"Bad Guys," "People who lie and lie and lie" - Linux

This is a discussion on "Bad Guys," "People who lie and lie and lie" - Linux ; (Thurrot, re Apple-Microsoft ad wars) Was Thurrott addressing the US Department of Justice, who convinced the US District Court to convict Microsoft as a monopolist obstructing competition? Was he defending Microsoft from “bad guy” complaints raised by a number of ...

  1. "Bad Guys," "People who lie and lie and lie"

    (Thurrot, re Apple-Microsoft ad wars)

    Was Thurrott addressing the US Department of Justice, who convinced
    the US District Court to convict Microsoft as a monopolist obstructing
    competition? Was he defending Microsoft from “bad guy” complaints
    raised by a number of US states which successfully presented a case
    that the company was cheating customers? Were the “bad guys” European
    Union regulators who insisted Microsoft not use Windows as a way to
    force PC makers to bundle Windows Media Player? Or how about Iowa,
    which sued Microsoft for falsely advertising that PCs that could not
    really not run Vista were “Vista capable”? ...

    Thurrott is attacking Apple and Mac users (“They’re bad people,” he
    wrote, “They’re people who lie and lie and lie, and the fanatics just
    suck it up.”) because Apple’s “Get a Mac” ads have played on the fact
    that Windows Vista is plagued with problems from being slow to not
    working with a lot of users’ existing hardware and software to not
    delivering the same level of real world security for users as Mac OS X
    Leopard.

    Is Steve Ballmer a “bad person” for saying Apple’s market share is
    less than Microsoft’s, or is it only really bad when he lies about
    Zune market share or misrepresents Windows Mobile’s market share as
    being far higher than it ever was or will be?...

    The real secret behind-the-scenes maneuvering in the tech world comes
    from Microsoft, which has ghost written a blizzard of white papers and
    surveys that attempt to point out that users are simply wrong and that
    Vista’s problems are the fault of those pointing them out, and that
    free software costs more than expensive software, and that Vista PCs
    with a reduced security crisis are less vulnerable than Macs with no
    security crisis. [Mojave deceptions...]

    If Mojave’s false pretense sounds like “bad guy” behavior, it’s
    nothing in comparison to the astroturf (fake grassroots populist
    efforts) Microsoft paid Ralph Reed to orchestrate during the monopoly
    trial, where supposedly upset citizens, some of whom were actually
    dead, filed complaints with the DoJ on Microsoft’s behalf.

    And what about the professional looking woman that Microsoft presented
    as a real life “Mac to PC convert,” only to later admit that the
    “person” had been constructed by professionally written ad copy paired
    with stock photography?...

    Microsoft is also tasked with ensuring that all of the Wikipedia
    articles related to its products are stripped of significant criticism
    and any pestilent, unflattering facts. While Apple product pages are
    dominated by a discussion of petty or imagined criticisms, Microsoft’s
    have frequently spun serious criticism off into separate articles that
    Microsoft’s Wikipedians do their best to hide.

    The judge presiding over the monopoly trial wrote that Microsoft’s
    executives “proved, time and time again, to be inaccurate, misleading,
    evasive, and transparently false. [...] Microsoft is a company with an
    institutional disdain for both the truth and for rules of law that
    lesser entities must respect. It is also a company whose senior
    management is not averse to offering specious testimony to support
    spurious defenses to claims of its wrongdoing.”

    Minnesota Attorney General Mike Hatch called Microsoft’s astroturf
    campaign “sleazy,” saying, “This is not a company that appears to be
    bothered by ethical boundaries.”

    http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...ads/#more-2385

  2. Re: "Bad Guys," "People who lie and lie and lie"

  3. Re: "Bad Guys," "People who lie and lie and lie"

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 06:40:14 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ High Plains Thumper on Saturday 13 September 2008 03:52 : \____
    >
    >> I put little credence in what Tim posts. *He is just another shill.

    > The sicko is keeping track of my IRC logs. If he isn't hired to do that, he
    > seriously needs to get a life.

    You're a complete joke Roy Schestowitz.

    You spend 24x7 sitting in a dorm room spewing your garbage to every corner
    of the net and you accuse others of needing to get a life?

    You really should take a look at your own pathetic self Racine....

    And just so you know, there isn't a single person in COLA, on digg, or on
    Propeller who doesn't believe you are getting compensated for your
    *efforts*.
    Most won't admit it because it would be bad for the cause, but they know
    it's true.
    You've lied so many times and gotten caught that you really amount to a big
    nothing.
    Go see a head doctor before you mentally implode, Roy Schestowitz.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  4. Re: "Bad Guys," "People who lie and lie and lie"

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper on Saturday :
    >
    >> I put little credence in what Tim posts. He is just another
    >> shill.

    > The sicko is keeping track of my IRC logs. If he isn't hired
    > to do that, he seriously needs to get a life.

    He is a piece of work, isn't he? When his distortions and
    misrepresentation of the facts are debunked, he usually runs away.

    --
    HPT

  5. Re: "Bad Guys," "People who lie and lie and lie"

    * High Plains Thumper peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> You really should take a look at your own pathetic self
    >>> Racine....

    >> well, flatfish, a software thief like you is looking always
    >> pathetic

    > It is rather sad that he must denigrate Linux advocates by
    > accusing them of homosexual acts. Here is an example of Moshe
    > AKA Flatfish in action:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/6sb2g5

    Even worse is this obviously fake, and /foul/ post attributed to
    Roy/Racine.

    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...1abd2d6d85fdb6

    Unbelievable.

    Then look at the "profile" link on that sick post.

    And then Moshe has the nerve to make us "worry" about getting pennies
    for posting?

    Roy should be getting a hefty libel settlement!

    --
    A journey of a thousand miles starts under one's feet.
    -- Lao Tsu

  6. Re: "Bad Guys," "People who lie and lie and lie"

    Linonut wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper fired off:
    >> Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    >>> well, flatfish, a software thief like you is looking
    >>> always pathetic

    >> It is rather sad that he must denigrate Linux advocates by
    >> accusing them of homosexual acts. Here is an example of
    >> Moshe AKA Flatfish in action:
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/6sb2g5

    > Even worse is this obviously fake, and /foul/ post attributed
    > to Roy/Racine.
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...1abd2d6d85fdb6
    >
    > Unbelievable.
    >
    > Then look at the "profile" link on that sick post.
    >
    > And then Moshe has the nerve to make us "worry" about getting
    > pennies for posting?
    >
    > Roy should be getting a hefty libel settlement!

    Best of all, here is an example of:

    45. Criticize Linux Advocates but ignore anti-Linux
    propagandist transgressions. Always criticize the behavior of
    Linux Advocates, but, ignore the same and even worse
    transgressions are being committed by your fellow trespassers.
    Within that same thread by you-know-who:

    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...1abd2d6d85fdb6

    or http://tinyurl.com/3kqx4c

    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.politics.homosexuality,
    alt.bible, alt.personals.transgendered, alt.fan.madonna
    From: Hadron
    Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 12:32:31 +0100
    Subject: Re: My Marriage To Mark Kent -> My Castration Update #3.

    Roy Schestowitz writes:
    > Ignore the libellous drivel. roy.schestow...@yahoo.com is a
    > fake account used by someone called Gary Stewart to spread
    > slander about me.

    Surely without proof you stating this is also slander? Just who
    is this Gary Stewart you keep waffling on about? Grow up kid.
    Hadron completely ignores Flatfish's nymstealing and libel, then
    homes on this one issue, simply amazing.

    --
    HPT

  7. Re: "Bad Guys," "People who lie and lie and lie"

    * High Plains Thumper peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Hadron completely ignores Flatfish's nymstealing and libel, then
    > homes on this one issue, simply amazing.

    Here's Hadrone's algorithm for responding to posts:

    1. Is the poster posting something positive about Linux or a Linux
    advocate? If not, goto 2.

    a. Is the poster not Linonut? Then go to b.
    Otherwise, insert "Liarnut". Insert some derogatory reference
    to Linonut's computing prowess that so irritates Hadrone. Then
    go to b.

    b. Insert an insult.

    c. Make up some stuff about what the poster had written.

    d. Insert a sneer or a peremptory self-important demand for
    information.

    e. Go to 3.

    2. Is the poster posting something negative about Linux or a Linux
    advocate? If not, goto 3.

    a. Is the poster DFS or Moshe? If not, go to b.
    Otherwise, fawn and drool like a lap dog. Then go to 3.

    b. Make some claim that involves being more of a helper and
    advocate than anyone else in COLA.

    c. Insert a sneer.

    d. Go to 3.

