Rick Hatton - Linux

This is a discussion on Rick Hatton - Linux ; What ever happened to that guy? He was blowing a gasket and then he just disappeared. Do you think his brain exploded?...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 251

  1. Rick Hatton

    What ever happened to that guy? He was blowing a gasket and then he just
    disappeared. Do you think his brain exploded?

  2. Re: Rick Hatton

    On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 21:20:54 -0700, Rekruled wrote:

    > What ever happened to that guy? He was blowing a gasket and then he just
    > disappeared. Do you think his brain exploded?

    The Linux Mafia ran him out of the group much like they did with Kier.

    You see, you have to agree 100 percent with the loons or else they will
    attack and discredit you.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Rick Hatton

    "Moshe Goldfarb." stated in post
    16902r327smfy$.vimd3yn2tj6f.dlg@40tude.net on 9/2/08 9:40 PM:

    > On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 21:20:54 -0700, Rekruled wrote:
    >
    >> What ever happened to that guy? He was blowing a gasket and then he just
    >> disappeared. Do you think his brain exploded?

    > The Linux Mafia ran him out of the group much like they did with Kier.
    >
    > You see, you have to agree 100 percent with the loons or else they will
    > attack and discredit you.

    Rick was siding with the "mafia" and saying he thought it was fine to make
    ones personal and professional life a reasonable target when one is on the
    losing side of a Usenet debate about Linux.

    I think it may have backfired on him but I was not paying that much
    attention. I do know his websites were linked to and then suddenly
    disappeared.

    --
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    --Albert Einstein

  4. Re: Rick Hatton

    "Snit" wrote in message
    > "Moshe Goldfarb." stated in post
    > 16902r327smfy$.vimd3yn2tj6f.dlg@40tude.net on 9/2/08 9:40 PM:
    >
    >> On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 21:20:54 -0700, Rekruled wrote:
    >>
    >>> What ever happened to that guy? He was blowing a gasket and then
    >>> he just disappeared. Do you think his brain exploded?

    >> The Linux Mafia ran him out of the group much like they did with
    >> Kier.
    >>
    >> You see, you have to agree 100 percent with the loons or else they
    >> will attack and discredit you.

    > Rick was siding with the "mafia" and saying he thought it was fine to
    > make ones personal and professional life a reasonable target when one
    > is on the losing side of a Usenet debate about Linux.
    >
    > I think it may have backfired on him but I was not paying that much
    > attention. I do know his websites were linked to and then suddenly
    > disappeared.

    We chased the whiney little ****er off the web:

    http://commandshift3.com/site/rick-h...page/1270.html
    http://commandshift3.com/site/rick-h...page/pets.html
    http://commandshift3.com/site/rick-h.../suzzette.html
    http://commandshift3.com/site/rick-h...ncethumbs.html
    http://commandshift3.com/site/rick-hatton.net/ricks
    http://commandshift3.com/site/rick-h.../computer.html
    http://commandshift3.com/site/snipurl.com/3gkju

    The lesson here is not to screw with the bosses of COLA. We rule and you
    assholes drool. Who do you think we will chase off next?

  5. Re: Rick Hatton

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > The Linux Mafia ran him out of the group much like they did with Kier.

    Too bad they can't run your stupid ass out of here, flatfarb.

  6. Re: Rick Hatton

    "Tattoo Vampire" wrote in message
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> The Linux Mafia ran him out of the group much like they did with
    >> Kier.
    >>

    > Too bad they can't run your stupid ass out of here, flatfarb.

    Find out his name and where he works. We can target them until he breaks in
    half. Are two small turds better than one big ****? What a POS he
    is.

  7. Re: Rick Hatton

    "Geoff M. Fitton" wrote in message
    > "Snit" wrote in message
    >> "Moshe Goldfarb." stated in post
    >> 16902r327smfy$.vimd3yn2tj6f.dlg@40tude.net on 9/2/08 9:40 PM:

    >>> The Linux Mafia ran him out of the group much like they did with
    >>> Kier.
    >>>
    >>> You see, you have to agree 100 percent with the loons or else they
    >>> will attack and discredit you.

