Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user - Linux ; CROSSPOST SNIPPED * Hadron peremptorily fired off this memo: > Hounded out of? Once more for the hard of thinking : because of the > fanboyz (think Christopher Hunter who is the most successful person in > the world according ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

  1. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    CROSSPOST SNIPPED

    * Hadron peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Hounded out of? Once more for the hard of thinking : because of the
    > fanboyz (think Christopher Hunter who is the most successful person in
    > the world according to him, Tattoo Vampire and Willy Boaster) I decided
    > to move to an adults distro.

    >> Major self-important asshole

    > Well, that and Ubuntu was becoming a victim
    > of its own overly optimistic release strategy. Hence Debian. I realise
    > this is hard for you to understand.

    >> Major self-important asshole

    > I bet you were glad to see the back of me you arrogant dipstick. Another
    > one with zero idea of the real world.

    >> Major self-important asshole

    Keep digging, Hadron.

    --
    What orators lack in depth they make up in length.

  2. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    Linonut writes:

    > CROSS-POST TO UBUNTU GROUP SNIPPED
    >
    > * Tattoo Vampire peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Another "I dont want therefore no one wants" moron.

    >> You're a condescending, arrogant asshole, Quack.

    > I wonder if Quack will put /that/ quote in his sigs.
    >
    > The inner conflict might generate a bubble-sac in his brainstem.

    Sure. Why not? it shows up the "advocates" for what they generally
    are. Foul mouthed, hypocritical frauds and clique boys.

    But you see, you are playing the man and not the point. he was
    discussing his personal situation when it was about a bigger issue -
    namely the importance of entertainment SW in desktop adoption.

    But who would expect you to READ what you are replying to eh? You just
    read TVs foul (and lame) reply and dont bother with how wrong or
    inappropriate it was.

    --
    "Off the top of my head, I can't tell you which sites. They are ones that
    throw up some kind of dialog, I change the user agent and look at them

  3. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    Linonut writes:

    > CROSSPOST SNIPPED
    >
    > * Hadron peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Hounded out of? Once more for the hard of thinking : because of the
    >> fanboyz (think Christopher Hunter who is the most successful person in
    >> the world according to him, Tattoo Vampire and Willy Boaster) I decided
    >> to move to an adults distro.

    > >> Major self-important asshole

    >> Well, that and Ubuntu was becoming a victim
    >> of its own overly optimistic release strategy. Hence Debian. I realise
    >> this is hard for you to understand.

    > >> Major self-important asshole

    >> I bet you were glad to see the back of me you arrogant dipstick. Another
    >> one with zero idea of the real world.

    > >> Major self-important asshole

    > Keep digging, Hadron.

    Ok Liarnut : switch into "sensible" mode for a minute. Now Google
    Christopher Hunter's and "Bill Baka's" contributions to the Ubuntu news
    group. Go on. I dare you. Then come back and tell you me you would give
    a **** about their opinions of you.

  4. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    Hadron wrote:

    > Hounded out of? Once more for the hard of thinking : because of the
    > fanboyz (think Christopher Hunter who is the most successful person in
    > the world according to him, Tattoo Vampire and Willy Boaster) I decided
    > to move to an adults distro.

    Are you really so weak-minded you let some newsgroup posts dictate which
    distro you use?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ...."I'm sick! I ought to be home in bed with a nurse."

    Good to the last supper

  5. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    * Hadron peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Linonut writes:
    >
    >>> You're a condescending, arrogant asshole, Quack.

    >> The inner conflict might generate a bubble-sac in his brainstem.

    > Sure. Why not? it shows up the "advocates" for what they generally
    > are. Foul mouthed, hypocritical frauds and clique boys.

    Talk about your pot-kettle-black scenario.

    You're as relentlessly insulting as DFS.

    > But who would expect you to READ what you are replying to eh? You just
    > read TVs foul (and lame) reply and dont bother with how wrong or
    > inappropriate it was.

