Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club - Linux

This is a discussion on Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club - Linux ; Why, Snit, of course! Come up on the stage and get your membership t-shirt, Snit. You've earned it. Your latest fiasco about EXIF tags that never existed is one of the better whoppers told in this group over the past ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 166

  1. Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    Why, Snit, of course!

    Come up on the stage and get your membership t-shirt, Snit. You've earned
    it. Your latest fiasco about EXIF tags that never existed is one of the
    better whoppers told in this group over the past few years.

    You do know that as the low man on the totem pole in the club, you're going
    to have to serve a 3-month term as Flatfarb's and d00Fus' bed wench, don't
    you?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Acid bath? You're soaking in it...

    Good to the last supper

  2. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    ng95ygrpc498$.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 8/27/08 4:41 PM:

    > Why, Snit, of course!
    >
    > Come up on the stage and get your membership t-shirt, Snit. You've earned
    > it. Your latest fiasco about EXIF tags that never existed is one of the
    > better whoppers told in this group over the past few years.

    Yeah, it was *horrid*, I wrote "28" and you corrected me that the data was
    really "26". I was grossly humiliated by this grievous error I made... I
    went to hide my head in shame. Clearly this is so much bigger of an issue
    than you lying about me calling you, about you targeting my personal and
    professional life with your trolling, with your posting of threats in a
    public forum... even your freaking out over my getting you to admit I was
    right about your IP address... you certainly have nothing to be ashamed of,
    right?

    LOL!

    Oh, speaking of the EXIF data silliness did you see Peter Köhlmann looking
    for the EXIF data on Usenet messages ... that was just frickin' hilarious...

    > You do know that as the low man on the totem pole in the club, you're going
    > to have to serve a 3-month term as Flatfarb's and d00Fus' bed wench, don't
    > you?

    Ah, Tattoo is now going to bad mouth me... LOL!

    And keep in mind what this is all about... I talked about Linux in much the
    same way as those that are in charge of many of the biggest OSS projects!

    You simply cannot handle such well supported facts... they *clearly* piss
    you off.

    --
    Teachers open the door but you must walk through it yourself.

  3. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    ng95ygrpc498$.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 8/27/08 4:41 PM:

    > Why, Snit, of course!

    Nope... but what is sad is that you even *have* such a club... and, clearly
    you are the president.

    I turn down your invitation... I clearly do not fit the profile you are
    looking for with your "COLA Trolls [sic] Liar's [sic] Club"

    Oh, and not only are you a liar your grammar is quite bad. I suppose you
    could start another club for people who share *that* trait with you as well.

    --
    When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how
    to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not

  4. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    Snit wrote:

    > You simply cannot handle such well supported facts... they *clearly* piss
    > you off.

    The only fact that applies to you is that you're a lying fool. Deal with it
    and move on.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Love me tender / love me sweet / push me out at 12,000 ft

    Good to the last supper

  5. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    Snit wrote:

    > You simply cannot handle such well supported facts... they *clearly* piss
    > you off.

    The only fact that applies to you is that you're a lying fool. Deal with it
    and move on.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Love me tender / love me sweet / push me out at 12,000 ft

    Good to the last supper

  6. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    Why, Snit, of course!

    Come up on the stage and get your membership t-shirt, Snit. You've earned
    it. Your latest fiasco about EXIF tags that never existed is one of the
    better whoppers told in this group over the past few years.

    You do know that as the low man on the totem pole in the club, you're going
    to have to serve a 3-month term as Flatfarb's and d00Fus' bed wench, don't
    you?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Acid bath? You're soaking in it...

    Good to the last supper

  7. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    The liar Michael Glasser (Snot/Snit/Rekruled) snotted:

    > "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    > ng95ygrpc498$.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 8/27/08 4:41 PM:
    >
    >> Why, Snit, of course!
    >>
    >> Come up on the stage and get your membership t-shirt, Snit. You've earned
    >> it. Your latest fiasco about EXIF tags that never existed is one of the
    >> better whoppers told in this group over the past few years.

    > Yeah, it was *horrid*, I wrote "28" and you corrected me that the data was
    > really "26".

    He corrected you since your date was in the future

    > I was grossly humiliated by this grievous error I made... I
    > went to hide my head in shame.

    You should be ashamed, Michael Glasser. Since you are *again* openly lying
    here. Your blunder was not the date itself, as you have been told several
    times already.
    Your blunder was that you lied about the images containing EXIF data.

