Linux FAILS as hackers break CERN's LHC - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux FAILS as hackers break CERN's LHC - Linux ; Linonut wrote: >>> More hi kwality commentary from Hadrone. >> >> You said it pee-pee boy. And only YESTERDAY you were gloating about >> great "sig material". You are a hypocrite. A liar. And a fraud. > >He hate me! ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Thread: Linux FAILS as hackers break CERN's LHC

  1. Re: Linux FAILS as hackers break CERN's LHC

    Linonut wrote:

    >>> More hi kwality commentary from Hadrone.

    >>
    >> You said it pee-pee boy. And only YESTERDAY you were gloating about
    >> great "sig material". You are a hypocrite. A liar. And a fraud.

    >
    >He hate me!
    >
    >*LOL*


    He knows you've got him beat. He knows he's ****.


  2. Re: Linux FAILS as hackers break CERN's LHC

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 23:03:55 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >>>> More hi kwality commentary from Hadrone.
    >>>
    >>> You said it pee-pee boy. And only YESTERDAY you were gloating about
    >>> great "sig material". You are a hypocrite. A liar. And a fraud.

    >>
    >>He hate me!
    >>
    >>*LOL*

    >
    > He knows you've got him beat. He knows he's ****.


    Yea right....

    LiarMutt is a joke...
    Wanna talk about firewalls?
    How about Nvidia?
    How about anarchy by giving up all control and law an order for freedom?

    Liarmutt is a total joke....


    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  3. Re: Linux FAILS as hackers break CERN's LHC

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:09:26 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * Hadron peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Linonut writes:
    >>>
    >>>> * Unruh peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Hadron writes:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>Nonsense of course. Any well administered Linux system would limit
    >>>>>>logins to various hosts and/or subnets. Or should.
    >>>>
    >>>> What a bonehead.
    >>>
    >>> So. We can add network admin to the list of many things you know sweet
    >>> FA about. Right next to your recent whoppers of recommending nOObs to
    >>> use the NVidia-installer. Do you not tire of being proven wrong all the
    >>> time? Did you even understand what I said above? I doubt it. You just
    >>> throw out little fibs and hope they will go under peoples radar.
    >>>
    >>>>> Yes. And the "hackers" only got onto a very limited subset of the machines.
    >>>>
    >>>>>>--
    >>>>>>"I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee "
    >>>>>> -- Liarnut in comp.os.linux.advocacy
    >>>>
    >>>> More hi kwality commentary from Hadrone.
    >>>
    >>> You said it pee-pee boy. And only YESTERDAY you were gloating about
    >>> great "sig material". You are a hypocrite. A liar. And a fraud.

    >>
    >> He hate me!
    >>
    >> *LOL*

    >
    > He may.


    I certainly do not hate him. I don't even know him. I can only say that
    his COLA nym is a liar, a fraud and a hypocrite. The above is yet
    another great example.

    > However, you *did* say what he claims you said.....


    Yup.

    --
    "For example, user interfaces are _usually_ better in commercial software.
    I'm not saying that this is always true, but in many cases the user
    interface to a program is the most important part for a commercial
    company..." Linus Torvalds

  4. Re: Linux FAILS as hackers break CERN's LHC

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:09:26 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Hadron peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Linonut writes:
    >>
    >>> * Unruh peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>>
    >>>> Hadron writes:
    >>>>
    >>>>>Nonsense of course. Any well administered Linux system would limit
    >>>>>logins to various hosts and/or subnets. Or should.
    >>>
    >>> What a bonehead.

    >>
    >> So. We can add network admin to the list of many things you know sweet
    >> FA about. Right next to your recent whoppers of recommending nOObs to
    >> use the NVidia-installer. Do you not tire of being proven wrong all the
    >> time? Did you even understand what I said above? I doubt it. You just
    >> throw out little fibs and hope they will go under peoples radar.
    >>
    >>>> Yes. And the "hackers" only got onto a very limited subset of the machines.
    >>>
    >>>>>--
    >>>>>"I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee "
    >>>>> -- Liarnut in comp.os.linux.advocacy
    >>>
    >>> More hi kwality commentary from Hadrone.

    >>
    >> You said it pee-pee boy. And only YESTERDAY you were gloating about
    >> great "sig material". You are a hypocrite. A liar. And a fraud.


    Quack calling someone a " hypocrite. A liar. And a fraud." Oh, the irony!

    > He hate me!
    >
    > *LOL*


    It's Quack's reaction when he's no argument left. Quack hates anyone who
    knows more than him, & clearly shows his ignorance.

    Actually I can believe he worked at CERN, & I wonder how long it took him
    to dig that circular tunnel.

    --
    Did you know?
    Hardon Quack & his wife divorced over religious differences.
    He thought he was God, and she didn't.


  5. Re: Linux FAILS as hackers break CERN's LHC

    William Poaster writes:

    > On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:09:26 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * Hadron peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Linonut writes:
    >>>
    >>>> * Unruh peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Hadron writes:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>Nonsense of course. Any well administered Linux system would limit
    >>>>>>logins to various hosts and/or subnets. Or should.
    >>>>
    >>>> What a bonehead.
    >>>
    >>> So. We can add network admin to the list of many things you know sweet
    >>> FA about. Right next to your recent whoppers of recommending nOObs to
    >>> use the NVidia-installer. Do you not tire of being proven wrong all the
    >>> time? Did you even understand what I said above? I doubt it. You just
    >>> throw out little fibs and hope they will go under peoples radar.
    >>>
    >>>>> Yes. And the "hackers" only got onto a very limited subset of the machines.
    >>>>
    >>>>>>--
    >>>>>>"I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee "
    >>>>>> -- Liarnut in comp.os.linux.advocacy
    >>>>
    >>>> More hi kwality commentary from Hadrone.
    >>>
    >>> You said it pee-pee boy. And only YESTERDAY you were gloating about
    >>> great "sig material". You are a hypocrite. A liar. And a fraud.

    >
    > Quack calling someone a " hypocrite. A liar. And a fraud." Oh, the irony!
    >
    >> He hate me!
    >>
    >> *LOL*

    >
    > It's Quack's reaction when he's no argument left. Quack hates anyone who
    > knows more than him, & clearly shows his ignorance.


    So you deny that I was right on best practices with the NVidia drivers?

    Aha. Thanks for that Willy. Another indication of just how useless you
    are. Argue the man Willy, not the point - thats your way.

    >
    > Actually I can believe he worked at CERN, & I wonder how long it took him
    > to dig that circular tunnel.


    Not bad! Quite amusing.

  6. Re: Linux FAILS as hackers break CERN's LHC

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 07:56:20 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    > It's Quack's reaction when he's no argument left. Quack hates anyone who
    > knows more than him, & clearly shows his ignorance.
    >
    > Actually I can believe he worked at CERN, & I wonder how long it took
    > him to dig that circular tunnel.


    Hadron so badly wants to be clever.

    Poor fellow.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  7. Re: Linux FAILS as hackers break CERN's LHC

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:02:58 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > William Poaster writes:
    >
    >> On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:09:26 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * Hadron peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>>
    >>>> Linonut writes:
    >>>>
    >>>>> * Unruh peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Hadron writes:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>>Nonsense of course. Any well administered Linux system would limit
    >>>>>>>logins to various hosts and/or subnets. Or should.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> What a bonehead.
    >>>>
    >>>> So. We can add network admin to the list of many things you know sweet
    >>>> FA about. Right next to your recent whoppers of recommending nOObs to
    >>>> use the NVidia-installer. Do you not tire of being proven wrong all the
    >>>> time? Did you even understand what I said above? I doubt it. You just
    >>>> throw out little fibs and hope they will go under peoples radar.
    >>>>
    >>>>>> Yes. And the "hackers" only got onto a very limited subset of the machines.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>>--
    >>>>>>>"I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee "
    >>>>>>> -- Liarnut in comp.os.linux.advocacy
    >>>>>
    >>>>> More hi kwality commentary from Hadrone.
    >>>>
    >>>> You said it pee-pee boy. And only YESTERDAY you were gloating about
    >>>> great "sig material". You are a hypocrite. A liar. And a fraud.

    >>
    >> Quack calling someone a " hypocrite. A liar. And a fraud." Oh, the irony!
    >>
    >>> He hate me!
    >>>
    >>> *LOL*

    >>
    >> It's Quack's reaction when he's no argument left. Quack hates anyone who
    >> knows more than him, & clearly shows his ignorance.

    >
    > So you deny that I was right on best practices with the NVidia drivers?
    >
    > Aha. Thanks for that Willy. Another indication of just how useless you
    > are. Argue the man Willy, not the point - thats your way.
    >
    >>
    >> Actually I can believe he worked at CERN, & I wonder how long it took him
    >> to dig that circular tunnel.

    >
    > Not bad! Quite amusing.


    Poaster is as useless as tits on a snake....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  8. Re: Linux FAILS as hackers break CERN's LHC

    In news:Eq_yk.28142$XB4.8423@bignews9.bellsouth.net,
    Linonut typed:

    > Read the whole article.


    Indeed ... a publicly-accessible web server got {cr,h}acked, not the network
    that either operates the LHC or anal;yzes its datastream. The article's
    alarm is similar to that of declaring a "laundromat has been
    compromised --SHUT 'ER DOWN!" because someone drew a moustache on the
    picture of the woman on the detergent vending machine.



  9. Re: Linux FAILS (not) as hackers break CERN's LHC

    In news:reply_in_group-E3CB5C.21504513092008@news.supernews.com,
    Tim Smith typed:

    > You can't have it both ways--either the OS is blameless in both cases,
    > or responsible in both.


