[News] Windows is Just a Window in GNU/Linux - Linux

  1. [News] Windows is Just a Window in GNU/Linux

  2. Re: [News] Windows is Just a Window in GNU/Linux

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > VirtualBox revisited
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Armed with the original installation CDs, I was able to quickly set up
    > | virtual machines, called ?guests,? that could run Windows Vista, XP and
    > | 98 inside my Ubuntu Linux PC without much fuss. In this way, I was able
    > | to run Windows applications and switch between them and Linux programs
    > | simply by clicking on the appropriate window.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?...ss6_sept2_2008
    >
    > VirtualBox has been downloaded over 5 million times. And that's just a
    > very small player. So overall, how many people out there run GNU/Linux
    > under VMWare/Qemu/whatever?

    You know you can install the windummy osen in Virtual Box running under
    Linux with a dual or quad core CPU and let users connect to it, and
    they will report faster networking because Linux scales and accelerates the
    windummy osen by factor or x2 or x4. Micoshaft doesn't scale so you can't
    do this with a machine running windummy OSen for real.

    Its just one of the many ways Linux is so much superior than windummy OSen
    that leaves micoshaft asstroturfers and marketing staff in permanent denial.

  3. Re: [News] Windows is Just a Window in GNU/Linux

    7 writes:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> VirtualBox revisited
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Armed with the original installation CDs, I was able to quickly set up
    >> | virtual machines, called ?guests,? that could run Windows Vista, XP and
    >> | 98 inside my Ubuntu Linux PC without much fuss. In this way, I was able
    >> | to run Windows applications and switch between them and Linux programs
    >> | simply by clicking on the appropriate window.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?...ss6_sept2_2008
    >>
    >> VirtualBox has been downloaded over 5 million times. And that's just a
    >> very small player. So overall, how many people out there run GNU/Linux
    >> under VMWare/Qemu/whatever?

    > You know you can install the windummy osen in Virtual Box running under
    > Linux with a dual or quad core CPU and let users connect to it, and
    > they will report faster networking because Linux scales and accelerates the
    > windummy osen by factor or x2 or x4. Micoshaft doesn't scale so you can't
    > do this with a machine running windummy OSen for real.

    What total and utter bull****. You outdo yourself "7".

+ Reply to Thread