    < snip more Michael Glasser lies >

    > Oh, speaking of the EXIF data silliness did you see Peter Köhlmann looking
    > for the EXIF data on Usenet messages ... that was just frickin'
    > hilarious...

    Lying again, Michael Glasser

    Msg-ID <48b63e04$0$20712$9b4e6d93@newsspool4.arcor-online.net>
    ---------------------------
    > "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    > 48b5dbe7$0$12955$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net on 8/27/08 3:57 PM:
    >
    >> The liar Michael Glasser (Snot/Snit/Rekruled) snotted:
    >>
    >> < snip >
    >>
    >>> Bottom line, though, as I noted EXIF data contains dates. Â*Seriously, I
    >>> am surprised how many people in COLA did not know that.
    >>>

    >> And you can certainly give us the Msg-IDs

    > LOL! Â*It is not Usenet messages that have EXIF data but images (mostly jpg
    > images).
    >
    > Seriously, Peter, it amuses me to see you try to sound clever. Â*Too funny!

    You can certainly give us the Msg-IDs, Snot/Snit/Rekruled/Michael Glasser.

    You know, those messages where "people did not know that EXIF contains
    data".

    But then, you are just a liar. You are extremely dishonest
    ---------------------------

    --
    Ignorance is a condition. Stupidity is a way of life.

  8. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    >The liar Michael Glasser (Snot/Snit/Rekruled) snotted:
    >
    >> "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    >> ng95ygrpc498$.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 8/27/08 4:41 PM:
    >>
    >>> Why, Snit, of course!
    >>>
    >>> Come up on the stage and get your membership t-shirt, Snit. You've earned
    >>> it. Your latest fiasco about EXIF tags that never existed is one of the
    >>> better whoppers told in this group over the past few years.

    >> Yeah, it was *horrid*, I wrote "28" and you corrected me that the data was
    >> really "26".

    >He corrected you since your date was in the future
    >
    >> I was grossly humiliated by this grievous error I made... I
    >> went to hide my head in shame.

    >You should be ashamed, Michael Glasser. Since you are *again* openly lying
    >here. Your blunder was not the date itself, as you have been told several
    >times already.
    >Your blunder was that you lied about the images containing EXIF data.
    >
    >< snip more Michael Glasser lies >
    >
    >> Oh, speaking of the EXIF data silliness did you see Peter Köhlmann looking
    >> for the EXIF data on Usenet messages ... that was just frickin'
    >> hilarious...

    >Lying again, Michael Glasser

    Shamelessly so.

    >Msg-ID <48b63e04$0$20712$9b4e6d93@newsspool4.arcor-online.net>
    >---------------------------
    >> "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    >> 48b5dbe7$0$12955$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net on 8/27/08 3:57 PM:
    >>
    >>> The liar Michael Glasser (Snot/Snit/Rekruled) snotted:
    >>>
    >>> < snip >

    >>> And you can certainly give us the Msg-IDs

    >> LOL! *It is not Usenet messages that have EXIF data but images (mostly jpg
    >> images).
    >>
    >> Seriously, Peter, it amuses me to see you try to sound clever. *Too funny!

    >You can certainly give us the Msg-IDs, Snot/Snit/Rekruled/Michael Glasser.
    >
    >You know, those messages where "people did not know that EXIF contains
    >data".
    >
    >But then, you are just a liar. You are extremely dishonest

    No one had better ask to "show an example of Sn^Hhit lying" ever
    again. Cripes, it's just a steady stream of lies!

  9. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    "Peter Köhlmann" wrote in message
    > The liar Michael Glasser (Snot/Snit/Rekruled) snotted:
    >
    >> "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    >> ng95ygrpc498$.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 8/27/08 4:41 PM:
    >>
    >>> Why, Snit, of course!
    >>>
    >>> Come up on the stage and get your membership t-shirt, Snit. You've
    >>> earned
    >>> it. Your latest fiasco about EXIF tags that never existed is one of the
    >>> better whoppers told in this group over the past few years.

    >> Yeah, it was *horrid*, I wrote "28" and you corrected me that the data
    >> was
    >> really "26".

    > He corrected you since your date was in the future
    >
    >> I was grossly humiliated by this grievous error I made... I
    >> went to hide my head in shame.

    > You should be ashamed, Michael Glasser. Since you are *again* openly lying
    > here. Your blunder was not the date itself, as you have been told several
    > times already.
    > Your blunder was that you lied about the images containing EXIF data.
    >
    > < snip more Michael Glasser lies >
    >
    >> Oh, speaking of the EXIF data silliness did you see Peter Köhlmann
    >> looking
    >> for the EXIF data on Usenet messages ... that was just frickin'
    >> hilarious...

