Are Linux users growing? - Linux

This is a discussion on Are Linux users growing? - Linux ; According to this chart they have grown very much in the last 8 years. - ss http://www.techcrunch.com/wp-content...-shrt-size.png...

  1. Are Linux users growing?

    According to this chart they have grown very much in the last 8 years.

    - ss

    http://www.techcrunch.com/wp-content...-shrt-size.png

  2. Re: Are Linux users growing?

    Subway steel wrote:
    > According to this chart they have grown very much in the last 8 years.

    I haven't. I stopped growing when I got to about 17.
    Don't think I've grown much in over 20 years.
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | |

  3. Re: Are Linux users growing?

    "Subway steel" schreef in bericht
    > According to this chart they have grown very much in the last 8 years.
    >
    > - ss
    >

    > http://www.techcrunch.com/wp-content...-shrt-size.png

    Sure they have:
    Take a look at the COLA loons annual gathering!
    http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorb...RTOONZ_127.JPG
    from left to right: HPT (ard) - Racine (big boobs) Schestowitz - Peter
    Kohltard - Liarnut - Sinister Maggot!

  4. Re: Are Linux users growing?

    "Andrew Halliwell" wrote in message
    > Subway steel wrote:
    >> According to this chart they have grown very much in the last 8 years.

    > I haven't. I stopped growing when I got to about 17.
    > Don't think I've grown much in over 20 years.

    From the chart in the link (
    http://www.techcrunch.com/wp-content...-shrt-size.png )
    it appears that most of the growth has been horizontal rather than vertical.

    > --
    > | spike1@freenet.co,uk | "Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
    > |
    > | Andrew Halliwell BSc |
    > |
    > | in | "I think so brain, but this time, you control
    > |
    > | Computer Science | the Encounter suit, and I'll do the
    > voice..." |

  5. Re: Are Linux users growing?

    Subway steel wrote:

    > "Andrew Halliwell" wrote in message
    >> Subway steel wrote:
    >>> According to this chart they have grown very much in the last 8 years.

    >> I haven't. I stopped growing when I got to about 17.
    >> Don't think I've grown much in over 20 years.

    > From the chart in the link (
    > http://www.techcrunch.com/wp-content...-shrt-size.png )
    > it appears that most of the growth has been horizontal rather than vertical.

    Not much here, still 32 inch waist.

    And I'm well into the age range when middle aged spread hits.

  6. Re: Are Linux users growing?

    * Subway steel peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > According to this chart they have grown very much in the last 8 years.
    >
    > - ss
    >
    > http://www.techcrunch.com/wp-content...-shrt-size.png

    May be true. But it's "Cinderella fat".

    --
    All seems condemned in the long run to approximate a state akin to
    Gaussian noise.

  7. Re: Are Linux users growing?

    * Clogwog peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > from left to right: HPT (ard) - Racine (big boobs) Schestowitz - Peter
    > Kohltard - Liarnut - Sinister Maggot!

    Clogwog -- the insanity of 7, without the humor.

    --
    When some people decide it's time for everyone to make big changes,
    it means that they want you to change first.

  8. Re: Are Linux users growing?

    On 2008-09-10, Andrew Halliwell claimed:
    > Subway steel wrote:
    >> According to this chart they have grown very much in the last 8 years.

    > I haven't. I stopped growing when I got to about 17.
    > Don't think I've grown much in over 20 years.

    I've grown around the middle. Most of it over the last 8 years.
    Coincidence?

    Despite swearing that I'd reverse my girth, the trend continues.

    --
    Exxon sponsored ecology videos, Kraft sponsored nutrition videos...
    I'd be surprised if Microsoft isn't sponsoring technology classes.

  9. Re: Are Linux users growing?

    On Sep 10, 5:38*pm, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > Subway steel wrote:
    >
    > > "Andrew Halliwell" wrote in message

    > >> I haven't. I stopped growing when I got to about 17.
    > >> Don't think I've grown much in over 20 years.

    > > From the chart in the link (
    > >http://www.techcrunch.com/wp-content...nux-t-shrt-siz...)
    > > it appears that most of the growth has been horizontal rather than vertical.

