[News] [Rival] Apple + Microsoft = Blue Screen of Death - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] Apple + Microsoft = Blue Screen of Death

    iTunes 8 causes Windows Vista problems

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Not everyone is rocking to the new iTunes 8 released Tuesday. An informal
    | poll on ZDNet suggests that a problem with the latest edition of the Apple
    | media player is affecting some, but not all, users of the software on
    | Microsoft's Windows Vista.
    `----

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-100...=2547-1_3-0-20

    Related:

    Who Knew... [Musical instruments crash]

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Who knew that even musical instruments could experience Microsoft’s Blue
    | Screen of Death. I didn’t until I went to Seattle’s Experience Music Project
    | last week.
    `----

    http://justinmaier.com/2007/08/22/who-knew/

    Running Microsoft Windows Vista 64bit and 4GB Ram

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I then ordered 4GB (2 sticks of DDR667) of ram from Newegg.com. Everything
    | arrived fine, I installed the ram which is very simple. With a D630 it
    | involves talking off the keyboard to insert the first stick and then to
    | install the second stick you just have to remove the back panel. I stuck in a
    | Microsoft Windows Vista 64bit version and started the install. Everything
    | went fine, Vista installed rather fast so I was really happy at this point.
    | It rebooted after successful install, was loading into windows and then blue
    | screened. I was devastated lol.
    `----

    http://brianleejackson.com/2007/10/2...a-and-4gb-ram/

    Windows Vista Loses Users

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Ouch. While I completely appreciate what Microsoft tries to do for me, I just
    | wish they’d listen a little more… and stop making it so darn easy for power *
    | users to slip through their fingers.
    `----

    http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/08/17/...a-loses-users/

    Trouble Shooting The Blue Screen of Death

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Fortunately since Windows 2000 this has become less of a common occurrence,
    | or so it seemed. Working late last night at a client’s office on a handful
    | of problems already, Windows Vista (Brand new machine, only a week old)
    | decided to show me otherwise. While copying some vital files to the
    | machine, it restarted windows. After a rebooting to the login screen,
    | it then repeated the process of halting and restarted, nice!
    `----

    http://www.terinea.co.uk/blogs/terin...reen-of-death/

    Would You put Your Life in Vista's Hands?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | While on a visit in Romania, where Bill Gates participated in the
    | celebration of 10 years since the Microsoft branch has been running
    | there, and the launch of Vista, declared that, with the right amount
    | of administration, the new Vista could run life support systems in
    | hospitals.
    `----

    http://www.techdo.com/would-you-put-...-vistas-hands/

    The Blue Screen of Death is Back!!!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Ok I'm going to wipe my computer and install Vista clean, and see if
    | run into the same problems. If that does not work, I will go back to XP,
    | and really start to look at getting a Mac, and I'm one of the few people
    | that don't like apple (long story, tell you about it some other time).
    `----

    http://vn21.org/2007/04/26/the-blue-...death-is-back/

    QuickTime 7, Vista, and Toshiba's Tablet PC an Example of What's Wrong with
    Computing Today

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The fact that nothing else I do will crash my system, but that locally
    | stored QuickTime movies crash it every single time tells me that the
    | problem is not with Toshiba or Intel's drivers or Microsoft's OS;
    | it's with QuickTime for Windows.
    `----

    http://lowendmac.com/fishkin/07/0410.html

    NVidia + Vista = BSOD

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It has been widely reported that Nvidia drivers are quite buggy,
    | and Nvidia themselves have a special area to deal with Vista bugs.
    `----

    Catalyst 7.3 Causes BSOD in Vista

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Looking to boost your system's performance? A driver upgrade is
    | often a great way to do it, but in the case of AMD's new Catalyst
    | 7.3 driver package for Radeon graphics cards and Windows Vista,
    | you might want to hold off before you take the plunge unless you
    | enjoy gazing at blue screens with white lettering. It's another
    | case of driver woes with the new operating system.
    `----

    http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2109559,00.asp

    Vista BSOD, Mac Pro Edition

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I attempted to install Windows Vista Ultimate on my test machine here
    | at the office last night. It's a dual-Xeon (quad core) Mac Pro tower,
    | a real beast hardware-wise, so I figured I wouldn't encounter any
    | problems.
    |
    | [BSOD]
    `----

    http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/20...bsod_mac_.html

    Windows Vista Crashing On Install

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Well i just tried installing Windows Vista after getting it from MSDN.
    | do stress TRY. It crashed on install and here is the pic of it...
    `----

    http://yuschik.blogspot.com/2006/11/...n-install.html

    http://www.tuexperto.com/?p=412

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Apple + Microsoft = Blue Screen of Death

    Steve Jobs must be rolling over in his grave.

    --
    Paul Hovnanian mailto:Paul@Hovnanian.com
    Just say 'No' to Windows.

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Apple + Microsoft = Blue Screen of Death

+ Reply to Thread