    > Lying again, Michael Glasser
    >
    > Msg-ID <48b63e04$0$20712$9b4e6d93@newsspool4.arcor-online.net>
    > ---------------------------
    >> "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    >> 48b5dbe7$0$12955$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net on 8/27/08 3:57 PM:
    >>
    >>> The liar Michael Glasser (Snot/Snit/Rekruled) snotted:
    >>>
    >>> < snip >

    >>> And you can certainly give us the Msg-IDs

    >> LOL! It is not Usenet messages that have EXIF data but images (mostly jpg
    >> images).
    >>
    >> Seriously, Peter, it amuses me to see you try to sound clever. Too funny!
    >>

    > You can certainly give us the Msg-IDs, Snot/Snit/Rekruled/Michael Glasser.
    >
    > You know, those messages where "people did not know that EXIF contains
    > data".
    >
    > But then, you are just a liar. You are extremely dishonest
    > ---------------------------

    Peter,

    with all due respect, your obsession with Snit seems to be taking an
    unhealthy track.

  10. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    "Mocassin Joe" stated in post
    a3Atk.18182$XT1.17036@bignews5.bellsouth.net on 8/28/08 9:10 AM:

    > Peter,
    >
    > with all due respect, your obsession with Snit seems to be taking an
    > unhealthy track.

    He *hates* how I have pointed out the huge holes in his technical knowledge
    - such as when I pointed out his error in confusing my IP address with the
    IP address of a web host and later the IP address of an email server.

    He now is claiming that the error he made in regards to EXIF data was really
    his just looking for a message where the EXIF data was talked about - not
    looking for the EXIF data *of* the message. Maybe... re-reading the thread
    I will acknowledge it is not clear one way or the other - and while it is
    most likely that he just screwed up again I will give him the benefit of the
    doubt. *Maybe* he was not as ignorant there as he appeared...

    But he *still* screwed up with IP addresses. That was crystal clear.

    --
    The answer to the water shortage is to dilute it.

  11. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    Snit wrote:

    > Maybe... re-reading the thread I will acknowledge it is not clear one way
    > or the other

    In other words, in another attempt to troll, you made yourself look like a
    fool. Again.

    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....If you shoot a mime, should you use a silencer?

    Good to the last supper

  12. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    1g3cjtxm8fnh3$.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 8/28/08 4:52 PM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> Maybe... re-reading the thread I will acknowledge it is not clear one way
    >> or the other

    > In other words, in another attempt to troll, you made yourself look like a
    > fool. Again.

    Ah, let us see what Tattoo Vampire is trying to get away with:

    1) He snipped the context of my admission of possible error.

    2) He is pretending that it is a *bad* thing for someone to
    acknowledge they might be wrong.

    Compare this to my actions where I do not snip the context of the comments I
    am responding to (no example will be shown where I have done so). I also
    *value* and celebrate when someone is brave enough and honest enough to
    admit to a possible error...

    So there we have it, two ways in which Tattoo Vampire and I are different.
    I value honesty and honor in myself and others - he does not.

    --
    "The music is not inside the piano." - Alan Kay

  13. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > ****:
    >>
    >> Maybe... re-reading the thread I will acknowledge it is not clear one
    >> way or the other

    > In other words, in another attempt to troll, you made yourself look like
    > a fool. Again.

    A "fool"? **** is *far* worse than a mere "fool". If you're going to
    accuse someone else of being a fscking idiot or a fscking liar, you had
    better have some solid, logical, evidence.

    Otherwise, you're a fscking "asshole".

  14. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    "chrisv" stated in post
    6LydnfFDsowR2CrVnZ2dnUVZ_sLinZ2d@giganews.com on 8/28/08 5:40 PM:

    > Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> ****:
    >>>
    >>> Maybe... re-reading the thread I will acknowledge it is not clear one
    >>> way or the other

    >> In other words, in another attempt to troll, you made yourself look like
    >> a fool. Again.

    > A "fool"? **** is *far* worse than a mere "fool". If you're going to
    > accuse someone else of being a fscking idiot or a fscking liar, you had
    > better have some solid, logical, evidence.
    >
    > Otherwise, you're a fscking "asshole".

    I welcome your "solid, logical, evidence" to support your accusations
    against me.

    Note: yes, I know you will fail... heck, I doubt you will even try. But
    then you will show what a hypocrite you are...

    --
    The fact that OS X is growing and Linux isn't, tells you that OS X is
    offering things that Linux is not.