    >> Rick was siding with the "mafia" and saying he thought it was fine to
    >> make ones personal and professional life a reasonable target when one
    >> is on the losing side of a Usenet debate about Linux.
    >>
    >> I think it may have backfired on him but I was not paying that much
    >> attention. I do know his websites were linked to and then suddenly
    >> disappeared.

    > We chased the whiney little ****er off the web:
    >
    > http://commandshift3.com/site/rick-h...page/1270.html
    > http://commandshift3.com/site/rick-h...page/pets.html
    > http://commandshift3.com/site/rick-h.../suzzette.html
    > http://commandshift3.com/site/rick-h...ncethumbs.html
    > http://commandshift3.com/site/rick-hatton.net/ricks
    > http://commandshift3.com/site/rick-h.../computer.html
    > http://commandshift3.com/site/snipurl.com/3gkju
    >
    > The lesson here is not to screw with the bosses of COLA. We rule and
    > you assholes drool. Who do you think we will chase off next?

    Look at all those pages that just went away at the same time. We won! He
    will not be coming back ever. You know who we have to go after next!

    Watch out usenet assholes we have a laser focus on you.

  8. Re: Rick Hatton

    Geoff M. Fitton, ye prating hypocrite, ye heareth not, yhou stirreth
    not, yhou moveth not, the ape is dead, ye trumpeted:

    > "Tattoo Vampire" wrote in message
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>
    >>> The Linux Mafia ran him out of the group much like they did with
    >>> Kier.
    >>>

    >> Too bad they can't run your stupid ass out of here, flatfarb.

    > Find out his name and where he works. We can target them until he breaks
    > in half. Are two small turds better than one big ****? What a
    > POS he is.

    Outer filth.

  9. Re: Rick Hatton

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 21:20:54 -0700, Rekruled wrote:
    >
    >> What ever happened to that guy? He was blowing a gasket and then he just
    >> disappeared. Do you think his brain exploded?

    > The Linux Mafia ran him out of the group much like they did with Kier.
    >
    > You see, you have to agree 100 percent with the loons or else they will
    > attack and discredit you.

    No, you just have to show some evidence of linux advocacy. Its what the
    groups meant for you see4.

  10. Re: Rick Hatton

    * Don Zeigler peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > "Geoff M. Fitton" wrote in message
    >> "Snit" wrote in message
    >>> "Moshe Goldfarb." stated in post

    >>> Rick was siding with the "mafia" and saying he thought it was fine to
    >>> make ones personal and professional life a reasonable target when one
    >>> is on the losing side of a Usenet debate about Linux.
    >>>
    >>> I think it may have backfired on him but I was not paying that much
    >>> attention. I do know his websites were linked to and then suddenly
    >>> disappeared.

    >> We chased the whiney little ****er off the web:
    >>
    >> http://commandshift3.com/site/rick-h...page/1270.html
    >> http://commandshift3.com/site/rick-h...page/pets.html
    >> http://commandshift3.com/site/rick-h.../suzzette.html
    >> http://commandshift3.com/site/rick-h...ncethumbs.html
    >> http://commandshift3.com/site/rick-hatton.net/ricks
    >> http://commandshift3.com/site/rick-h.../computer.html
    >> http://commandshift3.com/site/snipurl.com/3gkju
    >>
    >> The lesson here is not to screw with the bosses of COLA. We rule and
    >> you assholes drool. Who do you think we will chase off next?

    > Look at all those pages that just went away at the same time. We won! He
    > will not be coming back ever. You know who we have to go after next!
    >
    > Watch out usenet assholes we have a laser focus on you.

    Newsgroups: alt.realestate, alt.real-estate, alt.real-estate-agents, comp.os.linux.advocacy, comp.sys.mac.advocacy

    What a pack of self-important, boasting, but feckless and fake assholes.

    Incredible.

    --
    Burn's Hog Weighing Method:
    (1) Get a perfectly symmetrical plank and balance it across a sawhorse.

  11. Re: Rick Hatton

    * Tattoo Vampire peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> The Linux Mafia ran him out of the group much like they did with Kier.

    > Too bad they can't run your stupid ass out of here, flatfarb.

