[News] Another Computer Game Ported to GNU/Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Another Computer Game Ported to GNU/Linux - Linux ; In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz wrote on Fri, 29 Aug 2008 21:20:24 +0000 : > > 'The Princess Bride Game' launches for Linux; exclusive discount inside! > > ,----[ Quote ] > | To celebrate today's launch of The Princess Bride ...

  1. Re: [News] Another Computer Game Ported to GNU/Linux

    <1502248.tf9XsfaRMO@schestowitz.com>:

    > 'The Princess Bride Game' launches for Linux; exclusive discount inside!
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | To celebrate today's launch of The Princess Bride Game for Linux, developer
    > | WorldWide Biggies is providing our readers with an exclusive 30% discount!
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.monstersandcritics.com/ga...iscount_inside!
    >
    > More and more developers seem to be tar-getting the growing
    > population of Linux users.

    Yeah, but it would be nice if the actual website
    http://www.princessbridegame.com/
    put Tux thereon; all they have is a gray apple and a
    multicolored flag. (I guess Apple didn't like the rainbow
    apple, and their gray logo does look more corporatelike.
    Apple Records, for their part, doesn't take a bite out of
    their green logo, but still sued Apple Computer anyway,
    apparently because of iTunes. Or just rank stupidity.
    http://www.inkycircus.com/jargon/200...vs_apple_.html
    )

    The good news: the demos are in Flash, and therefore easily
    playable on Linux.

    > Recent:
    >
    > Games : Dirk Dashing v1.1 released!
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Some of the new features they have developed for the upcoming Dirk Dashing 2
    > | have been ported back into the original game.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/...p?storyid=2474

    Not to be confused with Dirk the Daring, the (IMO rather
    dopey) hero of Dragon's Lair. This one's a sidescroller,
    and he's dressed in a suit as opposed to a coat of shining
    armor.

    [rest snipped for brevity]

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because Windows' Blue Screen Of Death is just
    way too frightening to novice users.

  2. [News] Another Computer Game Ported to GNU/Linux

    'The Princess Bride Game' launches for Linux; exclusive discount inside!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | To celebrate today's launch of The Princess Bride Game for Linux, developer
    | WorldWide Biggies is providing our readers with an exclusive 30% discount!
    `----

    http://www.monstersandcritics.com/ga...iscount_inside!

    More and more developers seem to be tar-getting the growing population of Linux
    users.

    Recent:

    Games : Dirk Dashing v1.1 released!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Some of the new features they have developed for the upcoming Dirk Dashing 2
    | have been ported back into the original game.
    `----

    http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/...p?storyid=2474

    Memopal: Online Backup in Public Beta for Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The public beta version of Memopal for Linux is now downloadable. This launch
    | was timed to almost immediately follow the release of the MAC version. As
    | such, it is part of a *wider strategy, the goal of which is to make Online
    | Backup available to as many operating systems as possible.
    `----

    http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...x,511842.shtml

    Voxeo Announces Prophecy 9 with New SIP APIs, Support for MAC OS X and Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | 9. Linux support - in addition to Prophecy's previous support for Windows,
    | Prophecy 9 runs on any Intel-based Centos 5 or RedHat Enterprise Linux 5
    | system, a feature highly desired by enterprises and service providers as they
    | increasingly deploy Linux server solutions.
    `----

    Launchy for Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Launchy is a clever replacement for program menus that searches for the
    | program you want as you type the name.
    |
    | We already think very highly of the Windows version and now there is a
    | version for Linu
    `----

    http://www.computeractive.co.uk/comp.../launchy-linux
    http://tinyurl.com/5sqosn

    Deadline 3.0 Now Shipping

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In addition to support for Windows, the latest version of Deadline now runs
    | on Linux and Mac OSX platforms-one of the most in-demand requests from its
    | growing roster of customers.
    `----

    http://siggraphnews.digitalmedianet....icle.jsp?id=48

    LogMeIn Launches Mobile Plug-in for Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | LogMeIn announced today a new plug in available for Linux-based Nokia N800
    | and N810 devices, enabling users to remotely access and control their Windows
    | PCs or Macs using LogMeIn Free or LogMeIn Pro.
    `----

    http://press-releases.techwhack.com/23127-logmein

+ Reply to Thread