[News] More Qt/KDE in Maemo; Latest KDE 4.1 Comes to Gentoo - Linux

  1. [News] More Qt/KDE in Maemo; Latest KDE 4.1 Comes to Gentoo

    Having fun with qemu

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Until now I've always been using my own built Qt packages when building KDE
    | packages for maemo. Initially because the Qt packages in extras-devel where
    | missing some vital parts for KDE (mainly SSL support I think) but after that
    | because I just had them installed, and it worked. But now I wanted to change
    | this, and use the extras-devel provided Qt, as in theory that shouldn't
    | matter, after all they are build from the same sources, with nearly identical
    | configuration. As it turned out, this was actually quite a bit harder than I
    | thought it would be.
    `----

    http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3672

    An Update on the Gentoo KDE 4.1 Ebuilds

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | If you would like to take a look at what we are doing you can check out the
    | kde-testing overlay using layman, otherwise we will be working on getting KDE
    | 4.1 into the tree as soon as we can.
    `----

    http://blog.cryos.net/archives/190-A...1-Ebuilds.html

    Recent:

    KOffice on Maemo

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As KOffice is supposed to be a lightweight office suite, I figured it would
    | be nice to see how well it would run on maemo based devices. Thanks to Thomas
    | Zander who replaced a lot of the double usage in koffice with qreals it was
    | quite straightforward to get koffice to compile and packaged. Well, for the
    | most part that is, I didn't manage to get kspread to link as apparently the
    | old gcc version I'm using has some problems with inner classes in templated
    | classes and duplicate symbols. After fixing some trivial issues, I could
    | install koffice on maemo and run it...
    `----

    http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3662

    Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 107

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #107 for the week August
    | 31st - September 6th, 2008. In this issue we cover: Intrepid Alpha 5
    | released, KDE Community Stabilizes Desktop with KDE 4.1.1, KDE 4.1.1
    | available for Kubuntu 8.04, Wanted: Moderators for Ubuntu Brainstorm, Ubuntu
    | Developer Week Summary, PackageKit: Call for testing, New MOTU, Ubuntu
    | Package Status Pages, New Proposed WikiGuide page, Call for feedback on new
    | wiki theme, Ubuntu-UK podcast #13, Say Ubuntu, KDE Usability project video,
    | Atlanta Linux Fest, and much, much more!
    `----

    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue107

    Hooray, it's a 4.1.1!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | After last week's update to the KDE 3.5 series, today's KDE release updates
    | the stable KDE 4.1 branch to KDE 4.1.1. It bears the codename "Cebidae"
    | referring to an in-joke often made during Akademy 2008. With only a good
    | month of development time -- and Akademy in between -- the changelog is still
    | impressively long. Pretty much all applications have received the developers'
    | attention, resulting in a long list of bugfixes and improvements.
    `----

    http://dot.kde.org/1220442784/

  2. Re: [News] More Qt/KDE in Maemo; Latest KDE 4.1 Comes to Gentoo

    On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 18:35:57 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > An Update on the Gentoo KDE 4.1 Ebuilds

    Gentoo?
    Is that still around?
    I thought the key developers left Gentoo for cleaner waters....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  3. Re: [News] More Qt/KDE in Maemo; Latest KDE 4.1 Comes to Gentoo

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 18:35:57 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >

    >> An Update on the Gentoo KDE 4.1 Ebuilds

    > Gentoo?
    > Is that still around?
    > I thought the key developers left Gentoo for cleaner waters....

    I wonder why Spamowitz does not bore with us with OSS wonder KDE for
    Windows? it is, after all OSS.

    I guess he's just another hypocrite.

    --
    "The Linux community re-invents the wheel every month or so. The only
    problem is, their version is square"

  4. Re: [News] More Qt/KDE in Maemo; Latest KDE 4.1 Comes to Gentoo

    On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:47:54 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:
    >
    >> On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 18:35:57 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>

    >>> An Update on the Gentoo KDE 4.1 Ebuilds

    >> Gentoo?
    >> Is that still around?
    >> I thought the key developers left Gentoo for cleaner waters....

    > I wonder why Spamowitz does not bore with us with OSS wonder KDE for
    > Windows? it is, after all OSS.

    He's too busy these days *skooling* his protégé Linonut...

    > I guess he's just another hypocrite.

    Roy Schestowitz is a fake, a fraud and a phony.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/