    3. Move to next post.

    I'm not quite sure why Hadrone particularly likes to wave his boner in
    my face.

    Sometimes it sounds like he is jealous of my rather mediocre facility
    with Linux. If so, that's his self-esteem problem, not mine.

    But, in general, it is plain to see that he prefers to tear down good
    posts, and boost or emphasize garbage posts. That is his problem with
    depression. I conquered my problem with it a long time ago.

    --
    Drop that pickle!

  8. Re: "Bad Guys," "People who lie and lie and lie"

    Linonut writes:

    > * High Plains Thumper peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Hadron completely ignores Flatfish's nymstealing and libel, then
    >> homes on this one issue, simply amazing.

    > Here's Hadrone's algorithm for responding to posts:

    As written by Liarmutt. As we can see he is a crap programmer and
    designer as well as a fawning lap dog.

    > 1. Is the poster posting something positive about Linux or a Linux
    > advocate? If not, goto 2.
    >
    > a. Is the poster not Linonut? Then go to b.
    > Otherwise, insert "Liarnut". Insert some derogatory reference
    > to Linonut's computing prowess that so irritates Hadrone. Then
    > go to b.
    >
    > b. Insert an insult.
    >
    > c. Make up some stuff about what the poster had written.
    >
    > d. Insert a sneer or a peremptory self-important demand for
    > information.
    >
    > e. Go to 3.
    >
    > 2. Is the poster posting something negative about Linux or a Linux
    > advocate? If not, goto 3.
    >
    > a. Is the poster DFS or Moshe? If not, go to b.
    > Otherwise, fawn and drool like a lap dog. Then go to 3.
    >
    > b. Make some claim that involves being more of a helper and
    > advocate than anyone else in COLA.
    >
    > c. Insert a sneer.
    >
    > d. Go to 3.
    >
    > 3. Move to next post.
    >
    > I'm not quite sure why Hadrone particularly likes to wave his boner in
    > my face.

    Why are you so obsessed with bones? I called you a lap dog. Not a real
    dog.

    The reason I follow up to your poasts is because you are a liar and a fraud.

    > Sometimes it sounds like he is jealous of my rather mediocre facility
    > with Linux. If so, that's his self-esteem problem, not mine.

    And yet I have proven you wrong on numerous occasions. not least with
    your recent "advice" to people on how to use the nvidia installer. You
    were wrong. You risked the stability of their machines. You threw in a
    straw man with regard to kernel compilation.

    > But, in general, it is plain to see that he prefers to tear down good
    > posts, and boost or emphasize garbage posts. That is his problem with
    > depression. I conquered my problem with it a long time ago.

    No you didn't. You became Roy's lapdog so that when people pointed out
    your lies and fraudulent claims then Roy could pet you better.

    --
    "I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee "
    -- Liarnut in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  9. Re: "Bad Guys," "People who lie and lie and lie"

    In article <1493002.SUpugEZ1b9@schestowitz.com>,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > > I put little credence in what Tim posts. Â*He is just another shill.

    > The sicko is keeping track of my IRC logs. If he isn't hired to do that, he
    > seriously needs to get a life.

    Really? And just how am I "keeping track of" your IRC logs?

    This should be interesting.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  10. Re: "Bad Guys," "People who lie and lie and lie"

    In article <5py7eqabagzx$.1jgcy72vk70t1.dlg@40tude.net>,
    "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote:
    > > The sicko is keeping track of my IRC logs. If he isn't hired to do that, he
    > > seriously needs to get a life.

    > You're a complete joke Roy Schestowitz.
    >
    > You spend 24x7 sitting in a dorm room spewing your garbage to every corner
    > of the net and you accuse others of needing to get a life?

    It's pretty funny, isn't it? Roy spends many hours in IRC, and then
    every day puts a link to the most recent logs on the front page of his
    site. But if someone clicks that link and spends a couple minutes
    skimming through the log to see if there is anything interesting or
    hilarious (and Roy's multi-day attempt to rescind his accidental ban of
    [H]omer was hilarious...), then they *must* be being paid.

    --
    --Tim Smith

+ Reply to Thread