  15. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    chrisv wrote:

    > Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> ****:
    >>>
    >>> Maybe... re-reading the thread I will acknowledge it is not clear one
    >>> way or the other

    >> In other words, in another attempt to troll, you made yourself look
    >> like a fool. Again.

    > A "fool"? **** is *far* worse than a mere "fool". If you're going to
    > accuse someone else of being a fscking idiot or a fscking liar, you had
    > better have some solid, logical, evidence.
    >
    > Otherwise, you're a fscking "asshole".

    "You're" meaning "he is", is in "**** is", of course... 8)

  16. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    On Aug 27, 7:41*pm, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > Why, Snit, of course!

    OK, kids, it's time to stop your bickering.

    What I like about so many of Snits new topics is that he gives you a
    quote, out of context, from an important Linux leader. If you just
    look up the quote, you can see the full context, what was being
    advocated, and how it addresses the very issue and quote that Snit had
    provided.

    Snit points to the "deviations" of the desktop, and proceeds to quote
    Linux Foundation leaders who are describing how LSB 3.1 was providing
    desktop standards at the "lower level" that assures that LSB 3.1
    compliant desktop applications can run on ANY LSB 3.1 compliant
    version of Linux.

    It really is priceless. I can't tell whether Snit is a Linux advocate
    or WinTroll, but his ability to point people in the right direction by
    providing quotes that address his "gripes" tells me that he's a Linux
    advocate posing as a WinTroll to encourage other Linux advocates to
    "follow the breadcrumbs" to key arguments that directly address and
    shatter Microsoft FUD.

    So you really need to stop sniping at each other and "follow the bread-
    crumbs".

    Sorry Snit, hope I didn't blow your cover :-D.

  17. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    On Aug 28, 9:59*pm, Snit wrote:
    > "chrisv" stated in post

    > The fact that OS X is growing and Linux isn't, tells you that OS X is
    > offering things that Linux is not.
    > - Mark Shuttleworth (founded Canonical Ltd. / Ubuntu Linux)

    Yes, like putting OS/X in all of the iMacs on display in thousands of
    Apple stores strategically located in a number of very high traffic
    shopping centers. And staffing those stores with people who are
    carefully trained to answer questions accurately, and to help people
    who are test driving an iMac with OS/X for the very first time.

    At least Acer has managed to put a Linux NetBook on display at
    thousands of Circuit Cities. That's a pretty good step in the right
    direction.

  18. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    Snit wrote:

    > So there we have it, two ways in which Tattoo Vampire and I are different.
    > I value honesty and honor in myself and others - he does not.

    The guy who called me at work and then denied it talks about honesty.

    That's right, Glasser. I watched a few seconds of one of your videos. Your
    voice is the same one I heard during that phone call.

    I'm not saying that as a troll or a flame. I'm saying it because it's the
    truth, and you know it is.

    Take my advice and don't dare to ever call me at the office again. I can
    make some calls myself, you know.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....I'm just here for moral support... please ignore the gun.

    Good to the last supper

  19. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    "Rex Ballard" stated in post
    26474252-79ee-4e19-97c6-fcdc91168956...oglegroups.com on 8/28/08
    7:26 PM:

    > On Aug 27, 7:41*pm, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >> Why, Snit, of course!

    > OK, kids, it's time to stop your bickering.

    100% agreed.

    > What I like about so many of Snits new topics is that he gives you a
    > quote, out of context, from an important Linux leader. If you just
    > look up the quote, you can see the full context, what was being
    > advocated, and how it addresses the very issue and quote that Snit had
    > provided.

    Exactly.

    > Snit points to the "deviations" of the desktop, and proceeds to quote
    > Linux Foundation leaders who are describing how LSB 3.1 was providing
    > desktop standards at the "lower level" that assures that LSB 3.1
    > compliant desktop applications can run on ANY LSB 3.1 compliant
    > version of Linux.

    Right... and while that is not exactly what I have been saying in my own
    arguments it is very much complimentary to it (I tend to look at user issues
    more than developer issues).

    > It really is priceless. I can't tell whether Snit is a Linux advocate
    > or WinTroll

    I use OS X, Windows, and Linux... I am clearly *not* a Wintroll. Some have
    said - showing their ignorance - that I am advocating to get desktop Linux
    to be just like the Mac (even though I have repeatedly gone into some depth
    about the reasons why the Linux desktop should *not* be like OS X).

