The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook.... - Linux

This is a discussion on The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook.... - Linux ; Here it is folks, all in one place.... How to make multimedia livable under Ubuntu.... Follow the bouncing ball and my personal suggestion is to reboot once or twice during the cookbook because a lot of stuff gets changed and ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

  1. The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    Here it is folks, all in one place....
    How to make multimedia livable under Ubuntu....
    Follow the bouncing ball and my personal suggestion is to reboot once or
    twice during the cookbook because a lot of stuff gets changed and you will
    run less of a risk of something screwing up.

    It worked fantastic for me.

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ht=hardy+codec

    Now compare this to Mandriva where they are trying to sell you
    everything.....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > Here it is folks, all in one place....
    > How to make multimedia livable under Ubuntu....
    > Follow the bouncing ball and my personal suggestion is to reboot once or
    > twice during the cookbook because a lot of stuff gets changed and you will
    > run less of a risk of something screwing up.
    >
    > It worked fantastic for me.
    >
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ht=hardy+codec
    >
    > Now compare this to Mandriva where they are trying to sell you
    > everything.....

    Mandriva have NEVER tried to sell me anything! I have used it for the last 8
    years.

  3. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:02:15 +0100, SomeBloke wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >

    >> Here it is folks, all in one place....
    >> How to make multimedia livable under Ubuntu....
    >> Follow the bouncing ball and my personal suggestion is to reboot once or
    >> twice during the cookbook because a lot of stuff gets changed and you will
    >> run less of a risk of something screwing up.
    >>
    >> It worked fantastic for me.
    >>
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ht=hardy+codec
    >>
    >> Now compare this to Mandriva where they are trying to sell you
    >> everything.....
    >>

    > Mandriva have NEVER tried to sell me anything! I have used it for the last 8
    > years.

    Naturally flatfish is talking rubbish again.

    --
    Did you know?
    Hardon Quack & his wife divorced over religious differences.

  4. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    William Poaster writes:

    > On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:02:15 +0100, SomeBloke wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>

    >>> Here it is folks, all in one place....
    >>> How to make multimedia livable under Ubuntu....
    >>> Follow the bouncing ball and my personal suggestion is to reboot once or
    >>> twice during the cookbook because a lot of stuff gets changed and you will
    >>> run less of a risk of something screwing up.
    >>>
    >>> It worked fantastic for me.
    >>>
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ht=hardy+codec
    >>>
    >>> Now compare this to Mandriva where they are trying to sell you
    >>> everything.....
    >>>

    >> Mandriva have NEVER tried to sell me anything! I have used it for the last 8
    >> years.

    > Naturally flatfish is talking rubbish again.

    Thats strange. On the home page they are ... selling things.

    http://www.mandriva.com/

    Poor, poor willy.

  5. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    William Poaster wrote:

    > On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:02:15 +0100, SomeBloke wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>

    >>> Here it is folks, all in one place....
    >>> How to make multimedia livable under Ubuntu....
    >>> Follow the bouncing ball and my personal suggestion is to reboot once or
    >>> twice during the cookbook because a lot of stuff gets changed and you
    >>> will run less of a risk of something screwing up.
    >>>
    >>> It worked fantastic for me.
    >>>
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ht=hardy+codec
    >>>
    >>> Now compare this to Mandriva where they are trying to sell you
    >>> everything.....
    >>>

    >> Mandriva have NEVER tried to sell me anything! I have used it for the
    >> last 8 years.

    > Naturally flatfish is talking rubbish again.

    It is possible to buy the Powerpack if you want too, otherwise you can
    simply download Mandriva One or the freely (in both senses) downloadable
    Mandriva Spring Free.

  6. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 13:05:02 +0100, SomeBloke wrote:

    > William Poaster wrote:

    >>> Mandriva have NEVER tried to sell me anything! I have used it for the
    >>> last 8 years.

