[News] Free and Powerful GNU/Linux HTML Editors - Linux

  1. [News] Free and Powerful GNU/Linux HTML Editors

    5 Best HTML Editors for Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Quanta Plus
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | TinyMCE
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Amaya
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | KompoZer
    `----

    http://www.junauza.com/2008/09/5-bes...for-linux.html

    Related::

    To: *W3C

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | This letter is the result of Nokia and Apple recent activity in order
    | to change the default audio/video codecs from Ogg/Theora+Vorbis [1],[2]
    | to H.264/AAC [3],[4] in the future HTML5 standard.
    `----

    http://www.petitiononline.com/lortow3/petition.html

    Nokia to W3C: Ogg is proprietary, we need DRM on the Web

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | But remember, that's not what Nokia is objecting to: they are arguing that
    | Ogg is proprietary (it isn't) and that DRM should be part of a Web standard
    | (it shouldn't). *
    `----

    http://www.boingboing.net/2007/12/09...3c-ogg-is.html

    Nokia to put Microsoft PlayReady onto S60 & S40 cellphone platforms

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Nokia is to support Microsoft's PlayReady content access technology into the
    | Nokia S60 and Series 40 mobile device platforms, starting in 2008.
    `----

    http://www.itwire.com/index.php?opti...84&Itemid=1055

    Mozilla, Opera look to make video on the Web easier

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Firefox and Opera will support a new HTML tag specifically for embedding
    | video in Web pages. As long as the browsers support a video's specific codec,
    | or encoding method, the browsers will then be able to play the video without
    | launching third-party enabling software, said Chris Double, a Mozilla
    | engineer. Mozilla and Opera are also working to support the royalty-free
    | video codec Ogg Theora. * *
    `----

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20...nfoworld/93898

    Does your browser do video?

    | One of the many great features it sports, which will be of interest to free
    | formats enthusiastics, is the multimedia elements:

  2. Re: [News] Free and Powerful GNU/Linux HTML Editors

    On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 22:27:58 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > 5 Best HTML Editors for Linux

    I can't find one....

    All the schools where I live teach FrontPage to the kids.

    The kids even get a copy for free, of course it's part of the school
    taxes so it's not really free.

    The junk you offer isn't even a blip on the radar map.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Free and Powerful GNU/Linux HTML Editors

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 22:27:58 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >

    >> 5 Best HTML Editors for Linux

    > I can't find one....
    >
    > All the schools where I live teach FrontPage to the kids.
    >
    > The kids even get a copy for free, of course it's part of the school
    > taxes so it's not really free.
    >
    > The junk you offer isn't even a blip on the radar map.

    Talk about junk. The output from FrontPage only loosely resembles HTML.

  4. Re: [News] Free and Powerful GNU/Linux HTML Editors

    On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 09:43:31 -0700, Philip wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 22:27:58 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>

    >>> 5 Best HTML Editors for Linux

    >> I can't find one....
    >>
    >> All the schools where I live teach FrontPage to the kids.
    >>
    >> The kids even get a copy for free, of course it's part of the school
    >> taxes so it's not really free.
    >>
    >> The junk you offer isn't even a blip on the radar map.

    > Talk about junk. The output from FrontPage only loosely resembles HTML.

    Maybe, but the idea is to generate a web page not learn computer science.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: [News] Free and Powerful GNU/Linux HTML Editors

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 09:43:31 -0700, Philip wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> I can't find one....
    >>>
    >>> All the schools where I live teach FrontPage to the kids.
    >>>
    >>> The kids even get a copy for free, of course it's part of the school
    >>> taxes so it's not really free.
    >>>
    >>> The junk you offer isn't even a blip on the radar map.

    >> Talk about junk. The output from FrontPage only loosely resembles HTML.

    > Maybe, but the idea is to generate a web page not learn computer science.

    Interesting that the junk emitted from FrontPage only works with IE.

  6. Re: [News] Free and Powerful GNU/Linux HTML Editors

    Verily I say unto thee, that Philip spake thusly:
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 22:27:58 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >>> 5 Best HTML Editors for Linux

    >> I can't find one....
    >>
    >> All the schools where I live teach FrontPage to the kids.
    >>
    >> The kids even get a copy for free, of course it's part of the
    >> school taxes so it's not really free.
    >>
    >> The junk you offer isn't even a blip on the radar map.

    > Talk about junk. The output from FrontPage only loosely resembles
    > HTML.

    If you thinks that's bad, you should see the garbage *Word* produces:

    http://blip.tv/file/926486/

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | By bucking Microsoft for open source, says Gunderloy, "I'm no
    | longer contributing to the eventual death of programming."
    | ~ http://www.linux.com/feature/142083
    `----

    18:28:12 up 24 days, 15:41, 5 users, load average: 0.11, 0.33, 0.34

+ Reply to Thread