    Well, Hadron, given your wretched attitude towards most everything in
    this newsgroup, Tattoo's reply is certainly relevant.

    I'm curious, though. Are you a

    >>> ... condescending, arrogant asshole, ...

    or a

    >> Major self-important asshole

    Because, rest assured, you are an asshole. (And I think you /enjoy/
    that role).

    --
    Hmmm ... A hash-singer and a cross-eyed guy were SLEEPING on a deserted
    island, when ...

  6. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    * Hadron peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >> Keep digging, Hadron.

    > Ok Liarnut : switch into "sensible" mode for a minute. Now Google
    > Christopher Hunter's and "Bill Baka's" contributions to the Ubuntu news
    > group. Go on. I dare you.

    Why do I feel so often that I'm dealing with a third-grade schoolyard
    mentality here?

    > Then come back and tell you me you would give
    > a **** about their opinions of you.

    >> Major self-important asshole

    --
    Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.

  7. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    Linonut writes:

    > * Hadron peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> The inner conflict might generate a bubble-sac in his brainstem.

    >> Sure. Why not? it shows up the "advocates" for what they generally
    >> are. Foul mouthed, hypocritical frauds and clique boys.

    > Talk about your pot-kettle-black scenario.
    >
    > You're as relentlessly insulting as DFS.

    To those you post like. No one else.

    >> But who would expect you to READ what you are replying to eh? You just
    >> read TVs foul (and lame) reply and dont bother with how wrong or
    >> inappropriate it was.

    > Well, Hadron, given your wretched attitude towards most everything in
    > this newsgroup, Tattoo's reply is certainly relevant.

    You show your true colours. Can you find a good advocacy post from him
    or chrisv? One?

    > I'm curious, though. Are you a

    > or a
    >
    > >> Major self-important asshole

    > Because, rest assured, you are an asshole. (And I think you /enjoy/
    > that role).

    The thing is I am not. And I will also no be brow beaten by some suckup
    like you.

  8. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    CROSSPOST SNIPPED

    * Tattoo Vampire peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Hounded out of? Once more for the hard of thinking : because of the
    >> fanboyz (think Christopher Hunter who is the most successful person in
    >> the world according to him, Tattoo Vampire and Willy Boaster) I decided
    >> to move to an adults distro.

    > Are you really so weak-minded you let some newsgroup posts dictate which
    > distro you use?

    Whatever the merits of Bill Baka, he seems to have pegged Hadron:

    >> Major self-important asshole

    --
    The carbonyl is polarized,
    The delta end is plus.

  9. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    * Hadron peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Linonut writes:
    >
    >> Because, rest assured, you are an asshole. (And I think you /enjoy/
    >> that role).

    > The thing is I am not.

    The proof is in the pudding.

    > And I will also no be brow beaten by some suckup like you.

    You want pleasant? Then /be/ pleasant.

    --
    Fame lost its appeal for me when I went into a public restroom and an
    autograph seeker handed me a pen and paper under the stall door.

  10. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Are you really so weak-minded you let some newsgroup posts dictate which
    > distro you use?

    Hardon Quack doesn't have any kind of clue, and just turns up here to troll.

    It's best just to ignore it. It claims to know all there is to know about
    operating systems, software and any other topic anyone brings up. It
    always claims to know just a little bit more than anyone else about
    everything.

    Just killfile it, like everyone else does.

    C.

  11. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    * Christopher_Hunter peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> Are you really so weak-minded you let some newsgroup posts dictate which
    >> distro you use?

    > Hardon Quack doesn't have any kind of clue, and just turns up here to troll.
    >
    > It's best just to ignore it. It claims to know all there is to know about
    > operating systems, software and any other topic anyone brings up. It
    > always claims to know just a little bit more than anyone else about
    > everything.
    >
    > Just killfile it, like everyone else does.

    Fark the Quark.

    Put the bubble-head in the bubble-chamber.

    --
    You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break or
    smarten up a chump.

  12. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    Hadron wrote:

    > Bill Baka? LOL.

