I've just recently started using knode to read net news, and I can't get it
to ignore articles sent from google groups.

I've set a scoring rule to score as -100 any article that the
sub-string "google" in the Message-ID. Then I've tried to set a filter
which will filter out articles that have a score greater than -100.

But for some reason I can't get knode to use the filter. In Settings >
Configure Knode > Reading News > Filters I click on Apply, then OK, but the
messages scored -100 don't disappear, and the status bar at the bottom of
the screen still says "Filter:All".

So how can I get knode to use my filter? Is the rule I created going to do
what I want (ie, filter out google groups messages so I don't even see
them). Is there a better way to do this? What is that better way?