Black hats target Windows Media Encoder bug

,----[ Quote ]
| Public attack code was published on the Milw0rm exploit list as early as
| Friday - just three days after Microsoft's Patch Tuesday - though it was
| dated Wednesday, September 10. By Saturday, honeypots maintained by
| researchers at Symantec began detecting variants.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09...media_encoder/

Ad hoc malware police besiege net neutrality

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the past couple of weeks, white hat netizens have scored two important
| victories in their tireless quest to clean up some of the internet's darkest
| recesses. While the events are encouraging, forgive us if we don't jump for
| joy.
|
| The first win came when Directi - a registrar criticized for making anonymous
| domain-name registration available to an inordinate number of scammers -
| agreed to beef up its policing of malicious sites. The Mumbai provider of a
| service known as PrivacyProtect now promises to suspend abusive services
| within 24 hours of receiving a legitimate complaint. It's also agreed to
| completely suspend the service to Estdomains and other customers accused of
| using it to protect owners of illegal websites.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09...vs_censorship/

Yesterday:

The School of Hacking

,----[ Quote ]
| If college students can beat the best antivirus programs, why do people spend
| nearly $5 billion a year on them?
`----

http://www.newsweek.com/id/158730

Last week:

Putting A 'Korset' On The Spread Of Computer Viruses: Invention Stays One Step
Ahead Of Anti-virus Software

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0909111037.htm