    Of course not. He enjoys it. It's just a sick little game to him.

    Kier left of his own accord, after enduring endless abuse, not from the
    non-existent Linux Mafia (that is a fantasy of Moshe's own throbbing
    neocortex), but from nasty little ****s who think it is funny to get
    under people's skin.

    --
    Finding out what goes on in the C.I.A. is like performing acupuncture
    on a rock.

  12. Re: Rick Hatton

    "Kadaitcha Man" stated in post
    9vrhwj$w7g$z@rec.photo.senile-helmet-man.com.indonesia on 9/3/08 1:16 AM:

    > Geoff M. Fitton, ye prating hypocrite, ye heareth not, yhou stirreth
    > not, yhou moveth not, the ape is dead, ye trumpeted:
    >
    >> "Tattoo Vampire" wrote in message

    >>> Too bad they can't run your stupid ass out of here, flatfarb.

    >> Find out his name and where he works. We can target them until he breaks
    >> in half. Are two small turds better than one big ****? What a
    >> POS he is.

    > Outer filth.

    This is the norm of COLA - if someone does not agree with the
    self-proclaimed "advocates" (who do not really advocate - that lash out)
    they are targeted ... not just for trolling in COLA but their personal and
    professional lives are up for fair game - in the minds of the sicko
    "advocates". It gives Linux a bad name...

    --
    Picture of a tuna soda: http://snipurl.com/f351
    Feel free to ask for the recipe.

  13. Re: Rick Hatton

    "Phil Da Lick!" stated in
    post RdidndqElNkH-CPVRVnyugA@posted.plusnet on 9/3/08 3:23 AM:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 21:20:54 -0700, Rekruled wrote:
    >>
    >>> What ever happened to that guy? He was blowing a gasket and then he just
    >>> disappeared. Do you think his brain exploded?

    >> The Linux Mafia ran him out of the group much like they did with Kier.
    >>
    >> You see, you have to agree 100 percent with the loons or else they will
    >> attack and discredit you.
    >>

    > No, you just have to show some evidence of linux advocacy. Its what the
    > groups meant for you see4.

    I advocate *honestly* - speaking of the good and the bad... and talk about
    some of the things needed for desktop Linux to grow (the desktop being the
    only area I - and Linus - really care about). For that I have been very
    much the target of the "loons". They do not like that I have made points
    about the desktop user experience that is contrary to their views... I want
    more and higher level choices then currently exist in any meaningful way.
    The first "attack" was to claim that this meant I want Linux to look and act
    like OS X - a complete lie. When that failed my personal and business life
    became up for fair game in their minds... to this day they are working to
    corrupt Google searches for my personal name and my business name to tie it
    with their BS... their only "excuse" being that info on my business is easy
    to find (as if a business should work to be hard to find!)

    --
    Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid: humans are incredibly
    slow, inaccurate and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond

  14. Re: Rick Hatton

    Snit wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" stated in
    > post RdidndqElNkH-CPVRVnyugA@posted.plusnet on 9/3/08 3:23 AM:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> The Linux Mafia ran him out of the group much like they did with Kier.
    >>>
    >>> You see, you have to agree 100 percent with the loons or else they will
    >>> attack and discredit you.
    >>>

    >> No, you just have to show some evidence of linux advocacy. Its what the
    >> groups meant for you see4.

    > I advocate *honestly* - speaking of the good and the bad... and talk about
    > some of the things needed for desktop Linux to grow (the desktop being the
    > only area I - and Linus - really care about). For that I have been very
    > much the target of the "loons". They do not like that I have made points
    > about the desktop user experience that is contrary to their views... I want
    > more and higher level choices then currently exist in any meaningful way.
    > The first "attack" was to claim that this meant I want Linux to look and act
    > like OS X - a complete lie. When that failed my personal and business life
    > became up for fair game in their minds... to this day they are working to
    > corrupt Google searches for my personal name and my business name to tie it
    > with their BS... their only "excuse" being that info on my business is easy
    > to find (as if a business should work to be hard to find!)

    Assuming you are sincere then you need to look at your posting
    technique. You do come across as a "basher" rather too often. Oh, and
    you engage in circle jerking with flatfarb and Hardon a bit too much as
    well. Looks kinda like you're jumping on their linux bashing bandwagon.

