Rebooting Windows Constantly - Linux

This is a discussion on Rebooting Windows Constantly - Linux ; nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote: > I'll do you better than that. I used DOS, but couldn't stomach what I > saw about Windows 3.1, and never used it. In 1997, I switched to > Linux and never looked back. Sure, sure...Microsoft and ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 47 of 47

  1. Re: Rebooting Windows Constantly

    nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:

    > I'll do you better than that. I used DOS, but couldn't stomach what I
    > saw about Windows 3.1, and never used it. In 1997, I switched to
    > Linux and never looked back.

    Sure, sure...Microsoft and Windows is all you can talk about on cola for the
    last few years.

  2. Re: Rebooting Windows Constantly

    JEDIDIAH wrote:

    I saw the words *honey bunny* out of you in another post. You can get
    lost now.

  3. Re: Rebooting Windows Constantly

    Windows requires more reboots than Linux.

    It is a reflection of the fact that the Microsoft programmers do not
    have control of the state of their OS, that is, a reboot is necessary
    to put the system in a known state. That in turn is a reflection of
    interdependencies of the parts of the OS that are too complicated to
    disentangle. So, we just reboot for simplicity. The design of Linux
    is cleaner, and does not require this.

  4. Re: Rebooting Windows Constantly

    nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:

    What is it with you and rebooting? Is this the best that you can do? You
    been going on about this for over a day now.

  5. Re: Rebooting Windows Constantly

    On 2008-09-11, chrisv1 wrote:
    > JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >

    > I saw the words *honey bunny* out of you in another post. You can get
    > lost now.

    Get over yourself.

    --
    OpenDoc is moot when Apple is your one stop iShop. |||
    / | \

  6. Re: Rebooting Windows Constantly

    JEDIDIAH wrote:
    > On 2008-09-11, chrisv1 wrote:
    >> JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >>

    >> I saw the words *honey bunny* out of you in another post. You can get
    >> lost now.

    > Get over yourself.

    Back at you.

  7. Re: Rebooting Windows Constantly

    On 2008-09-11, chrisv1 wrote:
    > JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >> On 2008-09-11, chrisv1 wrote:
    >>> JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >>>

    >>> I saw the words *honey bunny* out of you in another post. You can get
    >>> lost now.

    >> Get over yourself.
    >>

    > Back at you.

    I'm not the one having a coniption fit over *honey bunny*.

    --
    Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
    attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates |||

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3