Microsoft Sort Of Copying Apple Genius Bar

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft should just stop going to toe to toe with Apple. Each time they go
| and “copy” a Cupertino idea it fails miserably. Microsoft can’t compete on
| the commercial front, even though the Mac vs PC ads are starting to get
| stale. Now Microsoft is looking to combat the Apple Genius’ with some
| Microsoft Gurus. This sounds like a good idea, but then you have to consider
| that there are no Microsoft stores.
`----

http://www.cinemablend.com/technolog...Bar-12074.html

Microsoft fires up the photocopiers once again: ‘Microsoft Gurus’ to mimic
Apple’s ‘Mac Geniuses’

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...omments/18368/

Recent:

Microsoft Files Patents for 'InPrivate' and 'Cleartracks' Browser Privacy Tools

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft (News - Alert) has reportedly applied for trademarks to protect two
| of its Internet tools, InPrivate and Cleartracks. Microsoft indicated that
| these tools could be part of the upcoming version of Internet Explorer 8 Web
| browser.
`----

http://it.tmcnet.com/topics/it/artic...vacy-tools.htm

Related:

Microsoft stole KittenAuth, renamed it and claimed it as their own.

,----[ Quote ]
| The Microsoft Asirra project sites Oli as a source yet the Yahoo news story
| did not. I can only imagine that the more and more the Asirra project is
| pushed into the public domain, the less Oli will be cited as having the
| original idea. This isn't actually fair and I'd be very very upset if I was
| him. The idea is excellent yet the credit certainly won't be passed in his
| direction anymore. Any financial gain from the project won't pay royalties to
| him either and it's not like he could patent the idea originally. * * *
`----

http://www.seopher.com/articles/micr..._as_their_own_

Microsoft files further adware patent

,----[ Quote ]
| An example is given of a user browsing to a folder full of MP3 media files -
| such browsing would alert the adware monitor that the user may need MP3
| playing software, decoders, soundcards or other related items, and the
| appropriate advertising could then be displayed in a popup. *
`----

http://www.virusbtn.com/news/2007/09_14a.xml

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Forge...ft-58752.shtml

Will Microsoft Put The Colonel in the Kernel?

,----[ Quote ]
| "The kernel meets The Colonel in a just-published Microsoft patent
| application for an Advertising Services Architecture, which delivers targeted
| advertising as 'part of the OS.' *
`----

Microsoft patents the mother of all adware systems

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...e-systems.html