Re: Cray Does Microsoft Windows - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Cray Does Microsoft Windows - Linux ; AZ Nomad wrote: > > I have every confidence, microsoft can make such a system too slow to > use. Instead of choking on fifty thousand temp files, such a system will > try and index a half a million ...

  1. Re: Cray Does Microsoft Windows

    AZ Nomad wrote:

    > I have every confidence, microsoft can make such a system too slow to
    > use. Instead of choking on fifty thousand temp files, such a system will
    > try and index a half a million worthless temp files instead.

    C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings
    empty

    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
    empty

    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data
    empty

    C:\Documents and Settings\Stan\Local Settings\Temp
    12 files, 1 folder 2.38MB

    C:\Documents and Settings\Stan\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
    20 files, 8 folders 2.12MB

    Where are those 50,000 - 500,000 temp files hiding?

  2. Re: Cray Does Microsoft Windows

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:29:46 -0500, Stan wrote:
    >AZ Nomad wrote:

    > > I have every confidence, microsoft can make such a system too slow to
    > > use. Instead of choking on fifty thousand temp files, such a system will
    > > try and index a half a million worthless temp files instead.

    >C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings
    >empty

    >C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
    >empty

    >C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data
    >empty

    >C:\Documents and Settings\Stan\Local Settings\Temp
    >12 files, 1 folder 2.38MB

    >C:\Documents and Settings\Stan\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
    >20 files, 8 folders 2.12MB

    >Where are those 50,000 - 500,000 temp files hiding?

    I don't run vista personally. I been trying to assist somebody with HP's
    at home and at work, both running vista, with insane amounts of temp files
    in the \documents and settings\\local settings\temp directories.

    Both get between 10,000 and 40,000 temp files a day. And of course, vista
    can't seem to remove them faster than about 30 files per second. Cleaning
    the directories out requires a full day.

+ Reply to Thread