  15. Re: Rick Hatton

    "Phil Da Lick!" stated in
    post t7GdnWwsGrWKKiPVnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@posted.plusnet on 9/3/08 9:11 AM:

    >>> No, you just have to show some evidence of linux advocacy. Its what the
    >>> groups meant for you see4.

    >> I advocate *honestly* - speaking of the good and the bad... and talk about
    >> some of the things needed for desktop Linux to grow (the desktop being the
    >> only area I - and Linus - really care about). For that I have been very
    >> much the target of the "loons". They do not like that I have made points
    >> about the desktop user experience that is contrary to their views... I want
    >> more and higher level choices then currently exist in any meaningful way.
    >> The first "attack" was to claim that this meant I want Linux to look and act
    >> like OS X - a complete lie. When that failed my personal and business life
    >> became up for fair game in their minds... to this day they are working to
    >> corrupt Google searches for my personal name and my business name to tie it
    >> with their BS... their only "excuse" being that info on my business is easy
    >> to find (as if a business should work to be hard to find!)

    > Assuming you are sincere then you need to look at your posting
    > technique. You do come across as a "basher" rather too often. Oh, and
    > you engage in circle jerking with flatfarb and Hardon a bit too much as
    > well. Looks kinda like you're jumping on their linux bashing bandwagon.

    Can you point to posts to support this view of yours?

    What I do too much of is get sucked into the BS of the morons who are so
    insecure with their abilities to defend their views that they make personal
    (and professional!) attacks. It gets old having the same BS "debate"

    Someone:
    Snit is a wah wah wah liar wah wah wah forger wah wah
    wah Netcop wah wah wah rapist wah wah wah whatever
    Snit:
    Can you offer *any* support for your claim?

    The answer is *always* no... or, at best, a silly nit pick or absurd and
    creative "interpretation" (such as whining that I actually have the audacity
    to let people's ISPs know when they take things out of COLA and target my
    business - as if I am somehow wrong to do so!). The Steve Carroll method of
    "support" is to quote a bunch of other people - or, really, to claim to ...
    as if what *other* people say would suffice to show what *I* have done.

    I would prefer - strongly, strongly prefer - to talk about Linux than to
    repeatedly ask morons to defend the accusations they make simply because
    they think it is the only "defense" they can come up with for contradicting
    my views.

    --
    Satan lives for my sins... now *that* is dedication!

  16. Re: Rick Hatton

    On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 09:00:39 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Kadaitcha Man" stated in post
    > 9vrhwj$w7g$z@rec.photo.senile-helmet-man.com.indonesia on 9/3/08 1:16 AM:
    >
    >> Geoff M. Fitton, ye prating hypocrite, ye heareth not, yhou stirreth
    >> not, yhou moveth not, the ape is dead, ye trumpeted:
    >>
    >>> "Tattoo Vampire" wrote in message

    >>> Find out his name and where he works. We can target them until he breaks
    >>> in half. Are two small turds better than one big ****? What a
    >>> POS he is.

    >> Outer filth.

    > This is the norm of COLA - if someone does not agree with the
    > self-proclaimed "advocates" (who do not really advocate - that lash out)
    > they are targeted ... not just for trolling in COLA but their personal and
    > professional lives are up for fair game - in the minds of the sicko
    > "advocates". It gives Linux a bad name...

    This group doesn't advocate Linux, it slams Microsoft.
    The group name should be changed.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  17. Re: Rick Hatton

    On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 17:11:09 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Snit wrote:
    >> "Phil Da Lick!" stated in
    >> post RdidndqElNkH-CPVRVnyugA@posted.plusnet on 9/3/08 3:23 AM:

    >>> No, you just have to show some evidence of linux advocacy. Its what the
    >>> groups meant for you see4.

    >> I advocate *honestly* - speaking of the good and the bad... and talk
    >> about some of the things needed for desktop Linux to grow (the desktop
    >> being the only area I - and Linus - really care about). For that I have
    >> been very much the target of the "loons". They do not like that I have
    >> made points about the desktop user experience that is contrary to their
    >> views... I want more and higher level choices then currently exist in
    >> any meaningful way. The first "attack" was to claim that this meant I
    >> want Linux to look and act like OS X - a complete lie. When that failed
    >> my personal and business life became up for fair game in their minds...
    >> to this day they are working to corrupt Google searches for my personal
    >> name and my business name to tie it with their BS... their only "excuse"
    >> being that info on my business is easy to find (as if a business should
    >> work to be hard to find!)

    > Assuming you are sincere then you need to look at your posting technique.
    > You do come across as a "basher" rather too often. Oh, and you engage in
    > circle jerking with flatfarb and Hardon a bit too much as well. Looks
    > kinda like you're jumping on their linux bashing bandwagon.

    If you think you can take anything Michael Snit Glasser says as being
    sincere & that he's honest, I've got a large metal tower in Paris for sale.

    --
    ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
    pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ

  18. Re: Rick Hatton

    "Moshe Goldfarb." stated in post
    194n5kaehdiws$.1bg0d4ub43jak$.dlg@40tude.net on 9/3/08 10:23 AM:

    > On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 09:00:39 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Kadaitcha Man" stated in post
    >> 9vrhwj$w7g$z@rec.photo.senile-helmet-man.com.indonesia on 9/3/08 1:16 AM:
    >>
    >>> Geoff M. Fitton, ye prating hypocrite, ye heareth not, yhou stirreth
    >>> not, yhou moveth not, the ape is dead, ye trumpeted:

    >>> Outer filth.

    >> This is the norm of COLA - if someone does not agree with the
    >> self-proclaimed "advocates" (who do not really advocate - that lash out)
    >> they are targeted ... not just for trolling in COLA but their personal and
    >> professional lives are up for fair game - in the minds of the sicko
    >> "advocates". It gives Linux a bad name...

    > This group doesn't advocate Linux, it slams Microsoft.
    > The group name should be changed.

    Not only is it about slamming MS (which in some ways makes sense to compare
    Linux with MS to advocate Linux) it is about targeting *people* who have
    ideas that are not popular. If the "advocates" believed their claims they
    would support them and go after the *ideas* that they disagree with. They
    simply are not able to do so.

    Steve Carroll in CSMA was the same way. Years ago we had a disagreement
    about Bush... *years* ago. He still posts the same arguments from ignorance
    (claiming that since something cannot be proved beyond *any* doubt that it
    must be false) and - worse yet - targeting me as a person. Look at his
    posts even today... he cannot stop himself from posting about me in his
    ..sig. He has done so for *years*. He recently went even more extreme and
    started targeting not just my business (which he did until his ISP slapped
    his wrist) but an anxiety disorder news group simply because he found out I
    have posted there. That is just sick. Seriously, what the heck is wrong
    with someone to freak out that badly simply because you have a disagreement
    about a political figure?

    --
    "And so, in no sense, is stability a reason to move to a new version. Its
    never a reason." - Bill Gates

  19. Re: Rick Hatton

    In article <194n5kaehdiws$.1bg0d4ub43jak$.dlg@40tude.net>,
    "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote:

    > This group doesn't advocate Linux, it slams Microsoft.
    > The group name should be changed.

    What is wrong with "slamming" Microskank?
    You must think Gates and Ballmer are as pure as the Arctic snow.

  20. Re: Rick Hatton

    On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 15:22:16 -0500, Chance Furlong wrote:

    > In article <194n5kaehdiws$.1bg0d4ub43jak$.dlg@40tude.net>,
    > "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote:
    >
    >> This group doesn't advocate Linux, it slams Microsoft.
    >> The group name should be changed.

    > What is wrong with "slamming" Microskank?
    > You must think Gates and Ballmer are as pure as the Arctic snow.

    I have no problem comparing Microsoft with say Redhat or Windows with
    Linux.
    I happen to like Windows XP, I am lukewarm about Vista and I don't
    particularly like Microsoft however the vast majority of messages in this
    group are anti-Microsoft paranoia rather than Linux advocacy.

    IOW the so called Linux *advocates* attempt to build up Linux by tearing
    down Windows.