    >> Naturally flatfish is talking rubbish again.
    >>

    > It is possible to buy the Powerpack if you want too, otherwise you can
    > simply download Mandriva One or the freely (in both senses) downloadable
    > Mandriva Spring Free.

    *Exactly*!

    --
    Did you know?
    Hardon Quack & his wife divorced over religious differences.
    He thought he was God, and she didn't.

  7. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    William Poaster writes:

    > On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 13:05:02 +0100, SomeBloke wrote:
    >
    >> William Poaster wrote:

    >>> Naturally flatfish is talking rubbish again.
    >>>

    >> It is possible to buy the Powerpack if you want too, otherwise you can
    >> simply download Mandriva One or the freely (in both senses) downloadable
    >> Mandriva Spring Free.

    > *Exactly*!

    What? You have been proven to be lying again?

    The quote was

    >Mandriva have NEVER tried to sell me anything! I have used it for the
    >last 8 years.

    Visiting their home page and they ARE indeed trying to sell things. They
    do indeed TRY to sell support and licensing.

    Who are you trying to kid?

    The fact that you CAN still get it for free too is not the point.

    --
    "By your and your buddies references, marketshare.hitslink.com, it has
    moved from .43 to .68 over the last year. Increasing by 58% over the last

  8. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    Hadron wrote:

    > William Poaster writes:

    >>> It is possible to buy the Powerpack if you want too, otherwise you can
    >>> simply download Mandriva One or the freely (in both senses) downloadable
    >>> Mandriva Spring Free.

    >> *Exactly*!

    > What? You have been proven to be lying again?
    >
    > The quote was
    >
    >>Mandriva have NEVER tried to sell me anything! I have used it for the
    >>last 8 years.

    > Visiting their home page and they ARE indeed trying to sell things. They
    > do indeed TRY to sell support and licensing.
    >
    > Who are you trying to kid?
    >
    > The fact that you CAN still get it for free too is not the point.

    Oh dear, you seem to mistake 'trying' with 'available to buy if you want
    too'.
    --
    If it looks like a Duck, walks like a Duck and quacks like a Duck, it's a
    Duck.

    Otherwise its a Hardon Quack!

  9. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    SomeBloke writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> William Poaster writes:

    >>> *Exactly*!

    >> What? You have been proven to be lying again?
    >>
    >> The quote was
    >>
    >>>Mandriva have NEVER tried to sell me anything! I have used it for the
    >>>last 8 years.

    >> Visiting their home page and they ARE indeed trying to sell things. They
    >> do indeed TRY to sell support and licensing.
    >>
    >> Who are you trying to kid?
    >>
    >> The fact that you CAN still get it for free too is not the point.
    >>

    > Oh dear, you seem to mistake 'trying' with 'available to buy if you want
    > too'.

    So lets get this straight:

    You do not think a prominent advert on the home page is "trying to
    sell"?

    Wow. Just "oh wow". Just as I thought I had seen the bottom of the
    depths of stupidity here in COLA you go and break through the glass
    floor.

    Congratulations.

    --
    "My college theater antics were the inspiration for Robin
    Williams' character on Mork & Mindy"

  10. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 13:48:33 +0100, SomeBloke wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> William Poaster writes:

    >>> *Exactly*!

    >> What? You have been proven to be lying again?
    >>
    >> The quote was
    >>
    >>>Mandriva have NEVER tried to sell me anything! I have used it for the
    >>>last 8 years.

    >> Visiting their home page and they ARE indeed trying to sell things. They
    >> do indeed TRY to sell support and licensing.
    >>
    >> Who are you trying to kid?
    >>
    >> The fact that you CAN still get it for free too is not the point.
    >>

    > Oh dear, you seem to mistake 'trying' with 'available to buy if you want
    > too'.

    It's a choice you see, & we know Quack doesn't like choices. We also know
    he has comprehension problems.

    --
    Did you know?
    Hardon Quack & his wife divorced over religious differences.
    He thought he was God, and she didn't.

  11. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 14:52:35 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > SomeBloke writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    +codec

    >>> What? You have been proven to be lying again?
    >>>
    >>> The quote was

    >>> Visiting their home page and they ARE indeed trying to sell things.
    >>> They do indeed TRY to sell support and licensing.
    >>>
    >>> Who are you trying to kid?
    >>>
    >>> The fact that you CAN still get it for free too is not the point.
    >>>

    >> Oh dear, you seem to mistake 'trying' with 'available to buy if you
    >> want too'.

    > So lets get this straight:
    >
    > You do not think a prominent advert on the home page is "trying to
    > sell"?
    >
    > Wow. Just "oh wow". Just as I thought I had seen the bottom of the
    > depths of stupidity here in COLA you go and break through the glass
    > floor.
    >
    > Congratulations.

    You appear to have comprehension difficulties.

    Collins English Dictionary definitions.

    Try : Make an effort or attempt.

    Available : Obtainable or accessible.

    The differences should be plain; even to you.

    --
    If it looks like a Duck, walks like a Duck and quacks like a Duck, it's a
    Duck.

    Otherwise its a Hardon Quack!

  12. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    * SomeBloke peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 14:52:35 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> Oh dear, you seem to mistake 'trying' with 'available to buy if you
    >>> want too'.

    >> So lets get this straight:
    >>
    >> You do not think a prominent advert on the home page is "trying to
    >> sell"?
    >>
    >> Wow. Just "oh wow". Just as I thought I had seen the bottom of the
    >> depths of stupidity here in COLA you go and break through the glass
    >> floor.
    >>
    >> Congratulations.

    > You appear to have comprehension difficulties.
    >
    > Collins English Dictionary definitions.
    >
    > Try : Make an effort or attempt.
    >
    > Available : Obtainable or accessible.
    >
    > The differences should be plain; even to you.

    And what if one never went to the main page, just to the FTP site?

    Besides, go to http://www.mandriva.com and see for yourself. The most
    prominent links are "Downloads" of free stuff. There's a little section
    on "Enterprise Solutions" and "Mandriva Partners" for those interested
    in such things.

    Some hard sell.

    "Prominent advert"? Sounds like more confabulation from Hadrone.

    --
    But, for my own part, it was Greek to me.
    -- William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"

  13. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:57:23 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * SomeBloke peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> So lets get this straight:
    >>>
    >>> You do not think a prominent advert on the home page is "trying to
    >>> sell"?
    >>>
    >>> Wow. Just "oh wow". Just as I thought I had seen the bottom of the
    >>> depths of stupidity here in COLA you go and break through the glass
    >>> floor.
    >>>
    >>> Congratulations.

    >> You appear to have comprehension difficulties.
    >>
    >> Collins English Dictionary definitions.
    >>
    >> Try : Make an effort or attempt.
    >>
    >> Available : Obtainable or accessible.
    >>
    >> The differences should be plain; even to you.

    > And what if one never went to the main page, just to the FTP site?
    >
    > Besides, go to http://www.mandriva.com and see for yourself. The most
    > prominent links are "Downloads" of free stuff. There's a little section
    > on "Enterprise Solutions" and "Mandriva Partners" for those interested
    > in such things.
    >
    > Some hard sell.
    >
    > "Prominent advert"? Sounds like more confabulation from Hadrone.

    Hardon Quack is proving his complete inability to understand anything. As
    for "seeing the bottom of the depths of stupidity here in COLA" he just
    keeps showing his poor education, & just *how* ignorant he is.

    --
    Did you know?
    Hardon Quack & his wife divorced over religious differences.
    He thought he was God, and she didn't.

  14. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    * William Poaster peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:57:23 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >> "Prominent advert"? Sounds like more confabulation from Hadrone.

