Time for CLOSE_WAIT state - Linux

This is a discussion on Time for CLOSE_WAIT state - Linux ; Hi All, Which is the corresponding parameter for which time of CLOSE_WAIT state can be controlled? Thanks in advance. -A...

  1. Time for CLOSE_WAIT state

    Hi All,
    Which is the corresponding parameter for which time of CLOSE_WAIT
    state can be controlled?
    Thanks in advance.
    -A

  2. Re: Time for CLOSE_WAIT state

    arnab writes:
    > Which is the corresponding parameter for which time of CLOSE_WAIT
    > state can be controlled?

    There is none. A connection enters CLOSE-WAIT state when a FIN has
    been received from remote and stays there until the connection is
    closed locally, too.

  3. Re: Time for CLOSE_WAIT state

    On Sep 9, 6:16*pm, Rainer Weikusat wrote:
    > arnab writes:
    > > Which is the corresponding parameter for which time of CLOSE_WAIT
    > > state can be controlled?

    > There is none. A connection enters CLOSE-WAIT state when a FIN has
    > been received from remote and stays there until the connection is
    > closed locally, too.

    There is something called tcp_close_wait_interval in Solaris,so we
    don't have anything similar in Linux ?
    Thanks
    -A

  4. Re: Time for CLOSE_WAIT state

    arnab writes:
    > On Sep 9, 6:16*pm, Rainer Weikusat wrote:
    >> arnab writes:
    >> > Which is the corresponding parameter for which time of CLOSE_WAIT
    >> > state can be controlled?

    >> There is none. A connection enters CLOSE-WAIT state when a FIN has
    >> been received from remote and stays there until the connection is
    >> closed locally, too.

    > There is something called tcp_close_wait_interval in Solaris,so we
    > don't have anything similar in Linux ?

    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CLOSE-WAIT TIMER. RTFM RFC793

  5. Re: Time for CLOSE_WAIT state

    On Sep 9, 6:27*am, arnab wrote:

    > There is something called tcp_close_wait_interval in Solaris,so we
    > don't have anything similar in Linux ?

    The 'tcp_close_wait_interval' setting in Solaris never had anything to
    do with the CLOSE_WAIT state. The 'tcp_close_wait_interval' tunes how
    long to wait for the other end to close, which is associated with the
    TIME_WAIT state.

    http://www.sean.de/Solaris/soltune.h..._wait_interval

    DS

  6. Re: Time for CLOSE_WAIT state

    On Sep 10, 2:00*am, David Schwartz wrote:
    > On Sep 9, 6:27*am, arnab wrote:
    >
    > > There is something called tcp_close_wait_interval in Solaris,so we
    > > don't have anything similar in Linux ?

    > The 'tcp_close_wait_interval' setting in Solaris never had anything to
    > do with the CLOSE_WAIT state. The 'tcp_close_wait_interval' tunes how
    > long to wait for the other end to close, which is associated with the
    > TIME_WAIT state.

    I think this is the most confusing stuff in TCP-IP state diagram ! I
    had tried to dig more, but now out of focus !
    > http://www.sean.de/Solaris/soltune.h..._wait_interval

    > DS

    -Raxit

+ Reply to Thread