[News] MythDora GNU/Linux Gets Praised for Ease and Quality - Linux

  1. [News] MythDora GNU/Linux Gets Praised for Ease and Quality

    MythTV Distro Roundup - Part 3: MythDora

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Overall I loved the system. It's dead easy to setup, easy to use, and very
    | flexible and expandable. If you ask which of the three distros I liked best,
    | that would depend on what kind of person was using them (ie, newbie vs.
    | experienced user) and how much they wanted to tinker. For the new user,
    | MythDora is the king all the way. For hackability, tweakability, and just
    | plain old uber geeky fiddling, I'd say MythBuntu. And if you're a pioneer
    | who likes to work with young distros or projects that are just getting off
    | the ground, KnoppMyth would be the one for you.
    |
    | And that brings us to the end of our roundup, since these are really the only
    | mainstream MythTV distros available right now. There are others, but given
    | none that are classified as actual "distros" just yet, we'll be stopping
    | here. In the future, we'll keep looking at more as soon as they become
    | available.
    `----

    http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=460

    Recent:

    Upgrading to Mythdora 5.0

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | There are other great features, some of which I have yet to figure out how to
    | take advantage of. To see them, see the release notes. I wish I had taken
    | some before and after screenshots of Mythweb, the plugin that lets you manage
    | most of MythTV’s features over the web. It has REALLY been improved. Here’s a
    | really good example of how it looks now. Before for the videos your recorded,
    | it would just show a small thumbnail, now, if you click on the recorded show,
    | you get a plethora of information (and it looks neat too!)
    |
    | Overall I was VERY happy with the great job the Mythdora team did on this
    | release. The upgrade went very smoothly and the new features are working very
    | well.
    `----

    http://server.ericsbinaryworld.com/b...o-mythdora-50/

    Related:

    MythDora 5.0

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | MythDora 5.0 is finally here. It's based on Fedora 8 along with MythTV-0.21.
    `----

    http://www.g-ding.tv/?q=node/3233

    Pre-build MythTV Linux PVR eats Windows MCE for breakfast

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Basically this is an unpack-and-plug-in solution to your media
    | streaming/live TV pausing/scheduled recording needs. *Yes, you
    | could build your own Linux box and install MythTV, but this saves
    | you all the effort, is cheaper than a Windows Media Centre and
    | gives you access to a vast range of fan-programmed add-ons.
    `----

    http://www.slashgear.com/pre-build-m...ast-152985.php

    Linux as a Media Centre

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As far as comparing Mythtv to Windows Media Centre, there is really
    | no comparison, Mythtv is in a class of its own and puts WMC to shame
    | in almost every department possible. This is the sort of application
    | that could introduce Linux to many new users and households. Well done
    | Isaac and the rest of the team, keep up the good work.
    `----

    http://www.linuxforums.org/multimedi...a_centre.html?

  2. Re: [News] MythDora GNU/Linux Gets Praised for Ease and Quality

    On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 19:01:53 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > MythTV Distro Roundup - Part 3: MythDora
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Overall I loved the system. It's dead easy to setup, easy to use, and very
    >| flexible and expandable. If you ask which of the three distros I liked best,

    What about the other 487+ plus Linux distributions?
    Why are those being ignored?
    What if I like one of them?
    Do I have to spend a month attempting to get MythTV working from scratch?
    Doesn't seem fair.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  3. Re: [News] MythDora GNU/Linux Gets Praised for Ease and Quality

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 19:01:53 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >

    >> MythTV Distro Roundup - Part 3: MythDora
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Overall I loved the system. It's dead easy to setup, easy to use, and very
    >>| flexible and expandable. If you ask which of the three distros I liked best,

    > What about the other 487+ plus Linux distributions?
    > Why are those being ignored?
    > What if I like one of them?
    > Do I have to spend a month attempting to get MythTV working from scratch?
    > Doesn't seem fair.

    I bet it would work "to a degree" for Liarnut!

    --
    - "Actually XP *is* getting press, but most of it is along the lines of
    "we're going to wait and see", in other words not very good."

  4. Re: [News] MythDora GNU/Linux Gets Praised for Ease and Quality

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 00:22:48 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:
    >
    >> On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 19:01:53 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>

    >>> MythTV Distro Roundup - Part 3: MythDora
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]

    >> What about the other 487+ plus Linux distributions?
    >> Why are those being ignored?
    >> What if I like one of them?
    >> Do I have to spend a month attempting to get MythTV working from scratch?
    >> Doesn't seem fair.

    > I bet it would work "to a degree" for Liarnut!

    Of course it would!
    Why?
    Because "Roy Schestowitz" says so.
    --