Complete Kickstart: How to Save Time Installing Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| All of these installations can be time-consuming, so we were tasked with
| creating a locally available kickstart server for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
| 5.1.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/6747

Application Security Matters: Deploying Enterprise Software Securely

http://www.net-security.org/article.php?id=1172

Really Big Things

,----[ Quote ]
| Another significant failure point that rears its head with large clusters is
| job management. If the scheduler crashes, or has difficulties managing the
| number of jobs, then the cluster will not be able to run effectively. For
| instance, in our hypothetical 25,000 node cluster, there would be 200,000
| cores.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/6744/

Large clusters don't scale with Windows.

Recent:

Vista's Problem: Microsoft Does Not Scale

,----[ Quote ]
| It is deeply ironic that once upon a time Linux - and Linus - was taxed with
| an inability to scale. Today, though, when Linux is running everything from
| most of the world's supercomputers to the new class of sub-laptops like the
| Asus EEE PC and increasing numbers of mobile phones, it is Microsoft that
| finds itself unable to scale its development methodology to handle this
| range. Indeed, it can't even produce a decent desktop system, as the whole
| Vista fiasco demonstrates. * * *
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/20...not-scale.html

Inside the UK's fastest machine

,----[ Quote ]
| The High-End Computing Terascale Resource, or HECToR as it is known, owned by
| the Research Councils of the UK will be used by scientists to simulate
| everything from climate change to atomic structures. It could run at speeds
| of up to 100 teraflops and will be able to carry out up to 100 trillion
| calculations every second, 100,000 times faster than an ordinary computer. * *
`----

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology....climatechange

Related:

Linux in more than 90% of top supercomputers

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensou...upercomputers/
http://tinyurl.com/2rponk