    > Hardon Quack is proving his complete inability to understand anything. As
    > for "seeing the bottom of the depths of stupidity here in COLA" he just
    > keeps showing his poor education, & just *how* ignorant he is.

    I do hope he is simply "having us on". It would be awful to have to go
    through life being so painfully thick, angry, and rude.

    --
    tax office, n.:
    Den of inequity.

  15. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 13:51:18 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > William Poaster writes:

    >>> Mandriva have NEVER tried to sell me anything! I have used it for the last 8
    >>> years.

    >> Naturally flatfish is talking rubbish again.

    > Thats strange. On the home page they are ... selling things.
    >
    > http://www.mandriva.com/
    >
    > Poor, poor willy.

    1. The default homepage comes up with an advertisement trying to sell you
    the power pack.

    2. The desktop has an icon where you can click and buy the power pack or
    join up with the Mandriva "Club".

    3. The Codeina thing in the menu list is trying to sell you CODECS.

    Would you like me to continue?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  16. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 14:41:25 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > William Poaster writes:

    >>> It is possible to buy the Powerpack if you want too, otherwise you can
    >>> simply download Mandriva One or the freely (in both senses) downloadable
    >>> Mandriva Spring Free.

    >> *Exactly*!

    > What? You have been proven to be lying again?
    >
    > The quote was
    >
    >>Mandriva have NEVER tried to sell me anything! I have used it for the
    >>last 8 years.

    > Visiting their home page and they ARE indeed trying to sell things. They
    > do indeed TRY to sell support and licensing.
    >
    > Who are you trying to kid?
    >
    > The fact that you CAN still get it for free too is not the point.

    He's trying to scramble and move the goal posts again...
    Pathetic.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  17. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 14:41:25 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > William Poaster writes:

    >>> It is possible to buy the Powerpack if you want too, otherwise you can
    >>> simply download Mandriva One or the freely (in both senses) downloadable
    >>> Mandriva Spring Free.

    >> *Exactly*!

    > What? You have been proven to be lying again?
    >
    > The quote was
    >
    >>Mandriva have NEVER tried to sell me anything! I have used it for the
    >>last 8 years.

    > Visiting their home page and they ARE indeed trying to sell things. They
    > do indeed TRY to sell support and licensing.
    >
    > Who are you trying to kid?
    >
    > The fact that you CAN still get it for free too is not the point.

    You don't even have to go to the homepage, just install the distribution.
    See my other posts.

    I suspect SomeJoke is lying again in that he probably never installed
    Mandriva.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  18. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    Linonut wrote:

    >* William Poaster peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >> Hardon Quack is proving his complete inability to understand anything. As
    >> for "seeing the bottom of the depths of stupidity here in COLA" he just
    >> keeps showing his poor education, & just *how* ignorant he is.

    >I do hope he is simply "having us on". It would be awful to have to go
    >through life being so painfully thick, angry, and rude.

    It is hard to believe that anyone could be as ****ty as he...

  19. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    chrisv wrote:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >>* William Poaster peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>>
    >>> Hardon Quack is proving his complete inability to understand anything.
    >>> As
    >>> for "seeing the bottom of the depths of stupidity here in COLA" he just
    >>> keeps showing his poor education, & just *how* ignorant he is.

    >>I do hope he is simply "having us on". It would be awful to have to go
    >>through life being so painfully thick, angry, and rude.

    > It is hard to believe that anyone could be as ****ty as he...

    Not at all.
    Snot Michael Glasser is even more dishonest (hard to believe, but yes).
    And flatfish Gary Stewart is even more filthy than Hadron Quark is
    --
    The UNIX Guru`s view of Sex:
    unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; sleep

  20. Re: The Ubuntu MultiMedia CookBook....

    Hadron wrote:

    > Just as I thought I had seen the bottom of the
    > depths of stupidity here in COLA...

    ....You looked into a mirror and saw something REALLY stupid.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

    Good to the last supper

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast