Re: Sarah Palin - Certified Right Wing Nutjon - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Sarah Palin - Certified Right Wing Nutjon - Linux ; In article , Snit wrote: > "ed" stated in post > news-AA4D4C.21533704092008@news.la.sbcglobal.net on 9/4/08 9:53 PM: > > ... > >> Yes - which parents it is makes a difference... if the parents are not > >> tied > >> ...

  1. Re: Sarah Palin - Certified Right Wing Nutjon

    In article ,
    Snit wrote:

    > "ed" stated in post
    > news-AA4D4C.21533704092008@news.la.sbcglobal.net on 9/4/08 9:53 PM:

    > >> Yes - which parents it is makes a difference... if the parents are not
    > >> tied
    > >> to people running as a Republican they are *bad* parents... otherwise
    > >> their
    > >> kids just made a "mistake" and it is OK. That is the hypocrisy being
    > >> pointed out. For you to "disagree" by saying that the specifics of
    > >> who
    > >> the
    > >> parents are matters is silly - that is the point I am making: it
    > >> matters...
    > >> but what it "matters" on is clearly politically motivated.

    > > no, whether they are bad parents or not depends not on whether they are
    > > republicans, but on if they're actually bad parents or not.

    > Sure: the Spears' were bad parents as shown by their teen getting
    > pregnant...

    Wrong... the Spears were bad parents because they exhibited bad parenting
    skills. You can't turn the Spears into as good a set of parents
    (comparatively
    speaking) as the Palins by taking one issue like this and yanking it
    completely
    out of context. I keep telling you... people just aren't as stupid as you
    need
    them to be.

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much

  2. Re: Sarah Palin - Certified Right Wing Nutjon

    On 2008-09-05, Steve Carroll wrote:
    > In article ,
    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "ed" stated in post
    >> news-AA4D4C.21533704092008@news.la.sbcglobal.net on 9/4/08 9:53 PM:

    >> > no, whether they are bad parents or not depends not on whether they are
    >> > republicans, but on if they're actually bad parents or not.

    >> Sure: the Spears' were bad parents as shown by their teen getting
    >> pregnant...

    > Wrong... the Spears were bad parents because they exhibited bad parenting
    > skills. You can't turn the Spears into as good a set of parents
    > (comparatively
    > speaking) as the Palins by taking one issue like this and yanking it

    Why not? This is a pretty damn fundemental issue. This is something
    that people like Palin make a big deal about. It's a priority for them
    and they still manage to **** it up.

    On this matter, I would not cut Palin any more slack than I give
    to my own flesh and blood.

    --
    OpenDoc is moot when Apple is your one stop iShop. |||
    / | \

  3. Re: Sarah Palin - Certified Right Wing Nutjon

    In article , JEDIDIAH
    wrote:

    > On 2008-09-05, Steve Carroll wrote:
    > > In article ,
    > > Snit wrote:
    > >
    > >> "ed" stated in post
    > >> news-AA4D4C.21533704092008@news.la.sbcglobal.net on 9/4/08 9:53 PM:

    > >> Sure: the Spears' were bad parents as shown by their teen getting
    > >> pregnant...

    > > Wrong... the Spears were bad parents because they exhibited bad parenting
    > > skills. You can't turn the Spears into as good a set of parents
    > > (comparatively
    > > speaking) as the Palins by taking one issue like this and yanking it

    > Why not?

    Reality. If you think that the Spears compare to the Palins as parents feel free
    to make your case... but you won't make it with me by addressing one issue.

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much
    just throw it away". - Snit

  4. Re: Sarah Palin - Certified Right Wing Nutjon

    In article , JEDIDIAH

    wrote:

    > On 2008-09-05, Steve Carroll wrote:
    > > In article ,
    > > Snit wrote:
    > >
    > >> "ed" stated in post
    > >> news-AA4D4C.21533704092008@news.la.sbcglobal.net on 9/4/08 9:53 PM:

    > >> Sure: the Spears' were bad parents as shown by their teen getting
    > >> pregnant...

    > > Wrong... the Spears were bad parents because they exhibited bad
    > > parenting
    > > skills. You can't turn the Spears into as good a set of parents
    > > (comparatively
    > > speaking) as the Palins by taking one issue like this and yanking it

    > Why not?

    Reality. If you think that the Spears compare to the Palins as parents feel
    free
    to make your case... but you won't make it with me by addressing one issue.

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much
    just throw it away". - Snit

  5. Re: Sarah Palin - Certified Right Wing Nutjon

    "JEDIDIAH" stated in post
    slrngc3aqr.2p0.jedi@nomad.mishnet on 9/5/08 2:57 PM:

    > On 2008-09-05, Steve Carroll wrote:
    >> In article ,
    >> Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> "ed" stated in post
    >>> news-AA4D4C.21533704092008@news.la.sbcglobal.net on 9/4/08 9:53 PM:

    >>> Sure: the Spears' were bad parents as shown by their teen getting
    >>> pregnant...
    >>>

    >> Wrong... the Spears were bad parents because they exhibited bad parenting
    >> skills. You can't turn the Spears into as good a set of parents
    >> (comparatively speaking) as the Palins by taking one issue like this and
    >> yanking it
    >>

    > Why not? This is a pretty damn fundemental issue. This is something that
    > people like Palin make a big deal about. It's a priority for them and they
    > still manage to **** it up.
    >
    > On this matter, I would not cut Palin any more slack than I give to my own
    > flesh and blood.

