Open Source challenger to 'Ruby on Rails' is released - Linux

This is a discussion on Open Source challenger to 'Ruby on Rails' is released - Linux ; http://tinyurl.com/not-ruby ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **...

  1. Open Source challenger to 'Ruby on Rails' is released

  2. Re: Open Source challenger to 'Ruby on Rails' is released

    On Aug 29, 10:52 am, "Ezekiel" wrote:
    > http://tinyurl.com/not-ruby
    >
    > ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

    Cobol on Cogs!!

    ROFLMAO

    Truely a classic.

  3. Re: Open Source challenger to 'Ruby on Rails' is released

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Rex Ballard

    wrote
    on Fri, 29 Aug 2008 13:07:28 -0700 (PDT)
    <9e05d69b-4c6e-4603-9953-5aa54f20ffcb@z72g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>:
    > On Aug 29, 10:52 am, "Ezekiel" wrote:
    >> http://tinyurl.com/not-ruby
    >>
    >> ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

    > Cobol on Cogs!!
    >
    > ROFLMAO
    >
    > Truely a classic.

    This is one of the weirdest websites I've seen in awhile;
    the developer has even for some reason decided to implement
    an occasional screen flicker in Javascript. (Despite the
    claims made on the website, it's fairly conventional HTML.)

    Nice spoof, and in its way prettier than www.timecube.com ...
    though it's a pity the latter outlasted Minsky's Worst of the Web.

    On a slightly more serious note: Gentoo offers two COBOL
    compilers: dev-lang/open-cobol and dev-lang/tinycobol.
    For me, they're of historical interest (my first job
    involved writing VMS COBOL report generation programs),
    and I tend to write Usenet novels anyway. ;-)

    Whether one can truly integrate COBOL with the Web,
    databases such as PostgreSQL, and such is far from clear
    to me, but now at least COBOL is an option on Linux.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Windows Vista. Because a BSOD is just so 20th century; why not
    try our new color changing variant?