Norman Matloff tells what's wrong with the H-1B visa program.

,----[ Quote ]
| Pet Peeve (technology edition): "Everybody ought to use Linux." (Windows gets
| in his way.)
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/...intsrc=kc_feat

Recent:

Open source developers face H1-B visa puzzle

,----[ Quote ]
| Many very capable open source developers don’t have a college degree and the
| program does not easily accommodate them.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/...urce-h1-b.html

Bill Gates to address Senate panel

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates is scheduled to descend on Capitol Hill
| next week to pepper a U.S. Senate committee with his suggestions for
| boosting American competitiveness.
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10796_3-616...0-20&subj=news

Study: There Is No Shortage of U.S. Engineers

,----[ Quote ]
| ...a new study from Duke University calls this argument bunk, stating
| that there is no shortage of engineers in the United States, and
| that offshoring is all about cost savings.
`----

Is There a Shortage of U.S. Tech Workers?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/car...le.php/3667376