Ah Um: mingus 0.3

,----[ Quote ]
| Version 0.3 of mingus, the music theory package for Python I started working
| on a while back has been released.

Alfresco releases first draft CMIS implementation

,----[ Quote ]
| The draft CMIS specification sets out to deliver common REST or web service
| APIs that can be implemented by any vendor. This, in time, should allow
| developers who want to use enterprise content management (ECM) products in
| their applications to work with the CMIS APIs and let users plug in their
| preferred ECM back-end.

Alfresco provides further proof that open source is mainstream

,----[ Quote ]
| Alfresco has been on a roll lately. Word on the street is that Alfresco just
| nailed another quarter (That's eight straight quarters of growth and hitting
| its plan). This week Alfresco came out with some other cool news that I was
| forced pry out of of Matt Asay, as we both try to not shill for our own
| companies.

Alfresco-Adobe Pact Pushes Open Source Toward the Mainstream

,----[ Quote ]
| The surprise was two-fold, that Adobe felt it was necessary to add content
| management services at all and that it chose open source vendor Alfresco as
| its content management partner.
| [...]
| If the Alfresco-Adobe deal can help push open source further into the
| enterprise mainstream, it will not only be a big deal for Alfresco, but could
| be a big step for other open source vendors as well.

Alfresco's Latest ECM: Prying Open a Sector?

,----[ Quote ]
| John Newton, the chairman and CTO at open source document management firm
| Alfresco, is no stranger to Enterprise Content Management (ECM). You might
| even say he helped put the term on the IT map when he co-founded Documentum,
| the document management company that EMC later bought.
| But that was then. Now, he's all about Alfresco's latest Enterprise 2.2
| product, and is trying to up the ante in a market sector dominated by
| proprietary vendors.

Alfresco's sales up 320 percent, hits 30,000 active deployments

,----[ Quote ]
| Frankly, even Microsoft could use this model - as Marc Fleury pointed out to
| me earlier this week - without skipping a beat. It could adopt Red Hat's
| model tomorrow without sacrificing its billions in profit. If anything, it
| should grow with a model that focuses on widespread, cheap distribution. *

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)