[News] [Rival] Another Failure for Microsoft Virtualisation: Castrated Features - Linux

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Another Failure for Microsoft Virtualisation: Castrated Features

    On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 17:38:29 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    Castration!

    Now *there* is a topic that you actually know something about, Roy
    Schestowitz!!

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...earch&aq=f&oq=

    http://tinyurl.com/3j3ryc
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  3. Re: [Rival] Another Failure for Microsoft Virtualisation: CastratedFeatures

    On Sep 12, 8:38*pm, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:
    > Microsoft Backtracks on Live Migration, Again

    > | The delay means the software giant -- which is striving to win favor for its
    > | virtualization solution -- still lacks features long available from rivals.

    Typical Microsoft strategy. Promise all of the features of the
    competition, then
    fall short and claim that the other features are "unimportant" or
    "unnecessary"

    Maybe, in 10 or 15 years, Microsoft will have virtualization that is
    almost as good as VMWare, with their full flexibility and support.

    But Microsoft's vaporware tactics are often effective in delaying
    purchases, starving competitors of revenue, and giving Microsoft time
    to work out ways to contracturally exclude competitors through changes
    in license agreement.

  4. Re: [Rival] Another Failure for Microsoft Virtualisation: Castrated Features

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] Another Failure for Microsoft Virtualisation: Castrated Features

    > Microsoft cuts Windows virtualization features
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| The company is changing three key features of the hypervisor
    >| technology to try to stick to its schedule of releasing the
    >| technology within 180 days of completing its Windows Server
    >| "Longhorn" operating system, due to be finalized before the
    >| end of the year.
    > `----
    >
    > http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6182852.html

    Posted on ZDNet News: May 10, 2007 5:46:00 PM
    REDMOND, Wash.-Microsoft said on Thursday that it is pulling features
    out of the initial version of its "Viridian" hypervisor to avoid
    having to delay the virtualization technology.

    Gotta get it out there quick, freeze the market, the way we always do.

    Those guys just can't get a product out the door to save their lives.
    Windows development is just broken.
    --Gordon Haff, analyst, Illuminata

    And

    VMware, the leading x86 virtualization company, has supported live
    migration since 2003 with its VMotion software.

    Microsoft -- Wait for us, we're the leaders!

    --
    That's the funniest thing I've ever heard and I will _not_ condone it.
    -- DyerMaker, 17 March 2000 MegaPhone radio show

+ Reply to Thread