    Yeah, Bill Baka, the guy who made you look like a chump.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    Owner/Proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

    You have many friends and very few living enemies.

  13. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    Hadron wrote:

    > The thing is I am not. And I will also no be brow beaten by some suckup
    > like you.

    Asshole, coward and all-around pain in the ass, that's you, Quack.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    Owner/Proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

    He jests at scars who never felt a wound.
    -- Shakespeare, "Romeo and Juliet, II. 2"

  14. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    Linonut wrote:

    > You're as relentlessly insulting as DFS.

    I haven't been working hard enough...

  15. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    "DFS" writes:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> You're as relentlessly insulting as DFS.

    > I haven't been working hard enough...

    Liarnut is pulling his statements from out of Roy's arse once more. As
    Moshe pointed out - "Heel Liarnut, Heel".

    Insulting the likes of him, TV, chrisv, Willy "Fiddler" Poaster and Mark
    Kent is doing society, and Linux advocacy in general, a favour IMO since
    they just make real Linux users look like bitter dorks.

    --
    "Your Ref header shows bt.com. The "kustomkomputer" troll nymshifted again?"
    -- William Poaster boring people to death with his header compulsion in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  16. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    Quack croaked:

    > Fortunately the Debian community is much more mature

    Then head on back over there, slapnuts.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....I am Drunk of Borg. Resistance is floor tile!

    Good to the last supper

  17. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    Tattoo Vampire writes:

    > Quack croaked:
    >
    >> Fortunately the Debian community is much more mature

    > Then head on back over there, slapnuts.

    I would point out that it was not me that set the follow ups ....

    --
    "You're a condescending, arrogant asshole, Quack."
    -- Tattoo Vampire in alt.os.linux.ubuntu, comp.os.linux.advocacy

  18. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    "Hadron" wrote in message
    > Tattoo Vampire writes:
    >
    >> Quack croaked:
    >>
    >>> Fortunately the Debian community is much more mature

    >> Then head on back over there, slapnuts.

    > I would point out that it was not me that set the follow ups ....

    It was Snit and his sockpuppets/shills.

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much

  19. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 17:59:18 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "DFS" writes:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> You're as relentlessly insulting as DFS.

    >> I haven't been working hard enough...

    > Liarnut is pulling his statements from out of Roy's arse once more. As
    > Moshe pointed out - "Heel Liarnut, Heel".
    >
    > Insulting the likes of him, TV, chrisv, Willy "Fiddler" Poaster and Mark
    > Kent is doing society, and Linux advocacy in general, a favour IMO since
    > they just make real Linux users look like bitter dorks.

    Indeed....

    he got slapped down in a couple of threads, by me and so he goes on this
    huge attack campaign trying to discredit me as well as you guys.
    The guy is obviously being fed his pablum via Schestowitz.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  20. Re: Why Linux won't succeed - A view from an experienced user

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 17:59:18 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    >>> I haven't been working hard enough...

    >> Liarnut is pulling his statements from out of Roy's arse once more. As
    >> Moshe pointed out - "Heel Liarnut, Heel".
    >>
    >> Insulting the likes of him, TV, chrisv, Willy "Fiddler" Poaster and Mark
    >> Kent is doing society, and Linux advocacy in general, a favour IMO since
    >> they just make real Linux users look like bitter dorks.

    > Indeed....
    >
    > he got slapped down in a couple of threads, by me and so he goes on this
    > huge attack campaign trying to discredit me as well as you guys.
    > The guy is obviously being fed his pablum via Schestowitz.

    He seems to love looking like a total dickwad though. That I can not
    understand since he says he is a professional programmer. Sounds more
    like some 3rd tier installshield intern the way he goes on. One would
    think he would have more pride in what he types. But no. Wrong, Wrong
    time after time after time.

    --
    "Yes, I am a nymshifting troll. I used to be called Rafael, but since the operation I prefer to be called Robin T Cox."
    High Plains Shifter, COLA.