    > , but his ability to point people in the right direction by
    > providing quotes that address his "gripes" tells me that he's a Linux
    > advocate posing as a WinTroll to encourage other Linux advocates to
    > "follow the breadcrumbs" to key arguments that directly address and
    > shatter Microsoft FUD.

    I am pointing out that the very same issues I have brought up (or in the
    case of my recent quotes similar and complimentary issues) are being
    recognized and discussed by the major leader in the Linux / OSS movement,
    including the folks who make KDE, Gnome, OpenOffice, and Firefox and such
    influential people as Mark Shuttleworth, Jim Zemlin, and Tim Berners-Lee,
    and UI experts such as George Carole, Rhee Cheul, John W Satzingerm, Jakob
    Nielsen, Rick Oppedisano and R. Chimera. Even Henry P. Ledgard in his "The
    Case Against User Interface Consistency" shows a lot of *agreement* with my
    views.

    Shuttleworth in particular has talked about how these different groups
    (especially KDE and Gnome) would do desktop Linux well by working together
    more - and if the two of them were to *along* with some major desktop
    distros it is clear that *huge* levels of improvement could be made... and
    would allow developers to develop for Linux even easier than they can now.

    > So you really need to stop sniping at each other and "follow the bread-
    > crumbs".
    >
    > Sorry Snit, hope I didn't blow your cover :-D.

    No problem... but since I primarily use OS X and not Windows I am hardly a
    WinTroll by *any* stretch of the imagination.

    --
    You really have to give credit to Apple for driving innovation.

  20. Re: Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club

    "Rex Ballard" stated in post
    1038b884-e350-4fd1-991a-505415e1cbe6...oglegroups.com on 8/28/08
    7:39 PM:

    > On Aug 28, 9:59*pm, Snit wrote:
    >> "chrisv" stated in post

    >> The fact that OS X is growing and Linux isn't, tells you that OS X is
    >> offering things that Linux is not.
    >> - Mark Shuttleworth (founded Canonical Ltd. / Ubuntu Linux)

    > Yes, like putting OS/X in all of the iMacs on display in thousands of
    > Apple stores strategically located in a number of very high traffic
    > shopping centers. And staffing those stores with people who are
    > carefully trained to answer questions accurately, and to help people
    > who are test driving an iMac with OS/X for the very first time.
    >
    > At least Acer has managed to put a Linux NetBook on display at
    > thousands of Circuit Cities. That's a pretty good step in the right
    > direction.

    There is *no* doubt that OS X has "external" advantages (things not
    intrinsic to the OS itself). Apple has massive marketing power and there
    are other products that people associate with Apple... this clearly helps
    sell OS X (why advertise if it did not work!) And free face-to-face tech
    support for people in big cities is something nobody else offers.

    OS X also has some very big disadvantages, at least in terms of growing its
    market share: it runs on only Apple-provided hardware (with a few legally
    questionable and unsupported exceptions) and that hardware, while generally
    quite good, is rather limited in its selection. Just try to get a
    medium-end Mac without a webcam. No such beast. Apple targets the mid to
    high range market... when the low end is, at least for the home market, the
    "lions share". OS X is also not free... compared to Linux being free that
    is *clearly* a disadvantage.

    To summarize:

    Linux.
    Free.
    Runs on almost anything.
    Offered as an option by the biggest OEMs
    Can be downloaded for free without any OEM support
    Less than 1% of the only market Linus really cares about

    Compared to:

    OS X
    Not free.
    Runs only on relatively high end proprietary hardware
    Offered by only one relatively small OEM
    Around 10% of the the same market

    So why is Linux not as big or bigger than OS X in terms of home user market
    share? My answers are:

    * Lack of support from MS, Adobe, Apple, etc.
    * The fractured experience on any given desktop distro
    * Confusion about what Linux is vs. PCLOS, Ubuntu, etc.
    * Lack of support for some peripherals... maybe.

    I am sure there are more I am not thinking of now.

    How to "fix" this - if you even want it fixed:

    Well, to get support from the "big boys" you need the market share... so do
    not expect Photoshop to be ported to Linux to help get it marketshare unless
    it already has made it a long way. The confusion about what the distros are
    could be answered, to some extent, by clever marketing... though if
    different distros all market their 'wares at the same time it could add to
    the confusion. Lack of support for some hardware is a programmer issue... I
    do not know enough about driver issues to really speak on it much.

    That leaves user experience issues. And that is what I often talk about...
    and in my case mostly GUI issues, though the user experience is also tied to
    many programmer issues.

    Whew... enough for now. Maybe too much.

    --
    "If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
    - Anatole France

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast