  1. Smarmy Linux idiot shows his true colors

    "With so many issues causing freezing in Hardy, I wonder if there was some
    industrial-sabotage by Micro$oft cohorts." (followed by ****-eating smiley)

    #410 at
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=41

    Go "advocates*"! Blame anything and everything but the crapware.

  2. Re: Smarmy Linux idiot shows his true colors

    On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 02:21:47 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "With so many issues causing freezing in Hardy, I wonder if there was some
    > industrial-sabotage by Micro$oft cohorts." (followed by ****-eating smiley)
    >
    > #410 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=41
    >

    > Go "advocates*"! Blame anything and everything but the crapware.

    The problem with Linux advocacy is that they spend more time bringing their
    competition down than elevating their own cause, Linux.

    It's mirroring the current US presidential campaign in some respects and
    notice that the public at large is tiring of this type of tactic.

    Then you have the extreme children like Schestowitz who finds some way to
    blame Microsoft for all of Linux's failures.

    Linux is free.
    Windows is not.

    When a free product has trouble competing (desktop) with an expensive
    product, then something is seriously wrong with the free product.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  3. Re: Smarmy Linux idiot shows his true colors

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 02:21:47 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "With so many issues causing freezing in Hardy, I wonder if there was some
    >> industrial-sabotage by Micro$oft cohorts." (followed by ****-eating smiley)
    >>
    >> #410 at
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=41
    >>

    >> Go "advocates*"! Blame anything and everything but the crapware.

    > The problem with Linux advocacy is that they spend more time bringing their
    > competition down than elevating their own cause, Linux.

    how many times do we mention microsoft compared to DFS mentioning linux?
    I think you'll prolly find it's a ratio of over 20:1. That's 20 linux
    insults vs 1 microsoft one in this newsgroup from dfs alone.

    When you drag in mr quirk and YOU too, that's one hell of a lot of FUD.
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | |

  4. Re: Smarmy Linux idiot shows his true colors

    Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 02:21:47 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "With so many issues causing freezing in Hardy, I wonder if there was some
    >>> industrial-sabotage by Micro$oft cohorts." (followed by ****-eating smiley)
    >>>
    >>> #410 at
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=41
    >>>

    >>> Go "advocates*"! Blame anything and everything but the crapware.

    >> The problem with Linux advocacy is that they spend more time bringing their
    >> competition down than elevating their own cause, Linux.

    > how many times do we mention microsoft compared to DFS mentioning
    > linux?

    Who is "we"? You and "7"?

    > I think you'll prolly find it's a ratio of over 20:1. That's 20 linux
    > insults vs 1 microsoft one in this newsgroup from dfs alone.

    Either your newsreader is fecked or you're making this up.

    > When you drag in mr quirk and YOU too, that's one hell of a lot of
    > FUD.

    Please post links to these "anti linux" posts you keep referring to from
    me.

    --
    "Give it up because going on the offensive, and you are quite offensive, is
    not going to cover up your trolling and nym shifting blunders no matter now

  5. Re: Smarmy Linux idiot shows his true colors

    Hadron wrote:
    > Who is "we"? You and "7"?

    Don't ever compare me to "7".
    I slag him off as much as you lot, he's a feckin eejit.

  6. Re: Smarmy Linux idiot shows his true colors

    On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:17:13 +0100, Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > how many times do we mention microsoft compared to DFS mentioning linux?

    It's a Linux group.
    DFS is on topic mentioning Linux.

    Nice self nuke

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: Smarmy Linux idiot shows his true colors

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:17:13 +0100, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >

    >> how many times do we mention microsoft compared to DFS mentioning linux?

    > It's a Linux group.
    > DFS is on topic mentioning Linux.
    >
    > Nice self nuke

    Where's the nuke? Read the charter sometime.
    And when has he ever ADVOCATED linux?
    FUD FUD FUD, that's all he ever does.

  8. Re: Smarmy Linux idiot shows his true colors

    On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 18:52:23 +0100, Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:17:13 +0100, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >>

    >>> how many times do we mention microsoft compared to DFS mentioning linux?

    >> It's a Linux group.
    >> DFS is on topic mentioning Linux.
    >>
    >> Nice self nuke

    > Where's the nuke? Read the charter sometime.
    > And when has he ever ADVOCATED linux?
    > FUD FUD FUD, that's all he ever does.

    You didn't say advocating Linux.
    You said mentioning Linux.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Anti-Linux SCARECROW SOCK DFS rants again

    Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS
    wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    > "W

    You are just scary enough!

    You need to make your posts more scary... Look Like this...

    Boohhooo hoo hoooo!!!!

    See what I mean! I even scared myself back there!

    Go to Ubuntu forums for free tech support.

    > http://ubuntuforums.org/

    Download free Ubuntu Linux LiveCDs from here...
    http://www.ubuntu.com

  10. Re: Anti-Linux SCARECROW SOCK DFS rants again

    * 7 peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS
    > wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >
    >> "W

    > You are just scary enough!
    >
    > You need to make your posts more scary... Look Like this...
    >
    > Boohhooo hoo hoooo!!!!
    >

    > See what I mean! I even scared myself back there!

    7, although you're nuts, sometimes you're pretty funny.

    "Scarecrow". Somehow that fits.

    --
    Learn from other people's mistakes, you don't have time to make your own.

  11. Re: Anti-Linux SCARECROW SOCK DFS rants again

    7 wrote:

    Please don't get this cross posting nut started.

  12. Re: Anti-Linux SCARECROW SOCK DFS rants again

    Linonut wrote:

    > * 7 peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS wrote on behalf
    >> of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >>
    >>> "W

    >> You are just scary enough!
    >>
    >> You need to make your posts more scary... Look Like this...
    >>
    >> Boohhooo hoo hoooo!!!!
    >>

    >> See what I mean! I even scared myself back there!

    > 7, although you're nuts, sometimes you're pretty funny.
    >
    > "Scarecrow". Somehow that fits.

    I've never had a problem with 7. He's not perfect, but who is? He's
    head and shoulders above the immoral Wintrolling scum, that's for sure...

  13. Re: Anti-Linux SCARECROW SOCK DFS rants again

    7 wrote:

    > Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS
    > wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >
    > > "W

    > You are just scary enough!

    Scary in that someone in the real world might actually pay this guy to
    work with a computer.

    I mean, I've installed and used Windows and never had any problems with
    it doing simple things. Its when I need to do something that taxes a
    typical system that it falls on its face. Then I switch to Linux.

    DuFuS can't seem to get as far as the average PC user does. I've seen
    technological illiterates shove a live CD in a system and boot Ubuntu
    (or other distros). And they thought it was cool. Granted, those that
    grew up with a 'Start' button in the lower left corner do get
    frustrated. But someone who can't even get that far is a joke. That's
    not scary, that's sad.

    --
    Paul Hovnanian paul@hovnanian.com
    Have gnu, will travel.

  14. Re: Anti-Linux SCARECROW SOCK DFS rants again

    "Paul Hovnanian P.E." writes:

    > 7 wrote:
    >>
    >> Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS
    >> wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >>
    >> > "W

    >> You are just scary enough!

    > Scary in that someone in the real world might actually pay this guy to
    > work with a computer.
    >
    > I mean, I've installed and used Windows and never had any problems with
    > it doing simple things. Its when I need to do something that taxes a
    > typical system that it falls on its face. Then I switch to Linux.

    Please list these things it falls over on when you, the great Paul
    Hovnanian, go to work.

    > DuFuS can't seem to get as far as the average PC user does. I've seen
    > technological illiterates shove a live CD in a system and boot Ubuntu
    > (or other distros). And they thought it was cool. Granted, those that
    > grew up with a 'Start' button in the lower left corner do get
    > frustrated. But someone who can't even get that far is a joke. That's
    > not scary, that's sad.

    What are you talking about?

    --
    "Yes, I am a nymshifting troll. I used to be called Rafael, but since the operation I prefer to be called Robin T Cox."
    High Plains Shifter, COLA.

  15. Re: Anti-Linux SCARECROW SOCK DFS rants again

    Hadron wrote:

    > "Paul Hovnanian P.E." writes:
    >
    > > 7 wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS

    > >> You are just scary enough!

    > > Scary in that someone in the real world might actually pay this guy to
    > > work with a computer.
    > >
    > > I mean, I've installed and used Windows and never had any problems with
    > > it doing simple things. Its when I need to do something that taxes a
    > > typical system that it falls on its face. Then I switch to Linux.

    > Please list these things it falls over on when you, the great Paul
    > Hovnanian, go to work.

    Well, there was the time I was running a knowledge acquisition system on
    my Linux desktop at Boeing. A Dell 166 Mhz. I needed to fetch a few
    thousand engineering documents off of an IIS server, parse them with a
    natural language recognition app and populate an Oracle database (hosted
    elsewhere). So I wrote a little perl script to automate the process.
    About half an hour into the work, the sys admin for the NT server (a 4
    processor Compaq) came running down the aisle looking for me. He told be
    that my program was fetching documents too fast for his server to keep
    up.

    All the while I was using the same desktop to surf the web, post
    annoying little messages to groups like this about how great Linux is,
    etc.

    --
    Paul Hovnanian mailto:Paul@Hovnanian.com
    You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the

  16. Re: Anti-Linux SCARECROW SOCK DFS rants again

    On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 17:00:37 -0700, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

    > Well, there was the time I was running a knowledge acquisition system on
    > my Linux desktop at Boeing. A Dell 166 Mhz. I needed to fetch a few
    > thousand engineering documents off of an IIS server, parse them with a
    > natural language recognition app and populate an Oracle database (hosted
    > elsewhere). So I wrote a little perl script to automate the process.
    > About half an hour into the work, the sys admin for the NT server (a 4
    > processor Compaq) came running down the aisle looking for me. He told be
    > that my program was fetching documents too fast for his server to keep
    > up.

    You didn't give it all away to Roy Schestowitz did you?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  17. Re: Anti-Linux SCARECROW SOCK DFS rants again

    "Paul Hovnanian P.E." writes:

    > Hadron wrote:

    >> > Scary in that someone in the real world might actually pay this guy to
    >> > work with a computer.
    >> >
    >> > I mean, I've installed and used Windows and never had any problems with
    >> > it doing simple things. Its when I need to do something that taxes a
    >> > typical system that it falls on its face. Then I switch to Linux.

    >> Please list these things it falls over on when you, the great Paul
    >> Hovnanian, go to work.

    > Well, there was the time I was running a knowledge acquisition system on
    > my Linux desktop at Boeing. A Dell 166 Mhz. I needed to fetch a few
    > thousand engineering documents off of an IIS server, parse them with a
    > natural language recognition app and populate an Oracle database (hosted
    > elsewhere). So I wrote a little perl script to automate the process.
    > About half an hour into the work, the sys admin for the NT server (a 4
    > processor Compaq) came running down the aisle looking for me. He told be
    > that my program was fetching documents too fast for his server to keep
    > up.

    Aha. So you wrote a naive app which tried to drown the pipe. Nice.

    Your fault.

    > All the while I was using the same desktop to surf the web, post
    > annoying little messages to groups like this about how great Linux is,
    > etc.

    Better to spend your time working out how to write a real application
    which interacts correctly with the running system

    Hint : I use Unison to sync various machines. It kills the master
    machine each and every time. However a nice app and highly recommended.

    --
    "My college theater antics were the inspiration for Robin
    Williams' character on Mork & Mindy"

  18. Re: Anti-Linux SCARECROW SOCK DFS rants again

    * Paul Hovnanian P.E. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> "Paul Hovnanian P.E." writes:
    >> >
    >> > I mean, I've installed and used Windows and never had any problems with
    >> > it doing simple things. Its when I need to do something that taxes a
    >> > typical system that it falls on its face. Then I switch to Linux.

    >> Please list these things it falls over on when you, the great Paul
    >> Hovnanian, go to work.

    > Well, there was the time I was running a knowledge acquisition system on
    > my Linux desktop at Boeing. A Dell 166 Mhz. I needed to fetch a few
    > thousand engineering documents off of an IIS server, parse them with a
    > natural language recognition app and populate an Oracle database (hosted
    > elsewhere). So I wrote a little perl script to automate the process.
    > About half an hour into the work, the sys admin for the NT server (a 4
    > processor Compaq) came running down the aisle looking for me. He told be
    > that my program was fetching documents too fast for his server to keep
    > up.
    >
    > All the while I was using the same desktop to surf the web, post
    > annoying little messages to groups like this about how great Linux is,
    > etc.

    If I access peer-to-peer or start multiple downloads on my Linux box at
    home, I get my wife coming out of the room where her computer sits,
    complaining. It didn't take her long to automatically assume it was me
    taking up the bandwidth.

    And after all, the NT TCP/IP has been shown to be only 64% as fast as
    the Linux TCP/IP stack under heavy usage conditions.

    --
    On-line, adj.:
    The idea that a human being should always be accessible to a computer.

  19. Re: Anti-Linux SCARECROW SOCK DFS rants again

    Hadron wrote:

    > "Paul Hovnanian P.E." writes:
    >
    > > Hadron wrote:

    > >> Please list these things it falls over on when you, the great Paul
    > >> Hovnanian, go to work.

    > > Well, there was the time I was running a knowledge acquisition system on
    > > my Linux desktop at Boeing. A Dell 166 Mhz. I needed to fetch a few
    > > thousand engineering documents off of an IIS server, parse them with a
    > > natural language recognition app and populate an Oracle database (hosted
    > > elsewhere). So I wrote a little perl script to automate the process.
    > > About half an hour into the work, the sys admin for the NT server (a 4
    > > processor Compaq) came running down the aisle looking for me. He told be
    > > that my program was fetching documents too fast for his server to keep
    > > up.

    > Aha. So you wrote a naive app which tried to drown the pipe. Nice.
    >
    > Your fault.
    >

    > > All the while I was using the same desktop to surf the web, post
    > > annoying little messages to groups like this about how great Linux is,
    > > etc.

    > Better to spend your time working out how to write a real application
    > which interacts correctly with the running system

    Why? Can't IIS handle a simple http GET?

    BTW, I seem to have knocked this site off line:

    http://search.leg.wa.gov/pub/textsearch/default.asp

    ..asp <= That would be an IIS thing, right?

    --
    Paul Hovnanian mailto:Paul@Hovnanian.com
    "There's something vewy scwewy going on awound here." -- Elmer Fudd

  20. Re: Anti-Linux SCARECROW SOCK DFS rants again

    Linonut wrote:

    > * Paul Hovnanian P.E. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    > > Hadron wrote:

    > >> Please list these things it falls over on when you, the great Paul
    > >> Hovnanian, go to work.

    > > Well, there was the time I was running a knowledge acquisition system on
    > > my Linux desktop at Boeing. A Dell 166 Mhz. I needed to fetch a few
    > > thousand engineering documents off of an IIS server, parse them with a
    > > natural language recognition app and populate an Oracle database (hosted
    > > elsewhere). So I wrote a little perl script to automate the process.
    > > About half an hour into the work, the sys admin for the NT server (a 4
    > > processor Compaq) came running down the aisle looking for me. He told be
    > > that my program was fetching documents too fast for his server to keep
    > > up.
    > >
    > > All the while I was using the same desktop to surf the web, post
    > > annoying little messages to groups like this about how great Linux is,
    > > etc.

    > If I access peer-to-peer or start multiple downloads on my Linux box at
    > home, I get my wife coming out of the room where her computer sits,
    > complaining. It didn't take her long to automatically assume it was me
    > taking up the bandwidth.
    >
    > And after all, the NT TCP/IP has been shown to be only 64% as fast as
    > the Linux TCP/IP stack under heavy usage conditions.

    I think I was pulling documents off the NT server fast enough that NT
    couldn't release a lock on them. From what I understood, other users
    were complaining that they couldn't access the documents.

    I don't think it was network bandwidth as I was surfing the web while
    keeping one eye on the logs scrolling by.

    --
    Paul Hovnanian mailto:Paul@Hovnanian.com
    2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast