Letters to the editor count as articles? - Linux

This is a discussion on Letters to the editor count as articles? - Linux ; This one is so loony, there is a slight chance that even Linonut will think Roy is ridiculous here: The NYT published a letter to the editor from MS's general counsel, in response to an earlier NYT times article. According ...

  1. Letters to the editor count as articles?

    This one is so loony, there is a slight chance that even Linonut will
    think Roy is ridiculous here:

    The NYT published a letter to the editor from MS's general counsel, in
    response to an earlier NYT times article. According to Roy, this is an
    "article". He seems to think it reflects the editorial position of the
    NYT, rather than just the opinion of the author of the letter.

    Also, he takes them to task, because the letter is signed at the bottom,
    so you have to look at the end to see who wrote it--they are trying to
    sneak this past the innocent readers. Of course, that's just like all
    other letters to the editor, in almost all newspapers.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  2. Re: Letters to the editor count as articles?

    You're confusing me with someone who gives a ****.

    --
    Life is a POPULARITY CONTEST! I'm REFRESHINGLY CANDID!!

  3. Re: Letters to the editor count as articles?

    On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 07:17:15 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> This one is so loony, there is a slight chance that even Linonut will
    >> think Roy is ridiculous here:

    > You're confusing me with someone who gives a ****.

    Linonut pretending he doesn't know/care/etc
    Classic tactic of the rabid zealot Linux advocate.

    Heel Linonut!
    Heel!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  4. Re: Letters to the editor count as articles?

    In article ,
    Linonut wrote:

    > * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    > > This one is so loony, there is a slight chance that even Linonut will
    > > think Roy is ridiculous here:

    > You're confusing me with someone who gives a ****.

    No, I'm accurately identifying you as someone who seems to believe
    pretty much every vast conspiracy Roy posts about. Just how much do
    you believe? Microsoft controls all the major press and publications?
    Microsoft controls the US and British government? Microsoft has
    infiltrated and is setting policy at VMWare and Google? Red Hat put
    back doors in Linux?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  5. Re: Letters to the editor count as articles?

    On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 10:49:59 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> This one is so loony, there is a slight chance that even Linonut will
    >>> think Roy is ridiculous here:

    >> You're confusing me with someone who gives a ****.

    > No, I'm accurately identifying you as someone who seems to believe
    > pretty much every vast conspiracy Roy posts about. Just how much do
    > you believe? Microsoft controls all the major press and publications?
    > Microsoft controls the US and British government? Microsoft has
    > infiltrated and is setting policy at VMWare and Google? Red Hat put
    > back doors in Linux?

    Linonut isn't alone here.
    A couple of the other drones in COLA don't bother to take off the rose
    colored glasses once in a while.

    That being said, Schestowitz is clearly going off the rails and Linonut is
    trying to save him.

    It's like trying to prevent "Fat Bastard" from hitting the ground after he
    fell out of a 40th floor window.

    Pretty much impossible.

    P.S. I suspect most of the people in COLA are aware of what a loony toon
    Roy Schestowitz is and are suspicious of his motives however they will cut
    their nose to spite their face rather than agree with the so called
    Wintrolls.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: Letters to the editor count as articles?

    > In article ,
    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >> > This one is so loony, there is a slight chance that even Linonut will
    >> > think Roy is ridiculous here:

    >> You're confusing me with someone who gives a ****.

    > No, I'm accurately identifying you as someone who seems to believe
    > pretty much every vast conspiracy Roy posts about.

    "Accurately" and "seems"? Why the crossed fingers.

    > Just how much do you believe? Microsoft controls all the major press
    > and publications? Microsoft controls the US and British government?
    > Microsoft has infiltrated and is setting policy at VMWare and Google?
    > Red Hat put back doors in Linux?

    Kiss my ass, Tim.

    I simply refuse to paint Roy to be the cabalistic tin-foil hat wearer
    you need him to be.

    --
    Another megabytes the dust.

  7. Re: Letters to the editor count as articles?

    Linonut writes:

    > * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> In article ,
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> You're confusing me with someone who gives a ****.

    >> No, I'm accurately identifying you as someone who seems to believe
    >> pretty much every vast conspiracy Roy posts about.

    > "Accurately" and "seems"? Why the crossed fingers.

    because he is accurate when he says you appear or seem to be Roys major
    cheer leader. I bet Roy could sell you a piece of the true cross. And a
    couple of rusty nails thrown in.

    >> Just how much do you believe? Microsoft controls all the major press
    >> and publications? Microsoft controls the US and British government?
    >> Microsoft has infiltrated and is setting policy at VMWare and Google?
    >> Red Hat put back doors in Linux?

    > Kiss my ass, Tim.
    >
    > I simply refuse to paint Roy to be the cabalistic tin-foil hat wearer
    > you need him to be.

    Why? He obviously is. And your opinion there is why you seem to be such
    a fluffer for Roy.

    --
    "Maybe you can buy a Saturday Night Special and blow your POS brains out."
    -- Rick in comp.os.linux.advocacy

+ Reply to Thread