Re: [Rival] Microsoft Shill Attacks Apple - Linux

  1. Re: [Rival] Microsoft Shill Attacks Apple

    On Sep 8, 12:51 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:

    > One Bad Apple
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | A former lieutenant of Steve Jobs's once told me something surprising about
    > | his ex-boss. "Steve is a monopolist at heart," he said. "He's just likeBill
    > | Gates. He just hasn't been as successful." Well, Jobs is getting there.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.newsweek.com/id/157545/

    Here is PJ's commentary on the latest from "Fake Steve Jobs":

    What a coincidence. Just as Psystar launches its antitrust
    counterclaim, here comes Dan Lyons with supportive media stuff,
    claiming Apple is becoming a monopoly. Anyone want to bet that his
    articles will show up in the court case? Some of us remember the SCO
    saga and how Lyons' coverage of SCO's claims were used. If you'd like
    to see the ad that Apple can't run in the UK, here it is in its, to
    me, innocuous totality.

    http://www.groklaw.net/

    PJ has a link to the ad banned in the UK, but I couldn't make it work.

    This is some more of the same Microsoft propaganda strategy: What
    we do is not so bad, everyone else does it, too.

    Apple's not perfect by any means, but I never heard the attorney
    general of any state refer to Apple by saying, This is not a company
    that appears to be bothered by ethical boundaries.

    First Thurrott, now Lyons. Funny how they start squawking just as
    the $300 Million anti-Apple ad campaign begins. How much of that $300
    Million do you suppose they got? Want to bet others will start piping
    up soon?

  2. Re: [Rival] Microsoft Shill Attacks Apple

    ____/ nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu on Monday 08 September 2008 20:27 : \____

    > On Sep 8, 12:51 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    > wrote:

  3. Re: [Rival] Microsoft Shill Attacks Apple

    In article
    ,
    "nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu" wrote:
    > Here is PJ's commentary on the latest from "Fake Steve Jobs":
    >

    > What a coincidence. Just as Psystar launches its antitrust
    > counterclaim, here comes Dan Lyons with supportive media stuff,
    > claiming Apple is becoming a monopoly. Anyone want to bet that his
    > articles will show up in the court case? Some of us remember the SCO
    > saga and how Lyons' coverage of SCO's claims were used. If you'd like
    > to see the ad that Apple can't run in the UK, here it is in its, to
    > me, innocuous totality.
    >

    > http://www.groklaw.net/

    Isn't an antitrust counterclaim pretty standard when one is sued over
    cloning someone else's product?

    > First Thurrott, now Lyons. Funny how they start squawking just as
    > the $300 Million anti-Apple ad campaign begins. How much of that $300
    > Million do you suppose they got? Want to bet others will start piping
    > up soon?

    Do you think maybe Microsoft is donating to the FSF, too? The FSF has
    been strongly complaining about iPhone recently, even going so far as to
    launch a DOS attack against Apple customers who were seeking service.

    Come to think of it, Roy has made a lot of claims against Apple, too.
    Think Microsoft is funding him?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  4. Re: [Rival] Microsoft Shill Attacks Apple

    On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 16:36:12 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article
    > ,
    > "nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu" wrote:
    >> Here is PJ's commentary on the latest from "Fake Steve Jobs":
    >>

    >> What a coincidence. Just as Psystar launches its antitrust
    >> counterclaim, here comes Dan Lyons with supportive media stuff,
    >> claiming Apple is becoming a monopoly. Anyone want to bet that his
    >> articles will show up in the court case? Some of us remember the SCO
    >> saga and how Lyons' coverage of SCO's claims were used. If you'd like
    >> to see the ad that Apple can't run in the UK, here it is in its, to
    >> me, innocuous totality.
    >>

    >> http://www.groklaw.net/

    > Isn't an antitrust counterclaim pretty standard when one is sued over
    > cloning someone else's product?
    >
    >> First Thurrott, now Lyons. Funny how they start squawking just as
    >> the $300 Million anti-Apple ad campaign begins. How much of that $300
    >> Million do you suppose they got? Want to bet others will start piping
    >> up soon?

    > Do you think maybe Microsoft is donating to the FSF, too? The FSF has
    > been strongly complaining about iPhone recently, even going so far as to
    > launch a DOS attack against Apple customers who were seeking service.
    >
    > Come to think of it, Roy has made a lot of claims against Apple, too.
    > Think Microsoft is funding him?