    I love how Steve Carroll is talking about someone turning the Spears (sic)
    into relatively good parents. He has no comprehension of the posts he
    responds to. None. Worse than that, though, I have noticed he is back to
    cross-posting to every group he thinks I have ever posted to... including an
    *anxiety support* group. That is, frankly, beyond repulsive and the reason
    I stopped responding to him directly. He is utter scum.

    --
    I know how a jam jar feels...
    .... full of jam!

  6. Re: Sarah Palin - Certified Right Wing Nutjon

    On 2008-09-05, Steve Carroll wrote:
    > In article , JEDIDIAH
    >
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 2008-09-05, Steve Carroll wrote:

    >> > Wrong... the Spears were bad parents because they exhibited bad
    >> > parenting
    >> > skills. You can't turn the Spears into as good a set of parents
    >> > (comparatively
    >> > speaking) as the Palins by taking one issue like this and yanking it

    >> Why not?

    > Reality. If you think that the Spears compare to the Palins as parents feel
    > free
    > to make your case... but you won't make it with me by addressing one issue.

    What has Mrs. Palin the younger ever succeeded at?

    Whatever you might think about the drek that Britney has written, she
    at least has some success of her own in gymnastics and music that she can
    claim to her credit. Whatever other trouble she might cause she at least
    has her own means to deal with it. Perhaps in a few years, Mrs. Palin the
    younger might have something equivalent to her credit.

    This doesn't make the Spears "good". Although it does make them
    somewhat more than worthless and that's something that's not yet
    demonstrated with Palin.

    Then there are the question of the corresponding standards.

    Palin is a failure by her own standards, and those standards which
    she undoubtedly would apply to others. Does the same apply to the Spears'?

    --

    Unfortunately, the universe will not conform itself to
    your fantasies. You have to manage based on what really happens |||

  7. Re: Sarah Palin - Certified Right Wing Nutjon

    "JEDIDIAH" stated in post
    slrngcaeev.dhb.jedi@nomad.mishnet on 9/8/08 7:42 AM:

    > On 2008-09-05, Steve Carroll wrote:
    >> In article , JEDIDIAH
    >>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Why not?

    >> Reality. If you think that the Spears compare to the Palins as parents feel
    >> free to make your case... but you won't make it with me by addressing one
    >> issue.
    >>

    > What has Mrs. Palin the younger ever succeeded at?
    >
    > Whatever you might think about the drek that Britney has written, she at least
    > has some success of her own in gymnastics and music that she can claim to her
    > credit. Whatever other trouble she might cause she at least has her own means
    > to deal with it. Perhaps in a few years, Mrs. Palin the younger might have
    > something equivalent to her credit.
    >
    > This doesn't make the Spears "good". Although it does make them somewhat more
    > than worthless and that's something that's not yet demonstrated with Palin.
    >
    > Then there are the question of the corresponding standards.
    >
    > Palin is a failure by her own standards, and those standards which she
    > undoubtedly would apply to others. Does the same apply to the Spears'?

    Carroll is playing his standard game of moving goal posts... the question is
    not if the parents are good or not - the Spears' nor the Palin's. The
    question is how the right-wing responded to the news of a teen pregnancy:
    when it was not tied to someone running for office as a republican they said
    the pregnancy was a sign of poor parenting... the pregnancy itself. But
    that standard does not hold "true" to them when applied to the Palin family.

    I have no idea how good of parents either family is or was - and it not
    relevant to the discussion.

    --
    Satan lives for my sins... now *that* is dedication!

  8. Re: Sarah Palin - Certified Right Wing Nutjon

    In article ,
    Snit wrote:

    > "JEDIDIAH" stated in post
    > slrngcaeev.dhb.jedi@nomad.mishnet on 9/8/08 7:42 AM:
    >
    > > On 2008-09-05, Steve Carroll wrote:

    > >> Reality. If you think that the Spears compare to the Palins as parents
    > >> feel
    > >> free to make your case... but you won't make it with me by addressing one
    > >> issue.
    > >>

    > > What has Mrs. Palin the younger ever succeeded at?
    > >
    > > Whatever you might think about the drek that Britney has written, she at
    > > least
    > > has some success of her own in gymnastics and music that she can claim to
    > > her
    > > credit. Whatever other trouble she might cause she at least has her own
    > > means
    > > to deal with it. Perhaps in a few years, Mrs. Palin the younger might have
    > > something equivalent to her credit.
    > >
    > > This doesn't make the Spears "good". Although it does make them somewhat
    > > more
    > > than worthless and that's something that's not yet demonstrated with Palin.
    > >
    > > Then there are the question of the corresponding standards.
    > >
    > > Palin is a failure by her own standards, and those standards which she
    > > undoubtedly would apply to others. Does the same apply to the Spears'?

    > Carroll is playing his standard game of moving goal posts... the question is
    > not if the parents are good or not

    Then why were *you* talking about "parents" when I addresses you talking about
    parents, you moronic hypocrite Do you ever sober up, Snit? Ever? LOL!

    ed wrote to you:
    "no, whether they are bad parents or not depends not on whether they are
    republicans, but on if they're actually bad parents or not".

    You replied with:
    "Sure: the Spears' were bad parents as shown by their teen getting
    pregnant..."

    And I replied to you with:
    "Wrong... the Spears were bad parents because they exhibited bad parenting
    skills".

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much
    just throw it away". - Snit

  9. Re: Sarah Palin - Certified Right Wing Nutjon

    "Steve Carroll" wrote in message

    > I get it... you're measuring success in dollars and sense.

    Your problem is you never use /either/ measure to rate your success.

+ Reply to Thread