[News] VMware edges out Microsoft in virtualization performance test - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] VMware edges out Microsoft in virtualization performance test - Linux ; Hyper-V's bright spot is a set of drivers that help it support Linux VMs With the recent release of Microsoft's Hyper-V shaking up the hypervisor market, we decided to conduct a two-part evaluation pitting virtualization vendors against each other on ...

  1. [News] VMware edges out Microsoft in virtualization performance test

    Hyper-V's bright spot is a set of drivers that help it support Linux
    VMs

    With the recent release of Microsoft's Hyper-V shaking up the
    hypervisor market, we decided to conduct a two-part evaluation pitting
    virtualization vendors against each other on performance as well as on
    features such as usability, management and migration....

    Microsoft and VMware accepted our invitation, but the open source
    virtualization vendors - Citrix (Xen) and Red Hat (Linux-based
    hypervisor) - were unable to participate because they are undergoing
    product revisions. That left us with a head-to-head matchup between
    Microsoft's Hyper-V and VMware's market-leading ESX.

    http://www.networkworld.com/reviews/...on.html?page=1

  2. Re: [News] VMware edges out Microsoft in virtualization performance test

    On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 10:07:23 -0700 (PDT), nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:

    > Hyper-V's bright spot is a set of drivers that help it support Linux
    > VMs
    >
    > With the recent release of Microsoft's Hyper-V shaking up the
    > hypervisor market, we decided to conduct a two-part evaluation pitting
    > virtualization vendors against each other on performance as well as on
    > features such as usability, management and migration....
    >
    > Microsoft and VMware accepted our invitation, but the open source
    > virtualization vendors - Citrix (Xen) and Red Hat (Linux-based
    > hypervisor) - were unable to participate because they are undergoing
    > product revisions. That left us with a head-to-head matchup between
    > Microsoft's Hyper-V and VMware's market-leading ESX.
    >

    > http://www.networkworld.com/reviews/...on.html?page=1

    Did Schestowitz send you his webcrawl and SPAM script or something?

    It looks like he slipped in a 24 hour delay or something because you keep
    re-posting the same stuff, only a day or two late.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

+ Reply to Thread