Creator of Web spots a flaw in Internet Explorer - Linux

This is a discussion on Creator of Web spots a flaw in Internet Explorer - Linux ; Tim Berners-Lee, the British-born inventor of the World Wide Web, says he doesn't like to express preferences among Web browsers. But he does have an issue with one of them: Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Explorer.... "If you look around at browsers, ...

  1. Creator of Web spots a flaw in Internet Explorer

    Tim Berners-Lee, the British-born inventor of the World Wide Web, says
    he doesn't like to express preferences among Web browsers. But he does
    have an issue with one of them: Microsoft Corp.'s Internet
    Explorer....

    "If you look around at browsers, you'll find that most of them support
    scalable vector graphics," Berners-Lee said. "I'll let you figure out
    which one has been slow in supporting SVG."

    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine..._browsers.html

  2. Re: Creator of Web spots a flaw in Internet Explorer

    * nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > "If you look around at browsers, you'll find that most of them support
    > scalable vector graphics," Berners-Lee said. "I'll let you figure out
    > which one has been slow in supporting SVG."
    >

    > http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine..._browsers.html

    It's PNG all over again!

    --
    The flow chart is a most thoroughly oversold piece of program documentation.
    -- Frederick Brooks, "The Mythical Man Month"

  3. Re: Creator of Web spots a flaw in Internet Explorer

    Meanwhile, Microsoft is busy trying to concoct their own 'standard',
    VML.

    But, instead of adding VML support to IE alongside SVG, when Adobe's
    support ends, scalable graphics go dark on IE. Quite a bit of the SVG
    content on the Interweb is dynamically generated and its producers
    aren't going to be able to re-write apps overnight. The simplest
    solution will be to download a different browser.

    --
    Paul Hovnanian mailto:Paul@Hovnanian.com
    definition: recursion; see recursion.

  4. Re: Creator of Web spots a flaw in Internet Explorer

    "Paul Hovnanian P.E." writes:

    > Meanwhile, Microsoft is busy trying to concoct their own 'standard',
    > VML.
    >
    > But, instead of adding VML support to IE alongside SVG, when Adobe's
    > support ends, scalable graphics go dark on IE. Quite a bit of the SVG
    > content on the Interweb is dynamically generated and its producers
    > aren't going to be able to re-write apps overnight. The simplest
    > solution will be to download a different browser.

    We're still awaiting details of this "in house" CAD/CAM SW you developed
    "Open Source" in order to avoid using commercial alternatives.

    --
    - "Thats what I have been saying for 5 years. Consumers are tired, they
    want something new and more exciting."

  5. Re: Creator of Web spots a flaw in Internet Explorer

    Hadron wrote:

    > "Paul Hovnanian P.E." writes:
    >
    > > Meanwhile, Microsoft is busy trying to concoct their own 'standard',
    > > VML.
    > >
    > > But, instead of adding VML support to IE alongside SVG, when Adobe's
    > > support ends, scalable graphics go dark on IE. Quite a bit of the SVG
    > > content on the Interweb is dynamically generated and its producers
    > > aren't going to be able to re-write apps overnight. The simplest
    > > solution will be to download a different browser.

    > We're still awaiting details of this "in house" CAD/CAM SW you developed
    > "Open Source" in order to avoid using commercial alternatives.

    Good. Don't post anything else here until I answer your request.

    --
    Paul Hovnanian paul@hovnanian.com
    Have gnu, will travel.

  6. Re: Creator of Web spots a flaw in Internet Explorer

    "Paul Hovnanian P.E." writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> "Paul Hovnanian P.E." writes:
    >>
    >> > Meanwhile, Microsoft is busy trying to concoct their own 'standard',
    >> > VML.
    >> >
    >> > But, instead of adding VML support to IE alongside SVG, when Adobe's
    >> > support ends, scalable graphics go dark on IE. Quite a bit of the SVG
    >> > content on the Interweb is dynamically generated and its producers
    >> > aren't going to be able to re-write apps overnight. The simplest
    >> > solution will be to download a different browser.

    >> We're still awaiting details of this "in house" CAD/CAM SW you developed
    >> "Open Source" in order to avoid using commercial alternatives.

    > Good. Don't post anything else here until I answer your request.

    I'll take that as an admission that you were "rope-a-doped" and were
    caught out telling lies again.

    LOL. I never tire of this .signature ....

    --
    "Maybe he knows where the body is because he saw where
    it was put." -- "Rick" defending Hans Reiser (his hero) in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  7. Re: Creator of Web spots a flaw in Internet Explorer

    On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:23:12 -0700, nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:

    > Tim Berners-Lee, the British-born inventor of the World Wide Web, says
    > he doesn't like to express preferences among Web browsers. But he does
    > have an issue with one of them: Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Explorer....
    >
    > "If you look around at browsers, you'll find that most of them support
    > scalable vector graphics," Berners-Lee said. "I'll let you figure out
    > which one has been slow in supporting SVG."

    > http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/

    business/1700ap_tec_techbit_web_browsers.html

    I'd have thought Al Gore invented the WEB - after all, he invented the
    internet - we know because he told us so.

  8. Re: Creator of Web spots a flaw in Internet Explorer

    On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:03:38 -0700, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> "Paul Hovnanian P.E." writes:
    >>
    >> > Meanwhile, Microsoft is busy trying to concoct their own 'standard',
    >> > VML.
    >> >
    >> > But, instead of adding VML support to IE alongside SVG, when Adobe's
    >> > support ends, scalable graphics go dark on IE. Quite a bit of the SVG
    >> > content on the Interweb is dynamically generated and its producers
    >> > aren't going to be able to re-write apps overnight. The simplest
    >> > solution will be to download a different browser.

    >> We're still awaiting details of this "in house" CAD/CAM SW you developed
    >> "Open Source" in order to avoid using commercial alternatives.

    > Good. Don't post anything else here until I answer your request.

    a.o.l.u are still waiting for Quack to develop a Linux distribution, &
    show how it should be done. But he ran away.

+ Reply to Thread