    Some people do believe that Roy Schestowitz is being funded by Microsoft to
    be a reverse troll.
    He certainly does Linux no good, at least for the most part.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: [Rival] Microsoft Shill Attacks Apple

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 16:36:12 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> In article
    >> ,
    >> "nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu" wrote:
    >>> Here is PJ's commentary on the latest from "Fake Steve Jobs":
    >>>

    >>> What a coincidence. Just as Psystar launches its antitrust
    >>> counterclaim, here comes Dan Lyons with supportive media stuff,
    >>> claiming Apple is becoming a monopoly. Anyone want to bet that his
    >>> articles will show up in the court case? Some of us remember the SCO
    >>> saga and how Lyons' coverage of SCO's claims were used. If you'd like
    >>> to see the ad that Apple can't run in the UK, here it is in its, to
    >>> me, innocuous totality.

    >>> http://www.groklaw.net/

    >> Isn't an antitrust counterclaim pretty standard when one is sued over
    >> cloning someone else's product?
    >>
    >>> First Thurrott, now Lyons. Funny how they start squawking just as
    >>> the $300 Million anti-Apple ad campaign begins. How much of that $300
    >>> Million do you suppose they got? Want to bet others will start piping
    >>> up soon?

    >> Do you think maybe Microsoft is donating to the FSF, too? The FSF has
    >> been strongly complaining about iPhone recently, even going so far as to
    >> launch a DOS attack against Apple customers who were seeking service.
    >>
    >> Come to think of it, Roy has made a lot of claims against Apple, too.
    >> Think Microsoft is funding him?

    > Some people do believe that Roy Schestowitz is being funded by Microsoft to
    > be a reverse troll.

    High Plains Hypocrite , chrisv (the real one) and Tattoo Wigwearer are
    most definitely "reverse trolls". Their incompetence and generally vile
    language makes Linux users look like a bunch of dirty, ignorant fanboyz
    who only use Linux to get one up on the mainstream and to be able to
    crow "look at me, I'm different" from the depths of their mommies
    basements. I wonder which MS employee had to go visit them and buy them
    off? Yuck! Mind you I suppose a 12 pack of Jolt cola and a 10% discount
    at Apache Pizza seems like the big time to them.

    > He certainly does Linux no good, at least for the most part.

    I suspect he was a bit more expensive to win over as a reverse
    troll. They had to factor in Liarnut's doggy drops.

    --
    This year with the release of XP, they are actually behind. The end days
    are near for the BIOS reading inferior OS. It is inevitable.

  6. Re: [Rival] Microsoft Shill Attacks Apple

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 02:23:37 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:
    >
    >> On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 16:36:12 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article
    >>> ,

    >>> Isn't an antitrust counterclaim pretty standard when one is sued over
    >>> cloning someone else's product?

    >>> Do you think maybe Microsoft is donating to the FSF, too? The FSF has
    >>> been strongly complaining about iPhone recently, even going so far as to
    >>> launch a DOS attack against Apple customers who were seeking service.
    >>>
    >>> Come to think of it, Roy has made a lot of claims against Apple, too.
    >>> Think Microsoft is funding him?

    >> Some people do believe that Roy Schestowitz is being funded by Microsoft to
    >> be a reverse troll.

    > High Plains Hypocrite , chrisv (the real one) and Tattoo Wigwearer are
    > most definitely "reverse trolls". Their incompetence and generally vile
    > language makes Linux users look like a bunch of dirty, ignorant fanboyz
    > who only use Linux to get one up on the mainstream and to be able to
    > crow "look at me, I'm different" from the depths of their mommies
    > basements. I wonder which MS employee had to go visit them and buy them
    > off? Yuck! Mind you I suppose a 12 pack of Jolt cola and a 10% discount
    > at Apache Pizza seems like the big time to them.

    I always kind of assumed that those people were just a pack of morons.
    They sure seem that way.

    >> He certainly does Linux no good, at least for the most part.

    > I suspect he was a bit more expensive to win over as a reverse
    > troll. They had to factor in Liarnut's doggy drops.

    One person emailed me and pointed out exactly what Tim was saying, despite
    Tim being sarcastic (i think?). IOW Schestowitz really seems to follow what
    Microsoft vs Apple is doing and acts the fool on behalf of Linux but at the
    same time hitting on Apple.
    Seems like quite a coincidence to me.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: [Rival] Microsoft Shill Attacks Apple

    > Do you think maybe Microsoft is donating to the FSF, too? The FSF has
    > been strongly complaining about iPhone recently, even going so far as to
    > launch a DOS attack against Apple customers who were seeking service.

    Are you accusing the FSF of cyber-terrorism?

    Who's wearing the tin-foil hat now?

    You loony!!!

    --
    Oh wearisome condition of humanity!