[News] The Healthy Firefox and GNU/Linux Relationship, New Mozilla Interview - Linux

  1. [News] The Healthy Firefox and GNU/Linux Relationship, New Mozilla Interview

    Firefox 3 - The Beast Among Web Browsers

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Not only Firefox became in a relatively short amount of time the most popular
    | web browser on Linux, but it also turned out to be the most powerful
    | competitor to Internet Explorer on Windows, proving itself faster, more
    | stable, more flexible and secure. Some would say Firefox is one of the most
    | important proofs that open-source can and is actually better than closed,
    | proprietary software. Firefox is heavily advertised by the Mozilla
    | corporation, many Linux fans put a link to the official Firefox website on
    | their blog or personal homepages, initiatives like SpreadFirefox.com or the
    | Firefox Download Day, they all contribute to making Firefox so popular.
    `----

    http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2008/09...-browsers.html

    Mozilla's Frank Hecker on Politics 2.0, Open Source, and Participatory
    Democracy

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I had a chance to interview Frank Hecker at this year's Personal Demoracy
    | Forum in New York City in July. Both Frank Hecker and Brian Behlendorf
    | represented the Mozilla Foundation at this conference focused on the
    | intersection between politics and technology. In this 25 minute interview
    | you'll hear Frank Hecker talking about Mozilla's mission and structure, as
    | well as his own personal views on how open source could provide a model for
    | involving citizens in participatory democracy.
    `----

    http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2008/09...hecker-op.html

    Recent:

    Firefox reached 29% share in Europe

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | XiTi Monitor has released the latest numbers on browsers utilization in
    | Europe and the rest of the world, announcing it has reached about 29% in
    | March 2008. ¬*
    `----

    http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/04/f...are-in-europe/

    Two Mozillians among most influential people in IT

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The list includes a couple of notable Mozillians: Brendan Eich and Wyndow
    | Snyder, Mozilla Corporation Chief Technology Officer and Chief Security
    | Officer respectively. ¬*
    `----

    http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/04/t...-people-in-it/

    Firefox wins Webware 100 2008!

    http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/04/f...ware-100-2008/

    'We're Huge in Finland!' Firefox Hits New High as IE7 Lags

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Mozilla Firefox continued its slow but steady march against the worldwide
    | dominance of Microsoft Internet Explorer in 2007. Though the open-source web
    | browser continues to sit firmly in second place behind IE, where it's been
    | for years, usage of Firefox is still on the rise. The browser is even
    | threatening to tip the scales in some European countries -- most likely
    | thanks to the rapid internationalization efforts made possible by the
    | open-source development model. ¬* ¬* ¬*
    `----

    http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/20...x-made-wo.html

    Related:

    Firefox 3: rocking on Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A few people have been noticing how good our support on Linux has gotten
    | during the Firefox 3 development cycle and I thought I would post to try and
    | point out some of the good stuff that we have coming down the pipe. ¬*
    `----

    http://www.0xdeadbeef.com/weblog/?p=325

    Update on the Firefox 3 Linux Theme

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Work on the new linux theme for Firefox 3 is progressing nicely due to a very
    | active group of contributers. To match the operating system’s theme,
    | Firefox‚Äôs navigation toolbar will use native GTK icons. ¬*
    `----

    http://blog.mozilla.com/faaborg/2007...3-linux-theme/

  2. Re: [News] The Healthy Firefox and GNU/Linux Relationship, New Mozilla Interview

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 00:20:41 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Firefox 3 - The Beast Among Web Browsers

    It's a quality product.
    I for the most part haven't touched IE since firefox 2.x.
    I don't like IE7 either.

    Opera is another very nice browser.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] The Healthy Firefox and GNU/Linux Relationship, New Mozilla Interview

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > It's a quality product.
    > I for the most part haven't touched IE since firefox 2.x.
    > I don't like IE7 either.
    >
    > Opera is another very nice browser.

    Never did use IE as my regular browser. Before Firefox it was Netscape.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

+ Reply to Thread