Peter KKKoalmann Runs Away - Linux

This is a discussion on Peter KKKoalmann Runs Away - Linux ; Message-ID: I myself run W2K in a virtual machine, and it is my base windows install which I use for all windows development (which now mainly is compiling and debugging on it. *Writing* the stuff is done on linux, in ...

  1. Peter KKKoalmann Runs Away

    I myself run W2K in a virtual machine, and it is my base windows install
    which I use for all windows development (which now mainly is compiling and
    debugging on it. *Writing* the stuff is done on linux, in KDevelop

    The poor WinXP laptop gets switched on very rarely, to test if all stuff
    runs OK on XP too (it *does* happen that the two react slightly different,
    and it is difficult to find and program around if they do)
    In my opinion, W2K was the best windows ever, far better than XP, and not to
    mention this garbage they named Vista

    I have done several wireless installs by now (for XP). Two of them in my own
    home, as both my wife and my daughter have XP on their laptops (my daughter
    has SuSE on her desktop system as well)

    Strange then that my windows box demands a reboot after practically *every*
    update. Even just simply *installing* software will often ask for a reboot.
    Including software from MS

    And no, this is not Win3.1
    It is WinXP SP2

    I earn *part* of my living *programming* (not using) windows
    When I am "using" an OS, it is certainly not windows

    https://www.mixmaster.it

  2. Re: Peter KKKoalmann Runs Away

    "George Orwell" stated in post
    962d1ed2a8d17f34db05f9ffb26107c5@mixmaster.it on 9/11/08 12:46 PM:

    > I myself run W2K in a virtual machine, and it is my base windows install
    > which I use for all windows development (which now mainly is compiling and
    > debugging on it. *Writing* the stuff is done on linux, in KDevelop
    >
    > The poor WinXP laptop gets switched on very rarely, to test if all stuff
    > runs OK on XP too (it *does* happen that the two react slightly different,
    > and it is difficult to find and program around if they do)
    > In my opinion, W2K was the best windows ever, far better than XP, and not to
    > mention this garbage they named Vista

    > I have done several wireless installs by now (for XP). Two of them in my own
    > home, as both my wife and my daughter have XP on their laptops (my daughter
    > has SuSE on her desktop system as well)

    > Strange then that my windows box demands a reboot after practically *every*
    > update. Even just simply *installing* software will often ask for a reboot.
    > Including software from MS
    >
    > And no, this is not Win3.1
    > It is WinXP SP2

    > I earn *part* of my living *programming* (not using) windows
    > When I am "using" an OS, it is certainly not windows
    >

    > Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this
    > non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real
    > reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an
    > di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system
    > Per maggiori informazioni |For more info
    > https://www.mixmaster.it

    Peter also runs away when asked to defend his arguing *against* me when I
    say I want to see more and higher level choices for OSS and desktop Linux.

    He gives lip service to "choice" but when the choice does not match his
    perceived needs and desires then he lashes out.

    --
    God made me an atheist - who are you to question his authority?

+ Reply to Thread