| Eventually, The VAR Guy suspects, Android devices will easily leapfrog
| iPhone’s market share. But that’s not a terrible thing for Apple. Although
| Apple nearly died on the desktop, Apple’s more recent innovations prove that
| you can thrive even when you hold less than 10 percent of a technology
| market. * *

HTC tight-lipped about Google phone

,----[ Quote ]
| MOBILE PHONE MAKER High Tech Computer (HTC) is developing a handset which
| will run Android software developed by Google and a consortium of other tech
| companies. *

A third of all phones "smart" in five years

| ABI Research vice president Stuart Carlaw said, "The market is currently
| dominated by Nokia (52 percent) and Symbian (65 percent). However, the
| coalescence of the framework wars in the Linux environment and the growing
| stature of Windows Mobile will enable new competitors to put pressure on this
| established axis." * *

Research and Markets: Symbian and Linux Enjoy the Highest Penetration in the
Japanese Smartphone Market

,----[ Quote ]
| Symbian and Linux enjoy the highest penetration in the Japanese smartphone
| market and appear to be the beneficiaries in any expansion of smartphone use
| there. *

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFI0PPoU4xAY3RXLo4RAqcUAJ9uRz2Hd+IIW2D5UxlIpC QIo9lo8wCfQnkz