    You might wish to consider the webserver configuration being at fault, which
    is the usual case.



  10. Re: Linux FAILS as hackers break CERN's LHC

    Hadron wrote:
    > Matt writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> your recent whoppers of recommending nOObs to
    >>> use the NVidia-installer.

    >>
    >> I missed the discussion. What's wrong with noobs doing that?

    >
    > Google is that way ->



    Oh, I guess you mean the bash script you can download from the nvidia
    site. I don't know, I guess I used it maybe ten times over two or three
    years. It didn't seem so hard. Nowadays I let Ubuntu take care of it.
    As I recall, it's difficult to use the script with Ubuntu, but I
    always used it back when I ran Fedora. Ubuntu has automated it somehow
    so that I am little aware of how it works beyond having to fetch it
    through Synaptic after I install the distro. They don't put it into the
    stock distro because it's proprietary.

  11. Re: Linux FAILS as hackers break CERN's LHC

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 23:47:09 -0500, Matt wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Matt writes:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> your recent whoppers of recommending nOObs to
    >>>> use the NVidia-installer.
    >>>
    >>> I missed the discussion. What's wrong with noobs doing that?

    >>
    >> Google is that way ->

    >
    >
    > Oh, I guess you mean the bash script you can download from the nvidia
    > site. I don't know, I guess I used it maybe ten times over two or three
    > years. It didn't seem so hard. Nowadays I let Ubuntu take care of it.
    > As I recall, it's difficult to use the script with Ubuntu, but I
    > always used it back when I ran Fedora. Ubuntu has automated it somehow
    > so that I am little aware of how it works beyond having to fetch it
    > through Synaptic after I install the distro. They don't put it into the
    > stock distro because it's proprietary.


    It's not using the script that is difficult it's that there is a good
    chance it will mis-identify things and hose your Xsystem.

    Using Synaptic in Ubuntu works.
    For other distributions the preferred method is to use the package manager.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  12. Re: Linux FAILS as hackers break CERN's LHC

    Matt writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Matt writes:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> your recent whoppers of recommending nOObs to
    >>>> use the NVidia-installer.
    >>>
    >>> I missed the discussion. What's wrong with noobs doing that?

    >>
    >> Google is that way ->

    >
    >
    > Oh, I guess you mean the bash script you can download from the nvidia
    > site. I don't know, I guess I used it maybe ten times over two or
    > three years. It didn't seem so hard. Nowadays I let Ubuntu take care


    It isnt hard. Its wrong.

    > of it. As I recall, it's difficult to use the script with Ubuntu, but
    > I always used it back when I ran Fedora. Ubuntu has automated it
    > somehow so that I am little aware of how it works beyond having to
    > fetch it through Synaptic after I install the distro. They don't put
    > it into the stock distro because it's proprietary.


    We were discussing Debian which is more draconian with its dealings with
    things like the nvidia-installer and why using it is not recommended.


    --
    "For example, user interfaces are _usually_ better in commercial software.
    I'm not saying that this is always true, but in many cases the user
    interface to a program is the most important part for a commercial
    company..." Linus Torvalds

  13. Re: Linux FAILS as hackers break CERN's LHC

    * Matt peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Matt writes:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> your recent whoppers of recommending nOObs to
    >>>> use the NVidia-installer.
    >>>
    >>> I missed the discussion. What's wrong with noobs doing that?

    >>
    >> Google is that way ->

    >
    > Oh, I guess you mean the bash script you can download from the nvidia
    > site. I don't know, I guess I used it maybe ten times over two or three
    > years. It didn't seem so hard. Nowadays I let Ubuntu take care of it.
    > As I recall, it's difficult to use the script with Ubuntu, but I
    > always used it back when I ran Fedora. Ubuntu has automated it somehow
    > so that I am little aware of how it works beyond having to fetch it
    > through Synaptic after I install the distro. They don't put it into the
    > stock distro because it's proprietary.


    I didn't even know Nvidia provided a bash script.

    Nor did I know that I was "recommending nOObs to use the NVidia-installer."

    Sounds like more Hadrone confabulation.

    Just for record, my statement was basically that I like to upgrade my
    kernel, and, when I do, I have to reinstall Nvidia (and VMware). Since
    I've already got the kernel-source infrastructure in place, and have an
    already-configured xorg.conf, downloading the latest NVidia installer
    and running it is, well, trivial. Seriously. Not for a newbie, but for
    anyone familiar with virtual consoles, and the basics of the display
    manager and X.

    And, really, the kernel build isn't difficult to do manually. I don't
    even consult my notes on it anymore.

    --
    Humor in the Court:
    Q. Were you aquainted with the deceased?
    A. Yes, sir.
    Q. Before or after he died?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3