    > Not much here, still 32 inch waist.
    >
    > And I'm well into the age range when middle aged spread hits.
    > --
    > | * spi...@freenet.co.uk * | * Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a * *|
    > | * * * * * * * * * * * * *| graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit |
    > | * Andrew Halliwell BSc * | operating system originally *coded fora 4 bit |
    > | * * * * * *in * * * * * *|microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that|
    > | * * Computer Science * * | * * * *can't stand 1 bit of competition. * * * |

    This is a TYPICAL linux response. The topic is about averages and
    statistics,
    and he is looking at his belly button.

  10. Re: Are Linux users growing?

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > Not much here, still 32 inch waist.
    >
    > And I'm well into the age range when middle aged spread hits.

    Me too, but I'm still 30/31 (skinny fsck). 8)

    I run. Can do a 48 minute 10k! Not too bad...

  11. Re: Are Linux users growing?

    "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    >> Not much here, still 32 inch waist.
    >>
    >> And I'm well into the age range when middle aged spread hits.

    > This is a TYPICAL linux response. The topic is about averages and
    > statistics,
    > and he is looking at his belly button.

    In that case, bringing up linux is utterly irrelevant.
    The entire population of the united states has had an expanding waistline
    for the past 3 decades, thanks to fast food. Same thing's happening over
    here but more slowly. So windows users are getting bigger too.
    Nervous energy worrying about the next crash doesn't burn off calories.

  12. Re: Are Linux users growing?

    Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > Subway steel wrote:
    >>
    >> "Andrew Halliwell" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I haven't. I stopped growing when I got to about 17.
    >>> Don't think I've grown much in over 20 years.

    >> From the chart in the link (
    >> http://www.techcrunch.com/wp-content...-shrt-size.png )
    >> it appears that most of the growth has been horizontal rather than vertical.

    > Not much here, still 32 inch waist.
    >
    > And I'm well into the age range when middle aged spread hits.

    Look Andrew, we have had our run ins, but please think before you
    poast. Before you know it Marti and Tattoo Vampire will be popping
    around for tea and crumpet ...

    --
    "Maybe you can buy a Saturday Night Special and blow your POS brains out."
    -- Rick in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  13. Re: Are Linux users growing?

    Hadron wrote:
    >> Not much here, still 32 inch waist.
    >>
    >> And I'm well into the age range when middle aged spread hits.

    > Look Andrew, we have had our run ins, but please think before you
    > poast. Before you know it Marti and Tattoo Vampire will be popping
    > around for tea and crumpet ...

    And they'd be welcome, as long as they didn't just pop 'round on spec.
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  14. Re: Are Linux users growing?

    On 2008-09-11, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    > On Sep 10, 5:38*pm, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >> Subway steel wrote:
    >>
    >> > "Andrew Halliwell" wrote in message

    >> > From the chart in the link (
    >> >http://www.techcrunch.com/wp-content...nux-t-shrt-siz...)
    >> > it appears that most of the growth has been horizontal rather than vertical.

    >> Not much here, still 32 inch waist.
    >>
    >> And I'm well into the age range when middle aged spread hits.
    >> --
    >> | * spi...@freenet.co.uk * | * Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a * *|
    >> | * * * * * * * * * * * * *| graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit |
    >> | * Andrew Halliwell BSc * | operating system originally *coded for a 4 bit |
    >> | * * * * * *in * * * * * *|microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that|
    >> | * * Computer Science * * | * * * *can't stand 1 bit of competition. * * * |

    > This is a TYPICAL linux response. The topic is about averages and
    > statistics,
    > and he is looking at his belly button.

    If YOUR OS has you suffering panic attacks to the point where you
    are no longer capable of levity... well then that's your problem.

    --
    Apple: because TRANS.TBL is an mp3 file. It really is! |||
    / | \

  15. Re: Are Linux users growing?

    On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:13:45 +0100, Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    >>> Not much here, still 32 inch waist.
    >>>
    >>> And I'm well into the age range when middle aged spread hits.

    >> This is a TYPICAL linux response. The topic is about averages and
    >> statistics,
    >> and he is looking at his belly button.

    Except for Linonut who is looking OUT from Roy Schestowitz's Belly
    Button....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: